I stayed at the Serena Hotel for one night at the end of a short holiday in Kenya. It was a quality and well serviced hotel, which appeared to be utilised by the local business and diplomatic community as a stylish meeting place away from the chaos of the city.
The hotel is centrally located in Nairobi and includes a large courtyard style outdoor area and pool. The rooms were of a good size and comfortable, with everything you would expect from a top hotel. I arrived early, yet they were able to find me a room.
A few things of note:
- Huge and very well appointed gym, massage/spa area and large outdoor pool
- Good food options within the hotel
- A very high level of security, and a good sized safe
- There is a small general shop, plus a few gifts stores within the hotel
- Breakfast provided a huge selection, including things cooked to order and a large buffet
- Wifi worked well
There is a real mix of high end business users to tourist from around the world - so great watching the world and Kenya interact around the pool and in the bars.
I would have given the hotel a 5 star rating, except elements of my room were starting to look a little dated (although very clean) and the power failed briefly a few times.