I stayed at this hotel last year, and wasn't very impressed, however, decided to give them a second chance. I am sad to say that they have disappointed even more than my previous visit. The quality of food has deteriorated yet the prices have increased. I paid almost $30 for a very small burger and fries. Didn't taste all that grand either! The food is really expensive, which you wouldn't mind paying for if it was really good - not the case I'm afraid. They have really cut down on some of their amenities as well.I paid $288 per night for a twin room - you don't get chocolates for turn down, you don't have the little amenities like a sewing kit, or little vanity kits that you get at other hotels for a cheaper price - and they leave exactly one sachet of coffee at the refreshment unit! When I did ask for more coffee, one sachet was brought 2 hours after my call. If you do stay here, ask for rooms in the left wing, the rooms are newly refurbished. The bathrooms are smaller, but the rooms in the older wings are really old and require desparate refurbish.
The reception staff are really helpful though, and very pleasant in true Kenyan style. Although the overall service is great, for the price you pay you would expect more. Breakfast is $33 per person, but not quite worth it, especially if you order in.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont The Norfolk Hotel Nairobi
- Fairmont The Norfolk Hotel
- Fairmont Hotel Norfolk
- Norfolk Hotel Nairobi
- Fairmont Hotel Nairobi
- Norfolk Nairobi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairmont The Norfolk Hotel has played a leading role in Kenya's colorful history, and continues to be the best-known luxury hotel in Nairobi. The town and later the modern city of Nairobi grew up around Fairmont The Norfolk hotel, which still has its own private tropical gardens. The hotel is still the traditional starting point for safaris and the Lord Delamere Terrace is modern Nairobi's popular meeting place, where drinks and light meals are served continuously from morning till late evening.Fairmont The Norfolk was expanded in 1999 and subsequently renovated in time for its centennial celebrations in 2004. The Delamere & Acacia Wing were refurbished in 2012 to give the rooms a modern touch, whilst preserving their charm and unique personality. The Nairobi hotel now offers accommodations in 170 guest rooms and suites, has eight conference rooms, the largest seating 175 delegates, a heated outdoor swimming pool, health club with gym, sauna and steam room and gift shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Splendia, Agoda, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Fairmont The Norfolk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.