There is nothing wrong about the hotel, but it is simply overpriced. During my stay I learnt that locals already avoid booking the Hilton as it is absolutely no value for money. It is also not well located as it is right in the center of Nairobi. The area it is in is not rated safe at night (typcial comment by locals). Also there are no good restaurants close by and locals prefer nit go to the center during night.
If you are on a business trip and you do not have any appointments in the city center take something outside town.
The rooms are fully equipped, but you can see that everything is a bit outworn. Apart from that you can not complain.
The restaurant "The Travellers" offers daily changing buffet, but it is not worth a try. The breakfast offers wide range of all and is of Hilton quality. The bar is dark cave and really outdated.
The service of the Hotel is of good international standard and you have a taxi service in-house"Kentaco" that is an absolutely necessity to get around in Nairobi.
In your room you have internet access for 1.000 KSH (one hour) or 2.000 KSH (per day), that is good to African standards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the city's heart, the Hilton Nairobi hotel is next to the craft market and 25 minutes' drive from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. Enjoy global dishes at the Traveller's Restaurant, try fine Italian cuisine at Sale E Pepe Restaurant or have a pint at the Hilton Nairobi hotel's Jockey Pub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, EasyToBook and Despegar.com so you can book your Hilton Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Hilton International Nairobi
- Nairobi Hilton International