This was my 4th stay at the Fairview since 2005, I've never stayed anywhere else in Nairobi in spite of the fact that it can sometimes be difficult getting a room as it's often full.
On this visit, I thought the hotel was even better than before, they're continually improving it. Reasons why I like it so much are:
- the beautiful grounds, 5 acres I think. Since my previous visit, they've put in a lovely water feature in the front garden - sounds naff but it looks very natural and has been well designed. Stepping into the hotel after a busy day in Nairobi & often dreadful traffic is magic! And all the paths throughout the hotel & grounds have been nicely designed with good stonework;
- the staff, they're unfailingly friendly & helpful;
- the food, the hotel now has 4 or 5 different places to eat but I always prefer the restaurant beside the pool - good choice of dishes at reasonable prices. Excellent breakfasts;
- the rooms, I was in an economy room on this trip (for 2 weeks) and it was fine. Not large but it had everything I needed - comfortable bed, free wifi, good shower, bottled water, good TV (with BBC), plenty of power points.
- security, very tight security to get into the hotel & good security throughout;
- lovely pool and a small but adequate gym.
I've stayed in many hotels throughout the world (admittedly not in hotels like The Savoy or Claridges) but the Fairview is my favourite because of the way in which everything harmonizes together to a very high standard.