Ambivalent about the Nairboi Hilton. Once you are inside the hotel it is a beautiful old world place to stay with an excellent staff and enjoyable restaurant for breakfast.
It is the getting there and departure that is challenging. The Hilton Shuttle picks you up at the airport and locks you and your luggage in. Upon arrival, you must pass through a guarded gate whilst the guard searches the entire vehicle including the undercarriage for who knows what...bombs? hidden unwanted hangers on? You then pass through a metal detector to enter the hotel. Later we learned that the Hilton was once THE place to stay many years ago, but now the city center is not a very safe place to be.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Hilton Nairobi Hotel
- Hilton International Nairobi
- Nairobi Hilton International
- Nairobi Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the city's heart, the Hilton Nairobi hotel is next to the craft market and 25 minutes' drive from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. Enjoy global dishes at the Traveller's Restaurant, try fine Italian cuisine at Sale E Pepe Restaurant or have a pint at the Hilton Nairobi hotel's Jockey Pub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.