“Mr m” 2 of 5 stars

30% off Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #38 of 122 Hotels in Nairobi
“Mr m”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Rooms are very basic like 3 star hotel, toilet n shower from 1970 era, poor hot water supply, toilet flush

Lobby and break fast is upto standard but not the rooms.
Never again. Not Hilton standard

Lobby and break fast is upto standard but not the rooms.
Never again. Not Hilton standard

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Turkish first
Curitiba, PR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Located at the very heart of the city, the Hilton Nairobi is a good option if you want to have the feel of urban Nairobi. The building is quite iconic although a bit old - and it would definitely deserve a restoration inside and out! Rooms are big enough and clean and the bed is very comfortable. Service is great - as Kenyans seem to be very helpful and polite - and compensates for the overall "worn out" atmosphere. Oh, breakfast is highly recommended - there is plenty of delicious food to choose from!

As with some hotels, they still charge you for Internet in the room - under the excuse that is a third party service... Public wifi in public areas was good, though.

Room Tip: The higher the better! If possible, get a room overlooking the swimming pool.
Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed five nights on a business trip and wished in hindsight that I had stayed somewhere else. The basic ingredients were there in terms of hotel facilities (the pool was a wonderful 28C) and room amenities and I could not fault the front-line staff for friendliness, courtesy and helpfulness. My main areas of dissatisfaction were the high charges for in-room wi-fi access, plus the poor quality of the cooked food. The overall experience did not match my expectation of the Hilton brand, or the price paid.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

After "upgrading" to executive level (at the insistence of the receptionist) I got given a room of lower quality then the one I reserved and was charged more for it. Access to the executive lounge was ok for breakfast but they offer nothing during the day, and very limited snacks after 6 PM

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Pretoria, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My only complaint is that you are charged USD22.00 per day for internet access in your room. This charge in individually itemised on your invoice. My company has advised that in future I stay in a hotel where the internet is free.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I come to Nairobi several times a year for business and most recently stayed at the Hilton. While the "staff", e.g. cleaners, were nice, the management was atrocious.

First, upon arrival they could not find my booking because they had input the booking wrong. It was only upon showing them the confirmation that they could even find it. Strange since they should just be able to find my reservation with my name.

Second, my key card did not work initially so upon asking them to fix the card, they strangely accused me of putting my card near a magnet and chastised me for wasting their time while they were so busy with other check-ins and check-outs. Strangely bizarre since they could have just fixed the card quickly in a professional manner.

Third, my first day there I had access to the lounge as I was promised with my suite. The second day, my key card had to be reset (again!) and I lost lounge access. The on-duty management was different on this day and refused to re-instate my lounge access. The communication between the management staff was horrible.

Fourth, I was late to check out by about 30 minutes and they tried to charge me for another day! I mean, sure, I should not have been 30 minutes late, but never have I seen a hotel with a well-known name treat its guests in this way. After a brief argument, some supervisor came out and said that they had decided to "waive" the extra charges associated with my late check out. So kind of them.

In conclusion, this Hilton is really not the the standards of other Hiltons and not to the standard of other high end hotels in Nairobi. The only good thing I can say about this hotel is that the smoked salmon, mango juice and passion fruit juice at breakfast was wonderful!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Nairobi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I live in Nairobi and stayed in the Presidential Suite following an event held at the hotel. The staff was friendly, but not super efficient. I am a HHonors member and upgraded my way into the Presidential Suite, which was big, but not nice. The pool was crowded, with not much shade available and the food from the restaurant very average. The gym was packed into a basement room, but did have decent equipment. The interior of the hotel looks to have been put in the 70s and not redone since. A renovation is desperately needed.

Stayed January 2015
martin v, General Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay at the Hilton Nairobi. We appreciate your comment about our team members friendliness.

Our esteemed guest, we are sorry and regret that the physical outlook of our property did not meet your expectation, however, I am pleased to advise that we are in the planning process of a master plan renovation that will take care of the overall hotel facilities and appearance.

I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

With kind regards,

Yours sincerely

MARTIN VOSKAMP I General Manager

Been to Hilton Nairobi? Share your experiences!