The Norfolk is a high end hotel in downtown Nairobi, and it has always been one of the top spots. I have stayed here 2-3 times before and had high expectations as usual.
Reading other reviews before ending up in the hotel gave me some doubts, but to be honest.... it was a good and comfortable stay. I did not get a room with a balcony which was booked (Im a smoker), that was the only drawback for me, and the price was very high. And yes, another small detail. In the bathroom, some interios decors and surfaces was not so clean and they seem to be oldish.... like leaking shower walls making the floor totally wet.
With this kind of price nothing should be wrong.... which is of course difficult as people always have different expectations and some people always have to complain about something.
With this price it should also be things that exceed your expectations....
....so did I find that this time? Yes. The service = staff, was very good, and very helpful.... better than expected.... and then the highlight. The evening meal in the fine dining restaurant. Not too big choice on the menu, but enough. Very good side dishes and good proportions. The mushroom sauce and the pepper sauce was very good, and the quality and preparation of the bull eye cut was absolutely perfect. Rare to find so good piece of meat down here I must say. The best meal for quite some time.... ok, I had good dinner company as well. Finaly another drawback. The interior in the dining area.... it did not fit the heratge of the house.... too fancy light... too posh and too little remains from the good old times...
But of course these are small details, and yes I will be back.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont The Norfolk Hotel Nairobi
- Fairmont The Norfolk Hotel
- Fairmont Hotel Norfolk
- Norfolk Hotel Nairobi
- Fairmont Hotel Nairobi
- Norfolk Nairobi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairmont The Norfolk Hotel has played a leading role in Kenya's colorful history, and continues to be the best-known luxury hotel in Nairobi. The town and later the modern city of Nairobi grew up around Fairmont The Norfolk hotel, which still has its own private tropical gardens. The hotel is still the traditional starting point for safaris and the Lord Delamere Terrace is modern Nairobi's popular meeting place, where drinks and light meals are served continuously from morning till late evening.Fairmont The Norfolk was expanded in 1999 and subsequently renovated in time for its centennial celebrations in 2004. The Delamere & Acacia Wing were refurbished in 2012 to give the rooms a modern touch, whilst preserving their charm and unique personality. The Nairobi hotel now offers accommodations in 170 guest rooms and suites, has eight conference rooms, the largest seating 175 delegates, a heated outdoor swimming pool, health club with gym, sauna and steam room and gift shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Splendia, Agoda, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Fairmont The Norfolk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.