We booked 2 Deluxe rooms for ourselves and our two sons. Upon arrival we were given 2 rather dingy looking rooms on the ground floor which faced onto a brick wall. We asked to move rooms (couldn't help but wonder what the standard rooms were like if these were Deluxe). After an hour they found two adjacent rooms on the second floor which faced the courtyard. These rooms were so much better - lighter and a bit more space particularly in the twin room. We did have a problem with the noisy air conditioner which kept me awake until I switched it off and ended up trying to sleep in a very stuffy room. My husband is a Fairmont member but didn't have his card - they thought it would be too hard to locate his number in the system so didn't bother.
Breakfast was included and there was plenty of choice. Kids used the pool which they really enjoyed.
All in all just another hotel for me - nothing special at all. Just make sure you dont get a room facing the brick wall of the neighbouring property.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont The Norfolk Hotel Nairobi
- Fairmont The Norfolk Hotel
- Fairmont Hotel Norfolk
- Norfolk Hotel Nairobi
- Fairmont Hotel Nairobi
- Norfolk Nairobi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairmont The Norfolk Hotel has played a leading role in Kenya's colorful history, and continues to be the best-known luxury hotel in Nairobi. The town and later the modern city of Nairobi grew up around Fairmont The Norfolk hotel, which still has its own private tropical gardens. The hotel is still the traditional starting point for safaris and the Lord Delamere Terrace is modern Nairobi's popular meeting place, where drinks and light meals are served continuously from morning till late evening.Fairmont The Norfolk was expanded in 1999 and subsequently renovated in time for its centennial celebrations in 2004. The Delamere & Acacia Wing were refurbished in 2012 to give the rooms a modern touch, whilst preserving their charm and unique personality. The Nairobi hotel now offers accommodations in 170 guest rooms and suites, has eight conference rooms, the largest seating 175 delegates, a heated outdoor swimming pool, health club with gym, sauna and steam room and gift shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Splendia, Agoda, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Fairmont The Norfolk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.