Bathroom was old and a little cramped. looked dirty with brown/yellow stains around the sink area. Tiles on wall around bathtub was very clean with no sign of mould. Toilet seat wouldnt stay up. Room was ok and clean.
Had breakfast in the travellers restaurant and the chair i sat on must have still had wet paint on the armrest and i got black paint on my white sleeves. Waiter saw me noticing my sleeves and just stood there and did nothing and even watched me get myself another chair. Eventually he managed to say "sorry" and then walked away with his pitcher of orange juice... so cant say the service was that great.
We stayed there 2 nights but a week apart. Checking out the first time they charged me around an extra 80 shillings even though room was prepaid 3 months in advance. they said it was because the exchange rate i was charged 3 months ago was different to the exhange rate at check out time and i was paying for the difference. I let it go since it was only 80 shillings. However, for the second night stay a week later, the exchange rate did not go in their favour by over 100 shillings, instead of refunding it they put that as miscellaneous charges. So either way the exchange rate always works in their favour. They didnt hilight this of course. they put the bill in the envelope without showing it to me at the desk. I saw it on the way to the car but couldnt be bothered going back since we had to get to the airport. None of the other lodges we stayed at for the 2 weeks in Kenya tried to charge extra due to exchange rate differences and certainly didnt expect hilton to be so petty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the city's heart, the Hilton Nairobi hotel is next to the craft market and 25 minutes' drive from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. Enjoy global dishes at the Traveller's Restaurant, try fine Italian cuisine at Sale E Pepe Restaurant or have a pint at the Hilton Nairobi hotel's Jockey Pub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Hilton International Nairobi
- Nairobi Hilton International