“Great hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nairobi Serena Hotel

Save Saved
You added Nairobi Serena Hotel to your Saves list
Nairobi Serena Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kenyatta Avenue/Processional Way | P.O. Box 46302, Nairobi GPO, Kenya   |
Ranked #5 of 106 Hotels in Nairobi
London, United Kingdom
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I stayed here on business after a recommendation. I found all the staff very welcoming and helpful, check-in was quick. I arrived late and ordered room service which arrived promptly. It is in a great location for meetings as it close to the business district. I thought the selection and quality of the food was good. My room was quiet with a nice view of the park. Bar has a nice atmosphere and is reasonably priced. Also showing numerous live sporting events.

I also used the laundry service for a semi-emergency after I ripped the button from my suit jacket half an hour before I was due to leave for a meeting. The member of staff dispatched to help came for my jacket and returned it within 15 minutes, making a fantastic job of re-attaching it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Mooresville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The Serena Hotel in Nairobi was where we spent our first night on a 16 day safari in Kenya and Tanzania. The tour company, Vantage Travel, arranged for us to stay in Serena properties for all of our nights' stays and they were all exceptional. Most nights the properties were located in National Parks and all exceeded our expectations. Although very similar in each lodge, the food in the buffet styled restaurants was quite good and the rooms were as good as any 4 star accommodation we've experienced in similar settings in the United States. The cost of our meals was included in the tour price so I can't compare restaurant food prices. Drink prices were slightly above what you'd expect in the U.S. but not unreasonable. I would highly recommend the tour company, the hotels, and the experience.

Room Tip: If you take a safari tour such as this one, be sure to take a substantial amount of cash for tips. W...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Coral Gables, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Returned to Serena Hotel after five years. This is still my favorite hotel in Nairobi. Fast and friendly check-in/out, excellent service. My room was quiet, very spacious, and spotlessly clean. The garden invites one to spend time outside just like the renovated pool area.

Room Tip: Even though my room overlooked the main entrance the double windows provide excellent noise shieldin...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
tiburon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

They were on top of every thing. Airport pick up and drop off. Stored our extra bags while we
Were on a safari. Meals were mostly buffet. Tasty and wide asortment. Drinks at the bar
Came fast and were fairly priced. Rooms are big and the bed comfortable

Room Tip: Ask for a room teaching the gardens
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Stayed here one night between Kilimanjaro travels and "roughing it" in the bush. I don't know if my being overjoyed was a result relative to my recent experiences, but I was literally jumping and squealing once the doors were closed. The rooms feel plush and high-end, with attention to detail. We're from New York, so we know what we're talking about. As soon as we settled in, we ordered room service, which was great. The food was above average (for Africa). Breakfast was a great feast. The hotel offered what felt like mountains of food. A huge assortment of freshly prepared juices, breads, pastries, cereals, hot items, etc. We were happy, but sad to check out.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
nairobi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Although I only spent 2 days at the Serena hotel, I must admit that I had a quite positive stay. With highly attentive and friendly staff and beautiful seating areas; Serena is one of the best and descent hotels I have ever visited in Nairobi. The hotel is located in perfect and very welcoming grounds (Uhuru Park Gardens). Although generally the hotel is cool, I observed several negatives about it. The meals and rooms are too expensive for the room size as well as the quality of meals. All the breakfasts were complete though very dull. Besides, the check in process is very slow as the clerk took about half an hour to get me checked in.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Maputo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Service excellent, room was small but well appointed, clean and everything worked. Used the massage facilities which were excellent as well. Had supper in the hotel excellent Indian food! Breakfast was fast friendly and impressive in regards to range. Great stay.

Room Tip: Get a room on floors 3 upwards less noise and no foot traffic found on the lower floors.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Nairobi Serena Hotel? Share your experiences!