“350USD” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 124 Hotels in Nairobi
Hafnarfjordur, Iceland
“350USD”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

Totally insulting prices, this hotel is 3 star rather than 5, pricing is stupendous. the hotel is very well located but the pricing is to much to cope with . Teh other "5" star hotels in Nairobi of course have the same attitude but there is no reason to accept this, the prices are base don greed nothing else. The rooms are not to good and the service is like in so many other hotels here, not good. Don't stay here if you can avoid it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
hiltonnairobi, Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, November 8, 2010
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guest's expectations.

We have noted your comment in regard to the condition of our rooms and our services, therefore we would like to convey our sincere apologies, Please rest assured that your feedback is shared with all departments concerned and is thoroughly investigated and worked on. Though we were not able to deliver what you expected, please note we appreciate your feedback as this will go along way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Email: Heidi.KleineMoeller@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Turkish first
Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

I arrived early and stayed at a different cheaper hotel, and then moved to the Hilton to stay with a friend that had booked the Hilton for two of us. The rooms we average and clean, but a burnt out light in the room, caused my to use my little pocket flashlight to search for my clothes and materials for the morning. "Stay at the Hilton, Nairobi, but bring a flashlight" The hotel sent someone who was great, at it improved, but was not bright enough. By the last night I was pretty good at packing in the dark. The pool and restaurant and other things are nice and professional. Safety is fine, and there were no problems. I met some other very interesting guests doing business and working in Nairobi.

My major concern was the value, as the first night I stayed in a much cheaper hotel and received breakfast, and Free WiFi. After constant discussions with the hotel, they were willing to upgrade me to executive for another $30+ USD. Which after spending $1000+ for the four nights seemed ludicrous. I understand there internet is sourced out so it is not them providing the service, but the daily charge was around $20+. It is way to expensive considering I was getting it free the first night and the Safari Park Hotel was selling it for $10 per day (still too much). Breakfast at the Hilton was also part of the Executive Package, and an extra.

Location: You are downtown and there are some local clubs you can go to. But they are local. Most Hilton people were going to somewhere called the Westlands for their night out. Not the local places. In the evening things are closed, so you are pretty much stuck in the hotel without internet. and a small TV. The pool closes at 6 so an evening swill is out, but the gym stays open later. The local Hilton Jockey Tavern is not that interesting.during the weekdays I stayed.

Services: Money exchange is better in the bank that is in the hotel, the front desk was significantly worse. But friends at the same conference got a great rate the Stanley hotel two blocks down the street. They also got free WiFi. The air conditioning was normal, but in the morning it was cooler outside the room when I left, but comfortable during the day. Not really an issue, unless you like it above average cold.

The room: Fine, nothing special, not much space to work with two people in the room, someone would have to work on the bed if there were two people working in the evening or move to a location outside the room, There was a large safe, and the bathroom toiletries were above average. Towels, and bed were excellent, and view from the room was fine.

Overall: If we did not have non refundable deposit, I would have left to return to the first hotel I was at, or gone to the Stanley if there was space. There was nothing special in terms of being in Africa and staying at the Hilton. If you do not need to be downtown the Safari Park Hotel had many more African Cultural events including African dance, Local music, and food, included in the price (I experienced), while the Stanley, located downtown, had free WIFi and better money exchange (I heard). The Khweza, just 5-10 minutes from downtown was much cheaper, offered more interesting rooms, WiFi, and breakfast with a view of downtown. Including the 300 shilling cost it still would have been a significant better value that the Hilton.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
hiltonnairobi, Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, October 29, 2010
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi and for taking the time to write to us in such detail. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We have noted your comment in regard to a burnt bulb that was replaced and our air conditioning and kindly apologize for the inconvenience caused. Of course your comment was immediately shared with our Chief Engineer to ensure that all bulbs replaced in guest rooms are standard.

We also have noted your comment regarding internet charges and would like to advise that our internet service is provided by Docomo, a 3rd party internet service provider, making it rather difficult for us to lower it or even provide it for free. We do however have a so called Business Plus Package, where apart from an upgrade to a next level room type, unlimited internet access is included in the room rate with a small surcharge. Likewise, for our Hilton HHonors Gold and Diamond members, internet is fully complimentary.

Regarding money exchange, please note that exchanges will always be at a lower cost at any bank as we have to exchange our currencies ourselves. However we highly appreciate your feedback and it will go along way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests. Believe me, it is ratings such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

Farmington Hills, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

Nairobi traffic is gridlock at best. It took us 3 hours to travel the 12 miles from the airport to the Hilton. According to the shuttle driver this traffic is common and to be expected. Once we arrived they told us they were overbooked so our pre-paid Junior
Queen Suite was not available so would we accept a Standard Room with free dinner? What a joke. Best Advice - stay as close to the airport as possible for flight connections and to preserve your sanity.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We have noted your comment regarding heavy traffic experiences on arrival and we sincerely would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused. Since we are located in the center of Nairobi and as like any other big city, we suffer from traffic jams during peak hours. Unfortunately especially in the morning and early evening hours transportation becomes challenging.

We have also noted your comment that upon check-in that we were over booked and therefore your prepaid junior queen suite was not available. We sincerely apologize as this should never have been the case and rest assured that your experience was shared with all departments involved immediately in order to prevent a reoccurrence of such situations again.

Though your experience was not up to your expectations, I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

With kind regards

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

I stayed at Hilton Nairobi for three days in July last week. It was a nice experience with friendly staff and clean rooms and excellent breakfast. Since it is centrally located we didn't find any difficulty in getting to places. They even helped us by arranging tour operators for Masai Mara safari. Only issue I could say is that the internet is not complimentary.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
hiltonnairobi, Owner at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, October 29, 2010
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi and for taking the time to write to us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We have noted your comment that you had a nice experience, with friendly staff, clean rooms and excellent breakfast. We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience. Believe me, it is ratings such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

Heidi Kleine-Möller
Email: heidi.kleinemoeller@hilton.com
Asuncion, Paraguay
1,360 helpful votes 1,360 helpful votes
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

Run down, service not as good as one would expect from 4 stars, rooms not quite ergonomic and small. There's much better in Nairobi.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
hiltonnairobi, Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, October 8, 2010
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate your comments as we constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guest’s expectations.

We have noted your comment regarding our hotel room condition and room size, please note that a master plan is underway to fully renovate our hotel. Regarding our services we sincerely apologize we did not meet your expectation, however we appreciate your feedback and this will go along way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.

With kind regards

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

After a two week safari we were looking forward to a great place for a day room. Our room smelled musty as the air conditioner did not work. The floor under the carpet felt like it was about to disintegrate! I did tell the hotel and was informed that they are under renovation. That being the case they should have never taken our reservation. I had a miserable day waiting until we were picked up for transfer to the airport. We should have paid the full overnight rate and gone back to the Fairview where we started our trip. It is delightfulo, but didn't have a day room rate.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for choosing the Hilton Nairobi during your recent visit to Nairobi and for taking the time to write and share our feedback with us. We greatly appreciate your comments as we always strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We have noted your comment with concern on the air conditioner and hope you accept our sincere apologies for this should not be the case. I have followed up the matter with our Chief Engineer to undertake immediate corrective measures and to ensure all facilities in our guestrooms are well maintained in order to avoid this from happening again.

Regarding the floor, please note that a master plan is underway to fully renovate our hotel. However we appreciate your feedback and this will go along way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.

We look forward to having another opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future and showing you that we can do better to re-establish your faith in the hotel.

Alingsas, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

Excelent service and nice rooms in CBD Nairobi. Breakfast buffet esceeded our expectations.

Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton during your recent visit to Nairobi and for taking the time to write to us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve highest quality standards possible.

We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience and that our breakfast exceeded your expectation. Believe me, it is ratings such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future again

Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Nairobi? Share your experiences!