“as time goes by” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 110 Hotels in Nairobi
St.Gallen
“as time goes by”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

It is not the first time I have stayed there... the last time is 5 years ago - and nothing has changed. Service is OK - Staff just about friendly enough (exception: Checkin and checkout were very friendly!), rooms have not seen a major refreshing or renovation.

There other Hotels now in NBO - modern and friendly. Hilton still can build on its past fame - but not for long anymore. Prices are comparatively high for what you get!

Room Tip: Top floors
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Good safe hotel right in the center of downtown Nairobi. Reasonable value for money. Right across the street you have pizza and chicken places to eat, and plenty of other very good restaurants nearby, like Trattoria, one of the best Italian restaurants in east Africa.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Nairobi, Kenya
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I attended a 2-day workshop at the Hilton hotel and what a surprise! This hotel looks run down the minute you enter the lobby. I have not seen the rooms and so cannot speak to that. The conference facilities are terrible. The carpet is worn out, the space squeezed, and the projector was very outdated (the color of the presentation was skewed). The food was not too bad. I would not hold a conference/workshop at the Hilton. There are several decent conference facilities in Nairobi.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear guest,

We thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Nairobi and it was truly a pleasure to serve you.
Regretfully, the condition of our conference facilities have not been able to meet your expectation and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I am pleased to advice that we are currently in the planning process of a master plan renovation that will enhance the overall hotel facilities and appearance.

I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi again and to prove to you that we always strive to deliver exceptional service to all our guests.

Ede, Gelderland, Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Hilton Nairobi is very conveniently located in the center of Nairobi. Perfect for business trips. Some may call the hotel outdated, I prefer to call it cosy and nostalgic. Price / quality ratio is absolutely reasonable. Staff is correct. Meals are OK though somewhat expensive. I would certainly recommand the hotel for business travellers.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your compliments and feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Nairobi. We are delighted to hear, that you enjoyed every moment with us.

We are happy that you like the location of our hotel and hope to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I've stayed at the Hilton Nairobi a few times, on business and for personal travel, and always had great experiences. Notes on a few key areas:

+ Service is really above and beyond -- as an example, upon check-out, the concierge noted that I hadn't ordered breakfast, and arranged for a quick packed breakfast to be sent with my car to the airport (at no extra charge).
+ Restaurant, cafe, and bar are all solid
+ Rooms are smaller than one might expect, but the rates are also quite low (~$100/night), so it's fair

All in, a great choice for a stay in central Nairobi.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi. We are happy that you were very satisfied with your overall experience and especially for mentioning our service and facilities.

We are glad to read that you have made Hilton hotel, an accommodation of choice while in Nairobi. We take great pride in offering our guests inspiring stays and I look forward to welcoming you back with us in the not too distant future.

At your service,

Entebbe, Uganda
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

How do I start...well I reached Nairobi airport and booked Hilton hotel through an agent, after she recommended it. I told her that I have read reviews online about Hilton hotels rooms being very old etc, she quickly said Hilton refurbished their rooms(some rooms) to a modern theme. So upon hearing this, I booked it, and was driven to Hilton hotel.
On reaching, there is a nice security check before entering the lobby. At the reception, they were very cold and not very friendly. Most 5 star hotels elsewhere you would get a nice welcome some even offer juice and carry your bags....but these guys.... Noo! Customer care to me here was zero!
On check in, which took sometimes, they handed me the key card, but never showed me where the rooms were or the lift, they even never sent anyone to escort me to the rooms-as if I was paying for a cheap motel. Anyway I went up-5th floor. I entered the room-the smell of an old abandoned room with rotting wood and dirty carpet greeted me! Terrible! I was displeased right away but I kept my cool. I settled on the bed, held my head to calm down. A few moment I got up, look thru the window, my room was facing the side of river road-crowded area with dirty old buildings-this was a standard room-but I had paid for a deluxe room with the agent. I looked some more around the room, I checked the bathroom-terrible, U can see the rot! Sink is all dirty with black spots from old age. I came to the bed, settled to check the news on TV, but I couldn't locate the remote TV control. At this moment I couldn't contain myself-I decided to act and decided to call the reception on the intercom....but I didn't have the number of reception-But gladly there were quick press dedicated button on the intercom phone for that-so I pressed it----but it doesn't work. I got frustrated-I got my cellphone and called the Hilton telephone number----and asked for the remote: which never came.
At this point I was thinking some more-so I called the agent back at the airport where I booked the room and told her the state of the room I was sent into..... She asked if I was put into a deluxe room-of course no! So she told me that she will call Hilton hotel herself, to which she did call a guy at reception call William. She then called me back and asked me to goto William and be checked into a deluxe room(which are supposed to be refurbished)
I went downstairs, William just gave me the key card for the deluxe rooms, no apology etc nothing at all. I went into the deluxe room, which was on 12th floor. Room number 1205. Well it is just a big room. Slightly better but still same smell old carpet, but it overlooks the pool and the nice side of the city where Kenyatta international conference building is.
So I asked them what exactly has been refurbished-well they refurbished nothing-they only bought new mattresses!

Anyway long story short! This is not a nice place. You are only paying for the name but not value for money. I would not recommend and strongly advise against going to it. I have stayed at tribe hotel, The Boma, Eka hotel: if u have that kind of budget-I recomend those instead of Hilton hotel.

Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I deeply regret to see that we did not meet your expectation during your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Our Executive Team is reviewing your comments to ensure they are used to improve our guest's experience and I wish to inform you, that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, which will see a complete make-over of the Hotel, in time to come.

Dear guest, I regret to read about your dissatisfaction only after your departure, as our promise to our guests is to ‘make it right’ and to ensure customer satisfaction, I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back and to extend a ‘Make it right’ gesture to you.

We do appreciate your honest feedback and this will assist us in improving our standards and service delivery to our guests.

In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The service was efficient, friendlly, courteous and accommodating in all my interactions - all staff seemed proud of their job and really wanted to help out. The room was very comfortable with all amenities one would expect from an international chain. However the decor is in desperate need of renovation. There weren't any bare-threaded carpets or anything, but everything looked like it had last been done up in the early 80s. Which is a shame as the location is very central and the modernist building could easily be turned into a stunning venue. Wifi signal was excellent throughout the hotel (except the pool)

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am pleased to hear you found the overall service and hospitality of our team members to your liking. Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

We are sorry to see that the state of our facilities did not meet your expectation and I can gladly inform you that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, whereby the bulk of issues raised are to be part of this.

We appreciate your honest feedback as this will go a long way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Nairobi? Share your experiences!