Our recent trip to Kenya meant we had to have a stopover in a hotel in Nairobi before continuing on our journey we picked the Fairmont Norfolk as its close to both airports.
It is a beautiful and elegant hotel, clean, tidy, elegant, well-maintained - considering it's more than 100 years old - and everything just feels and smells majestic. It has an African feel, starting from the paintings in corridors to toilet accessories.
Food was excellent, staff were very hospitable and friendly, and the service was professional and fast. The hotel gardens are just so colorful and unique, and the style/theme is from the colonial era - very nice and cozy.
The bedrooms are very spacious, beautiful bathroom with enormous shower area, all the toiletries provided are very good. There is also an enclosed veranda with lovely couches to relax and fresh fruit provided.
Our only disappointment and this was very minor was that we had to wait for a table for breakfast as there was a conference taking place and the delegates were seated in the main dining area, perhaps the hotel could use the other area for delegates thus freeing up the front veranda part for other guests.
A wonderful hotel and would certainly choose this again
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont The Norfolk Hotel Nairobi
- Fairmont The Norfolk Hotel
- Fairmont Hotel Norfolk
- Norfolk Hotel Nairobi
- Fairmont Hotel Nairobi
- Norfolk Nairobi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairmont The Norfolk Hotel has played a leading role in Kenya's colorful history, and continues to be the best-known luxury hotel in Nairobi. The town and later the modern city of Nairobi grew up around Fairmont The Norfolk hotel, which still has its own private tropical gardens. The hotel is still the traditional starting point for safaris and the Lord Delamere Terrace is modern Nairobi's popular meeting place, where drinks and light meals are served continuously from morning till late evening.Fairmont The Norfolk was expanded in 1999 and subsequently renovated in time for its centennial celebrations in 2004. The Delamere & Acacia Wing were refurbished in 2012 to give the rooms a modern touch, whilst preserving their charm and unique personality. The Nairobi hotel now offers accommodations in 170 guest rooms and suites, has eight conference rooms, the largest seating 175 delegates, a heated outdoor swimming pool, health club with gym, sauna and steam room and gift shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Splendia, Agoda, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Fairmont The Norfolk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.