I stayed at The Hilton Nairobi for 3 nights. Because of its location traffic is bad and getting in and out of the city adds at least another 20 minutes to your journey. Naturally noise levels are high. The rooms are old and the carpets can do with a wash. I reported a torn shower curtain at reception on my first day and after 3 nights it still wasn’t replaced. As a hotel guest I found the security to be excessive, even after showing them my key card they insisted I get out of the taxi at the boom gate in the middle of the street to ‘scan’ me – an in-house guest list goes a long way – oh and I visited various other hotels in Nairobi and at none of them was I made to do this at the boom gate even though I wasn’t a guest. On my last night after returning to the hotel after dinner I was solicited by a prostitute and the security staff did not seem to think she was a threat i.e. no scanning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the city's heart, the Hilton Nairobi hotel is next to the craft market and 25 minutes' drive from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. Enjoy global dishes at the Traveller's Restaurant, try fine Italian cuisine at Sale E Pepe Restaurant or have a pint at the Hilton Nairobi hotel's Jockey Pub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, Odigeo and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Hilton Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Hilton International Nairobi
- Nairobi Hilton International