Fairmont The Norfolk was the first hotel on arrival in Kenya. Very nice location! Here we could smell wild animals but we didnt see them :=)
We arrived at night but the hotel was 20 min away from airport. We filled in declarations beforehand at home and received our luggage very quickly so in 30 min we were already at Norfolk. Our room was waiting for us, it was standard room with one king size bed and 1 bed was for our child. The view from the room was pretty, see my photo. I would underline that this hotel was one of the hotels where you can use bathroom and shower in your room. It was very convenient because i travelled with 5 y.o. child. We decided to have a dinner in the hotel restaurant. Menu a la cart was perfect, suitable for children too =) i would recommend this hotel for visiting. You wont be dissappoited with it. It was really good impression for our family because it was our first visit to southeast Africa.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont The Norfolk Hotel Nairobi
- Fairmont The Norfolk Hotel
- Fairmont Hotel Norfolk
- Norfolk Hotel Nairobi
- Fairmont Hotel Nairobi
- Norfolk Nairobi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairmont The Norfolk Hotel has played a leading role in Kenya's colorful history, and continues to be the best-known luxury hotel in Nairobi. The town and later the modern city of Nairobi grew up around Fairmont The Norfolk hotel, which still has its own private tropical gardens. The hotel is still the traditional starting point for safaris and the Lord Delamere Terrace is modern Nairobi's popular meeting place, where drinks and light meals are served continuously from morning till late evening.Fairmont The Norfolk was expanded in 1999 and subsequently renovated in time for its centennial celebrations in 2004. The Delamere & Acacia Wing were refurbished in 2012 to give the rooms a modern touch, whilst preserving their charm and unique personality. The Nairobi hotel now offers accommodations in 170 guest rooms and suites, has eight conference rooms, the largest seating 175 delegates, a heated outdoor swimming pool, health club with gym, sauna and steam room and gift shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Splendia, Travelocity, Tingo, Venere, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Fairmont The Norfolk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.