“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Bishops Road | P.O Box 40842, Nairobi 00100, Kenya   |
Ranked #7 of 106 Hotels in Nairobi
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Stayed here recently before flying out to the Masai Mara for a safari . The hotel was beutiful , clean , excellent choice of resteraunts serving different types of cuisine and a beautiful buffet style breakfast catering for all sorts of tastes. The rooms were comfortable with air-con and wi-fi , outside is a beutiful pool area and ornamental pool and gardens . Overall a great play to stay and one I would reccomend. Anyone concerned about current troubles in Kenya have no fear about the security of this hotel it is first class and right opposite some government buildings which has 24hr armed guards

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Stayed here last October whilst on 4 week trip through Africa. It was only a couple of weeks after the bombing but glad Enchanting Africa chose this place as it was very safe. It is opposite the Israeli Embassy and has high security gates and also scanners so felt very safe. Food was good, rooms lovely and the building itself is fantastic. Great pool although it was a little cool at this time of year for swimming in. The grounds are gorgeous with lots of greenery and little places to get away from it all. Open fire places in the lounges make these areas warm and inviting. Our room was in the main building but away from the restaurant and pool area and was lovely and big and quite. (above the business centre) Would highly recommend this hotel to stay at.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

This hotel exceeded my expectations. Old world charm and we felt very safe, you go through security to get in and since it is next to the Israeli embassy it is very safe. The breakfast was buffet and a wide choice. Dinner beside the pool was atreat.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel as a jumping off point for travel in Kenya. The rooms are clean and spacious. The location is safe and secure. The grounds are a lovely oasis in the middle of a big (sometimes intimidating) city. Most of all the customer service is superb.

I ended up getting quite sick while traveling in northern Kenya. I returned to Nairobi to see a doctor and was admitted to the hospital. My mother was staying at the hotel and they couldn't have been more helpful or accommodating. They even sent me flowers in the hospital! This is a wonderful place and you cannot go wrong with staying here. Highly recommend.

Stayed July 2014
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I had to make sure the Fairview got the same treatment as their amazing sister hotel, Country Lodge, so I'm posting my comments on their page as well (see below). The ONLY reason they got "Very Good" and not "Excellent" is because I didn't stay in their rooms so can't personally attest to the quality. But everything else (dining, event facilities, gift shop, etc.) was simply amazing.

In addition to the comments below about the property, in general, I also want mention that that the Fairview brilliantly handled one special event for 35 people, and a packed lunch for nine during my business meeting/retreat.

Absolutely divine, and a totally serene atmosphere. This property is were you want to come home to after a crazy day.

Complete Review:
This is my first post ever but this is how much I loved this The Country Lodge (soon to be the Town Lodge) and her staff. The facilities are more than just clean and fresh, they are serene. And the entire property (only a courtyard away is their sister hotel, The Fairview, which is equally amazing at a slightly higher price point - but worth it!) has everything (literally) you would ever need while staying in Nairobi for business or pleasure.

I actually came here for work where I held a business six day retreat/meeting and both hotels handled a majority of my needs including a welcome dinner buffet for 35 people at the Fairveiw.

Country Lodge has an amazing breakfast, great (consistent!) wifi, tea/juice every afternoon at 5pm, is totally safe and secure, and a staff that remembers your name and needs. I left on a safari for a few days and they even held my bags for me (available only if you are retuning for at least one night upon returning to the City). And they have the BEST showers with serious hot water!

There are no air conditioners and at first I panicked because I HATE being hot, but my concern was complete overkill. There are ceiling fans in each room which provided more cool air than I've ever needed (but I did stay during the winter - July).

I could go on, but no need. Unless something absolutely crazy happens in the future this is where I (and/or my team) will stay whenever in Nairobi.

Room Tip: I didn't stay at the Fairview (I stayed at their sister hotel, The Country Lodge, in the adjoini...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Totally different in a positive way, really matching with their slogan (tge country hotel in town, if you prefer quite rooms i recommend the new extension, very british old style hotel, varaity of restaurants, very well secured, not far from airport, most of plugs are 3 pin, weather is always nice but if you prefer aircon. 2nd floor rooms are equiped

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Orange County, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed at the Fairview for three nights following our safari in the Masai Mara. Rooms are basic but clean and comfortable. More importantly, the grounds are beautiful, and there is a nice choice of restaurants if you're too tired to go out. We would definitely choose to stay there again if we are passing through Nairobi.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Fairview Hotel? Share your experiences!