“Amazing Hotel - 100% Top Notch and Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Fairview Hotel
Bishops Road | P.O Box 40842, Nairobi 00100, Kenya   |
Ranked #7 of 111 Hotels in Nairobi
Guilford
“Amazing Hotel - 100% Top Notch and Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

My first visit to Kenya was fantastic and the Fairview Hotel was incredible. This is a beautiful property that has an excellent staff. You will feel pampered and safe. The hotel is has beautiful wood furniture and walls on the first floor and a lush, green grounds, pool, and several nice restaurants. You will not be disapointed!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
North Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed recently for 2 days before our safari and 1 day after at the Fairview. To summarize our stay into one word...AMAZING!! Upon our arrival, we were greeting with plenty of smiles and a very warm welcome. Our room was very quiet and comfortable and the grounds were incredible. Pool was a very nice feature as well as a gym and buisness centre. The food was by far the best that I ate our whole time in Kenya and plenty of variety. The hotel is in a wonderful location on Upper Hill, out of the rustle and bustle of the city center but definately within walking distance. Wi-fi was included in our rate which was a nice feature and overall we felt that the price was reasonable. Would definately recommend the Fairview to anyone visiting Nairobi!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

I stayed at the Fairview hotel for two nights at the start of my visit to Kenya and then again on my final night. As a single lady, travelling on my own, I was naturally a little concerned about what would be lying in store but I needn't have worried. Everything about the hotel is first class, from the excellent airport pick-up arranged via the hotel, to the welcome at reception and the efficient booking in procedure, to the excellent rooms (even the single ones), to the fantastic selection of just about everything for breakfast! The free wi-fi was a very welcome bonus. The hotel's atmosphere was very relaxing and provided an oasis of calm in the middle of a very busy city. I would have no hesitation in recommending the hotel to anyone who needs somewhere to stay in Nairobi.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

What can I say, an amazing hotel. The rooms although slightly small are excellent. Everything is very clean and the customer service is outstanding. If you are looking for a hotel in Nairobi, chose this one as you will not go wrong.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

My wife and I stayed for 1 very short night at the Fairview Christmas Eve 2010. We were staying overnight on our way to Rwanda, and didn't check in until almost Midnight, and left around 8 am. Therefore I'm not sure how helpful my review may be, but had some thoughts to pass along.

Nairobi is a busy, bustling city, and while we didn't have time to venture around it all, the Fairview definitely deserves its moniker as "an oasis" in the city. The grounds are lovely, the gardens full of beautiful flowers and plants, and the they do a great job to make you think you're nowhere near the 3rd largest city in Africa.

Our check-in was quick and easy. Our room wasn't huge, but wasn't small either. The bed was hard, but I like my mattresses on the hard side. There was satellite TV available, but we didn't have much time to watch.

In the morning we took advantage of the hotel's breakfast, and that was a surprise. The buffet was very big, with tons of choices, from omelets made to order, to eggs, pancakes, waffles, meats, fruits, pastries, etc. There was also a great juice bar, and wonderful Kenyan coffee. It was a good way to start Christmas morning.

The pool area looked very welcoming, and with several restaurants at the hotel, it does seem like one could stay for a few days and not be too bored. It's the only hotel I've stayed at in Nairobi, so I can't compare it to anything else, but if I ever need a place to stay over while flying through Kenya, I think I'll stay at the Fairview again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Fayetteville, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

After 24 hours of travel I was ready to relax before beginning my safari. I was met at the airport by one of many taxi drivers that is contracted by the Fairview Hotel. His name is Jimmy Gathua and I highly recommend that you ask that he be your driver to the hotel. He is polite, friendly and acts as a tourguide as you ride through the streets of Nairobi to the Fairview.
The Fairview is in a quiet location and after staying in another hotel in the midst of Nairobi traffic I realized the taxi fare to the shopping areas is well worth the cost of peace and quiet as one recovers from jet lag.
The rooms are simple but contain all the ammenities necessary for comfort. The public areas are beautiful and serene. Their restaurants are varied and reasonably priced with good food. Their breakfast buffet is fantastic and as good as many four star hotels I have stayed in when in Spain and Portugal.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

Spent 3 nights before and one night after a safari at the Fairview and found it the perfect place to relax. Ideal location within walking distance of the centre and the list of charges for hotel taxis was also useful. We took a taxi to the museum and the driver came back for us as arranged.
Breakfast was excellent with great choice on offer and we ate at the pool restaurant and found it good value. All the staff were friendly and helpful and the gardens are beautiful- it is hard to believe that you are so close to the traffic.
Our room was clean and comfortable and the free wifi was a bonus. If I am lucky enough to go back to Nairobi I will definitely stay at the Fairview- it lived up to its reputation as number 1 hotel!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairview Hotel? Share your experiences!