“Mr” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 106 Hotels in Nairobi
Entebbe, Uganda
“Mr”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Well located hotel and cost effective hotel in Nairobi. Fitness facilities well designed and quietness appreciable. You can access other facilities as member. I spent some times comfortably. I recommend people while passing in Nairobi or other places to use Hilton hotel as first choice.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

You know a place is bad when you need a key-card to get into the toilet in the lobby ...... The check-in staff tried to up-sell a room at an extra $130 a night on top of the already $300 room charge, this came down to $90 when I said Nope .... for an Execuative Room. However on seeing the room I was to be out in I chickened out and agreed the extra $90 a night. It was stil pretty poor but was promised access to the Exec Club on the 15th floor. I was actually put on the 12th floor - not an Execuative floor (the 13th, 14th and 15th floors are the Executive floors) leaving me feeling short - changed again. In most hotels around the world the Exec Club this allows you snacks, some drinks and breakfast included ........ Not here, everything is charged . Finally lost my temper at being asked for an extra $22 a day for the Internet and they relented and gave me a 2 day access code "in consideration".

The whole impression is a hotel in desperate need of a massive refurbishment and a staff who (whilst smiling and being very charming) try and screw you out of every penny.

Had the buffet on the last night and it was pretty mundane - a French Evening serving luke-warm roast beef ......... Not sure where in the world anyone assumes that a typical French Meal consists of roast beef.

The area is very busy and not in the right area of town and there are many, many much better value and much, much better places to stay in this town.

Just appalling value and not what you expect of a Hilton. Paris must be spinning in her Beverly Hills mansion. Avoid!

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for coming back to us with your review about your stay at the Hilton Nairobi.

Referring to your comments, we regret to see that we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay with us. Our Executive Team is reviewing your comments to ensure they are used to improve our guest's experience.

In regards to the physical outlook of the property, I am pleased to share that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come. We appreciate your feedback and this will go along way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.

I do hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Nairobi in the not too distant future.

With kind regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Had a lovely time at the Hilton. Very good customer service, warm cozy rooms and a great view of the city of Nairobi. Excellent service even when the city was under a little threat. Left valuables in my room but none was taken. Loved the way staff checked up on me every evening and always had a sweet for me. Will always come back and stay when im in nairobi. Big UPS

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi. We are happy that you were very satisfied with your overall experience and especially for mentioning our team members great hospitality and service. We appreciate to see that you enjoyed every moment of your stay with us, including the view of the city.

We take great pride in offering our guests inspiring stays and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi in the not too distant future.

Best regards,

Milan, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It is an old strucure exactly in the heart of the town. This is the main pro, considering the expectations for a "hilton hotel".
The check in was extremely disappointing: i was very tired for a intercontinental trip ant the clerk tried to sell me any possible kind of upgrading for hundreds of dollars, notwistanding that i declared that i was extremely tired and willing to go in the room.
The room was small and the bathroom' roof is at 2,10 metres.
I would say that it is a very nice 3 stars hotel, expensive as a luxury 3 stars.

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I would like to thank the Hilton staff for their honesty and professionalism. During my stay I carelessly left my wallet on the bed. In it I had $2100 ; R860 and KES 4860, to my surprise not a cent was removed from my wallet. This really made me happy. Most importantly thanks to all the staff members that made us feel at home.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Nairobi, and we are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience. We sincerely thank you for your gratitude and great compliments about our team members integrity, which I have gladly shared with the team and management.

Our esteemed guest, we are happy to see you enjoyed every moment of your stay with us here at Hilton Nairobi and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards

New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Good but old infrastructure. The hotel environment and service is good, but the infrastructure is old. The bathtub water temperature regulator was not working, the plumbing work worn out. The AC was also not operating efficiently. But the room was clean, carpet good and service generally ok. Staff were friendly and up to the task. The steak could benefit from some improvment.

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure for us having you as our guest at the Hilton Nairobi. We thank you and appreciate your compliments about our good customer service and cleanliness of the facility. Regretfully we did not meet your expectation in regards to product and I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, and the bulk of the issues raised are to be part of this. I have shared your comment with our chief engineer to inspect the room and rectify the situation meanwhile.

We appreciate your feedback as this will assist us in improving our standards and service delivery to our guests, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi in the not too distant future.

Best regards

Sperry, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Having stayed at Hilton all over the world, I must say this was one of my better stays. I was to stay for 3 days, go on a 4 day safari and return for 3 more days at this hotel. When I needed to store my heavy bags for my safari, they did not hesitate to accommodate me. I was very impressed with the customer service. I was always greeted by an employee no matter their position. The food which was served buffet style was perfect for a foreign visitor. It gave the opportunity to try local cuisine, but also standard comfort foods. I was on the 14th Floor for Hilton Honors members and was not disappointed. I was pleased to find 1/2 dozen roses in a collection as well as welcoming fresh fruit. My turn down service was very good, replacing any towels and water that had been used for the day. I was most impressed that you never heard the staff in the hallways, which is a pet peeve of mine at hotels, especially in the morning.
The decor was good though could use a little updating with local art and crafts, would be my suggestion. The high security was a bit frightful at first, but being an US visitor it did give me a sense of safety.
I used points for this visit and I feel the value was there.

Room Tip: Take a high floor that gives exceptional views of Nairobi and the outlying areas.