I stayed at the Serena Hotel for one night at the end of a short holiday in Kenya. It was a quality and well serviced hotel, which appeared to be utilised by the local business and diplomatic community as a stylish meeting place away from the chaos of the city.
The hotel is centrally located in Nairobi and includes a large courtyard style outdoor area and pool. The rooms were of a good size and comfortable, with everything you would expect from a top hotel. I arrived early, yet they were able to find me a room.
A few things of note:
- Huge and very well appointed gym, massage/spa area and large outdoor pool
- Good food options within the hotel
- A very high level of security, and a good sized safe
- There is a small general shop, plus a few gifts stores within the hotel
- Breakfast provided a huge selection, including things cooked to order and a large buffet
- Wifi worked well
There is a real mix of high end business users to tourist from around the world - so great watching the world and Kenya interact around the pool and in the bars.
I would have given the hotel a 5 star rating, except elements of my room were starting to look a little dated (although very clean) and the power failed briefly a few times.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Nairobi Serena Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.