“Very Low Standards” 2 of 5 stars

30% off Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #39 of 124 Hotels in Nairobi
“Very Low Standards”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

First off, I think this is a Hilton Let-down.

I stayed here early April and I was really surprised with how poor the room quality were! What a let down.

The linen are old and brown, some even torn. Apparently they there suppose to be white. I felt so uncomfortable using the.

The bathroom is not properly cleaned.

Room Tip: Please don't compare Hilton quality with this.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Turkish first
nairobi, Kenya
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

in short: don't stay at hlton nairobi never! this was probably the worst hilton in the world. The furnitures, bathroom equipments etc were all old and very bad quality. My room was dirty and was having too much humidity.

Todmorden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Our plane was cancelled so were put up in the Hilton. The reception staff were very friendly and checked us in quickly. I was not too impressed when I walked into the reception area cos I expected glamour. It was very basic. The dinning room was just off the reception area also nothing to write home about.. The food was good but not WOW! good. The rooms were nice but I found the bathroom a disappointment there were stains on the wall where the shower is and the basin was stained. I was disappointed because I expected higher standards. I think if I had paid I would have been very annoyed its a good job the airline paid. to stay there again I would pay Premiere Inn prices.

Overall its a nice hotel

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Rooms are very basic like 3 star hotel, toilet n shower from 1970 era, poor hot water supply, toilet flush

Lobby and break fast is upto standard but not the rooms.
Never again. Not Hilton standard

Lobby and break fast is upto standard but not the rooms.
Never again. Not Hilton standard

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
martin v, General Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms.
Our Executive Team is reviewing your comments to ensure they are used to improve our guest's experience. I wish to inform you, that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, which will see a complete make-over of the Hotel, in time to come.

As we constantly work on improving our standards and service delivery to our guests, we hope to get another opportunity to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi in the not too distant future.

With kind regards,

Curitiba, PR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Located at the very heart of the city, the Hilton Nairobi is a good option if you want to have the feel of urban Nairobi. The building is quite iconic although a bit old - and it would definitely deserve a restoration inside and out! Rooms are big enough and clean and the bed is very comfortable. Service is great - as Kenyans seem to be very helpful and polite - and compensates for the overall "worn out" atmosphere. Oh, breakfast is highly recommended - there is plenty of delicious food to choose from!

As with some hotels, they still charge you for Internet in the room - under the excuse that is a third party service... Public wifi in public areas was good, though.

Room Tip: The higher the better! If possible, get a room overlooking the swimming pool.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
martin v, General Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi. We are happy that you were very satisfied with your experience and enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your special mentions of our team members hospitality, customer care and facilities.

As of the physical state of the facility, I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come.

We take great pride in offering our guests inspiring stays and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi soon.

Best regards,

Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed five nights on a business trip and wished in hindsight that I had stayed somewhere else. The basic ingredients were there in terms of hotel facilities (the pool was a wonderful 28C) and room amenities and I could not fault the front-line staff for friendliness, courtesy and helpfulness. My main areas of dissatisfaction were the high charges for in-room wi-fi access, plus the poor quality of the cooked food. The overall experience did not match my expectation of the Hilton brand, or the price paid.

Dear guest,

We thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Nairobi and I am very glad that you enjoyed our hospitality and facilities.
Regretfully we note, that our in room internet charges and food quality did not meet your expectation and I am indeed very the inconvenience experienced. Your comments have been shared with our executive team for review.

It was truly a pleasure to serve you, and as we constantly work on improving our standards and service delivery to our guests and certainly hope to get another opportunity to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

After "upgrading" to executive level (at the insistence of the receptionist) I got given a room of lower quality then the one I reserved and was charged more for it. Access to the executive lounge was ok for breakfast but they offer nothing during the day, and very limited snacks after 6 PM

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Dear Guest,
It was a pleasure for us hosting you at the Hilton Nairobi. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We regret to see that the room you were upgraded to did not meet your expectation. Please accept my sincere apologies for this. We are indeed in the planning process of a master plan renovation which will enhance the overall hotel facilities and appearance.
We further note that you were happy with our executive lounge breakfast and I wish to confirm that we do serve a variety of snacks throughout the day. I have shared your comment with our executive chef, who already has corrective measure in place to ensure replenishing is done frequently.
Our esteemed guest, we place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi very soon.

With kind regards,

MARTIN VOSKAMP I General Manager

Been to Hilton Nairobi? Share your experiences!