I was booked at the Hilton by my clients whose office was walking distance, just across the street. Being right in the centre of Nairobi was a major advantage for the Hilton.
I stayed there for nearly a week in July 2007. Though I wasnt paying, I know that the Hilton is not cheap, in fact, it is one of the more expensive hotels in Nairobi.
The room was clean although a little small and the hotel made sure that I was given a complimentary fresh fruit basket every morning. The breakfast spread was excellent and included with the room.
The swimming pool was good and not too crowded. The gym was well equipped with all exercise machines, TVs and an instructor. There was a good spa as well with masseurs although it was quite expensive.
One major drawback was no international cable TV. One was forced to watch local channels which honestly are not up to the mark.
The bar was one of those old fashioned leather couch bars ideal for business meetings although occasionally, they had live bands performing.
All in all, the Hilton Nairobi is a standard 4-star hotel right in the centre of the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the city's heart, the Hilton Nairobi hotel is next to the craft market and 25 minutes' drive from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. Enjoy global dishes at the Traveller's Restaurant, try fine Italian cuisine at Sale E Pepe Restaurant or have a pint at the Hilton Nairobi hotel's Jockey Pub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and EasyToBook so you can book your Hilton Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Hilton International Nairobi
- Nairobi Hilton International