“Great historic hotel, but a bit removed” 4 of 5 stars

Fairview Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bishops Road | P.O Box 40842, Nairobi 00100, Kenya   |
Ranked #11 of 128 Hotels in Nairobi
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great historic hotel, but a bit removed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

The Fariview is a classic old hotel, with great charm and history. Unlike some older hotels, though, the Fairview has been updated to keep up with the times. This goes for the amenities in the rooms as well as the other services, such as the restaurants.

The rooms can be a bit small, but there's no need to stay in the room with the gardens, pool, and other facilities. The restaurants are very good, and the kitchen is pretty quick with orders.

The biggest problem I have with the Fairview is that it's a bit removed from the rest of the city. That may be a good thing for some, but it puts you a bit far from the restaurants, shopping, and services downtown.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Welwyn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

The Fairview is a green oasis in this city in a commanding position ....it has great service, good food, and a generally relaxing atmosphere. It will always be the hotel of choice in Nairobi

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Accra, Ghana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

Stayed at Fairview hotel for 4 nights from 15th January 2011. I held a surprise birthday party for my wife and all the 60 pax who attended were very happy with the quality of the food. Chef Mullan and his team did a fantastic job. As a hotelier myself, I may admit the Fairview hotel has best food and accomodation in Nairobi and would highly recommend it to anyone who would wish to have an excellent holiday and business.
CHARLES NJERU, ACCRA, GHANA

Room Tip: rooms very clean and spacious
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

My office management has taken a decision that they would give me the cost of the training travel after baring my own expenses. So I took a booking from the website www.bestkenyatravel.com and the contact info@bestkenyatravel.com that was known by me since long before.

I was very much happy and delighted to see their costs and packages. They are not only charging reasonable prizes but also attempting a good communication skill with their clients. With their package I was selected to go a hotel to stay for 3 days named “Fairview Hotel”. It was pretty good to stay and there I found cost free internet. On the 2nd day after the sunset I got out to see the wild life of the Nairobi. And it was in short stunning.

Thanks to the travel agency to give me the opportunity to have amusement though I was surrounded with my work pressures.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

We chose the Fairview for our last night in Kenya after a wonderful safari holiday because of the rave reviews on Trip Advisor. I booked a superior double room with an extra bed for our daughter and supposedly guaranteed it with my credit card. On arrival we were told that we had been 'upgraded' to an apartment, which turned out to be a fairly dismal sort of hall of residence next door to the hotel. Although it was a spacious 3-bed flat it was very basic and had none of the comforts and luxury we were expecting of our hotel room, nor did we feel that we were a part of the hotel at all.
We were still charged the same price as the original booking even though we were not given the room we had booked, although after complaining the hotel did make a small reduction.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
FairviewNairobi, Owner at Fairview Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2011
Thanks for your feedback.

The offer to take up one of our apartments was an effort to keep your family in a more spacious environment and we deeply regret the inconvenience. The intention was in no way meant to cheat you out of your room and I do hope the 37% reduction on the room rate following your complaint helped to mitigate your disappointment.

I hope you will give us another chance one day so we can show you why your disappointment on your last visit was an isolated case.

Mark
director@fairviewkenya.com
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

personally i like the hotel quite and serene away from the CBD , friendly staff a top notch if you ask me !
a top notch if you ask me

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Mombasa, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

This is one of the best hotels i have ever been,they have excellent services they offer to the guests.you even feel you are in heaven when at fair view.The hotel location is very central to the city giving you a natural breeze and i liked their food especially the Pango restaurant

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business