“A Five Star Experience in Downtown Nairobi” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #38 of 115 Hotels in Nairobi
WV
“A Five Star Experience in Downtown Nairobi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My recent stay at the Nairobi Hilton was a 5 Star experience from check-in and the professional staff at the front desk to dining, housekeeping, and check out. The entire team is very friendly and make you feel right at home and appreciated as a guest. The complimentary upgrade to the Junior Suite was not expected but very much appreciated. Henry served me well in the Executive Lounge. The dining in the Travellers Restaurant was excellent. Service was attentive and courteous.

Housekeeping did an excellent job changing the sheets each day and providing nice amenities. I look forward to my next visit knowing that it will meet or exceed my expectations. This is one of my favorite Hilton properties around the world. You always feel safe, welcomed, and appreciated,

Room Tip: A room on the top floors provides an excellent view of downtown Nairobi.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am pleased to hear you found the overall service to your liking and appreciate your compliments about our team members hospitality. Your feedback and praise has been shared with our Executive team and Henry in particular who will be awarded through our in-house recognition program.

Our esteemed guest, we take great pride in offering our guests inspiring stays and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Turkish first
New Jersey, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

A separate charge for in-room internet is disappointing. Also, I needed a passcode to use hilton-public internet in the lobby in addition to last name and room number. It was very inconvenient to renew the passcode every 8 hour. It was simply too much hassle.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for coming back to us with a review about your recent stay at the Hilton Nairobi.
We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry you were unhappy. Our Executive Team is reviewing your comments in regards to the Internet charges, to ensure they are used to improve our guest's experience.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you as you renewed the Internet access code.

Dear guest, we hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Nairobi and prove to you that we are aiming to deliver exceptional service to all our guests.

Arlington, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I had a prior reservation at the Hilton Hotel, Nairobi which was confirmed. My flight from Addis Ababa arrived at around 5:30 am and I arrived at the hotel around 6:45 am on Dec. 20, 2014. I was told by the reception that it would take about 20 minutes to get the room ready as it was too early in the morning. That is fine. I was also given a free coffee which I welcomed very much - and of course it was needed after a late night flight. After an hour or so, I checked with the front desk and I got the same answer - another 15 minutes and this went on for over 2 hours and 15 minutes! I finally got my room at around 9:00 am! There were other passengers who arrived on the same flight and they got their rooms within a short time. When I asked how this happened, I was told that they had upgraded themselves by paying extra. I asked how much would that be? I was told that I had to pay another $ 150 or so if I needed a room immediately! So, the point is that they do have rooms and wanted to make some extra bucks - maybe their occupancy rates was low! This hotel is a hotel for airline transit passengers and you really do not get the treatment as per hotel Hilton standards. No, I would not want to stay at this place ever again!

Room Tip: If you are just overnighting or staying for the day, you get the worst rooms. So, choose another hot...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at the Hilton Nairobi for 3 nights over the Christmas period and it was a really enjoyable stay. The staff really made an effort to make our stay festive by dressing up and giving us Champagne with breakfast on Christmas morning. Our room was nice, the pool was lovely and we had dinner on both nights and it was really good quality. The reception staff were great on our last day when our tour to the Masai Mara didn't collect us and arranged a taxi with Kenatco taxi's and the driver was amazing and without her help getting us to the airport and going into all the departure areas we would have missed our trip. Great stay and great service thank you.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors have good views over the city
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us about your stay at the Hilton Nairobi. We are delighted to hear, that you enjoyed every moment of your stay throughout the season. We thank you for your gratitude to our team members hospitality and I am personally grateful that they created such great moment for you.

We are also happy to note that the Kenatco driver who dropped you at the airport was very helpful, rest assured we will share your compliments with Kenatco management.

We truly appreciate your compliments and we take great pride in offering our guests inspiring stays. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi soon.

Have a wonderful year 2015!

Best regards,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This facility is clearly dated--both in terms of design and decor. However, it is a perfectly comfortable, clean and safe place to stay if you need a room in downtown Nairobi. The bed was, more or less, en par with what you would find in any other Hilton.

The staff were very courteous and it was easy to check-in and check-out. Free wifi in the lobby was very useful.

The only really "run-down" element was the bathroom, which looked like it hadn't been remodled since the 80s. That being said, it was spotlessly clean, the toilet flushed, and the shower was warm. Unless you're really into bathroom style, it's got everything you need.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi. We are happy that you were very satisfied with your overall experience and especially for mentioning our team members hospitality and service.

We, however note your comment in regards to the physical state of the Hotel and I am pleased to advice that we are indeed in the planning process of a master plan renovation that, over time, will take care of the overall hotel facilities and appearance. We appreciate your honest feedback as we constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We hope to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Stafford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just stayed the one night prior to flight. Perfectly located in centre of city for access to bars and restaurants. Rooms and facilities clean, functional and very comfortable. Staff friendly and helpful. Didn't use the bar or restaurant so can't comment but a very nice coffee lounge. Not cheap unless you book on-line, which we did from the hotel lobby. It was perfect for what we needed and would go again for the same purpose or if here for a couple of nights.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us at the Hilton Nairobi. We are glad that the overall experience and service was to your liking and we appreciate your compliments about our customer service and good facilities. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

All the best for a good and successful New Year 2015.

With kind regards,

Yours sincerely

La Habra, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Hilton in Nairobi is straight out of the 70's but rather well maintained, so it's almost like a museum piece and you can enjoy a trip back to the Cold war era. It's Warsaw Pact nemesis would be (in my experience) the Kyyv Hotel in Bratislava in the 'Soviet Brutalist' genre. Here we have a round tower and 'Triumphant Capitalist'. Service is excellent (it was in the 70's) and period furniture, carpeting, signage etc... give the place lots of character and I would recommend to 'restore' the place instead of remodeling it. Bathroom fixtures are functional but with separate hot/cold knobs where a mixer would be more convenient to avoid scalding. Water is plenty hot, AC good but difficult to adjust and isolation from the street below is soundproof but not from the hallway (doors banging). The mattress is excellent but in the 70's of course there was no need for multiple AC outlets for your laptop, tablet, cellphones and digital cameras, so bring your multi-ports charging USB hub. Internet is expensive $20 USD daily but adequately fast, I did not test the free wifi 'in public parts of the hotel', OTOH the Hotel rate itself is reasonable if you don't buy all the proposed upgrades. Traveler's Restaurant (about $20) is ok, but you can walk down the block to Trattoria for good Italian. Security in and out of the hotel is excellent, as you have now annoying metal detectors and guards at every business place and building entrance. Definitely recommend for atmosphere and location in Central Nairobi, you won't have to give indications to your taxi and you can walk to eateries, shopping and bars

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi; It was a pleasure for us to serve you. We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience and thank you for your compliments about our service.

In regards to the dated product, I am pleased to advice that we are currently in the planning process of a master plan renovation that, over time, will take care of our hotel facilities and appearance.

We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcome you again soon.

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Nairobi? Share your experiences!