The Norfolk still belongs up there. It is the standard to beat. yes, Nairobi's traffic is bad and yes the pricing is high (for Kenya ..........but hey cheap compared to Miami) the staff are genuine and they want you to have an exceptional time in E Africa. There are other hotels, but this is the benchmark, food has improved hugely, CinCin bar is a bit too dark, water takes a while to run hot, but it still has that charm and an air of something special, delivered well by caring staff.
Oh and the best tiger prawns with mango & chilli dip ......
If you are safari-ing and have a night or two to connect/transfer this is your choice, step up and bite the bullet, but please..... Why would you expect New York or London, your're in Afirca for god's sake.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont The Norfolk Hotel Nairobi
- Fairmont The Norfolk Hotel
- Fairmont Hotel Norfolk
- Norfolk Hotel Nairobi
- Fairmont Hotel Nairobi
- Norfolk Nairobi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Tudor-style Hotel in garden setting, renowned for personal service & traditional safari atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Fairmont Hotels, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Fairmont The Norfolk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.