This Hilton is past its prime. The hotel itself is tired and needs major renovations. I had a room on the third floor, facing the pool. The room was fine, except on weekend nights, when | stayed up until 3 AM due to the music from some disco nearby. The food at the restaurants was bland but very expensive. As a female solo traveller, I did not feel safe venturing out by myself at night, and had no choice but to eat dinner at the restaurant several nights. The hotel itself is located at the city center, and perhaps in any other town, that would be a positive thing. However, the city at night in Nairobi is empty and dangerous (my Kenyan colleagues recommended that I do not leave the hotel by myself). The only food available nearby was fast food places. They charged exurbant rates to use the internet and there was no wireless from the bedrooms. I can't believe at this day and age, any one can in charge $14 USD an hour for internet.
The staff was friendly, and this is the only postive thing I can say about this Hilton.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the city's heart, the Hilton Nairobi hotel is next to the craft market and 25 minutes' drive from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. Enjoy global dishes at the Traveller's Restaurant, try fine Italian cuisine at Sale E Pepe Restaurant or have a pint at the Hilton Nairobi hotel's Jockey Pub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and EasyToBook so you can book your Hilton Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Hilton International Nairobi
- Nairobi Hilton International