“Not what I expected for a Hilton Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #39 of 105 Hotels in Nairobi
Los Angeles, California
“Not what I expected for a Hilton Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The staff, especially housekeeping were very friendly and accommodating. The bathroom was in pretty bad shape. Conveniently located. The hotel security appeared to be good and the personnel manning the gates appeared to be very observant.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Turkish first
Lusaka, Zambia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The bathrooms need to be renovated ( because they are old)despite the fact that other components of services are fine. Follow up on request made are import to keep the client. For more than three times, I filled the required forms and yet did not yet receive my Hilton membership card.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I am currently staying at the Hilton Nairobi,and firstly this cannot be considered 5 Star as the rooms a quite small and the Bathroom is very outdated(not what I would expect from a Hilton) .However the staff are very friendly and the Hotel is very conveniently located in the CBD..I would recommend this Hotel based on the location only ! Wifi is not free by the way !

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Nairobi Hilton in the Central Business District this past week. What I found was excellent security, a warm and incredibly helpful staff that went out of their way to exceed my expectations and good food. Yes the hotel is older but my room was lovely, with welcoming fruit and cookies and a juice and snack placed on my table every night. Granted the CBD is not a welcoming area to get out and walk around but for my meetings the Hilton was perfectly located. If you are a vacationer I am sure there are other options including some newer hotels, which might allow you to avoid the inner city traffic. I had modest expectations for this property based on the reviews and as a result was pleasantly surprised by my experience. I have to go back to Kenya next month and will stay here again based on the staff.

Room Tip: The other reviews suggest the rooms are better the higher you go, I opted to choose a pool side room...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The lobby is nice but thats where it ends - rooms are clean but in desperate need of renovations. Tried to book an airport shuttle and when it was time to leave there was no shuttle arranged - NOT GOOD in a city like Nairobi where cabs should ALWAYS be pre-arranged.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I am sincerely sorry to see that the physical state of the hotel did not meet your expectation, but I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, and the bulk of the issues raised are to be part of this. We do appreciate your feedback and this will go a long way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.

We further note that despite having arranged for a shuttle drop-off to the airport, it was not available upon checkout. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. The issue has been addressed and will certainly not happen again to you or any other hotel guest in future.

I regret the dissatisfaction and I sincerely hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Nairobi.

With kind regards,

Yours sincerely

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at Hilton Nairobi for a night on my way to Masai Mara. Staff were very helpful and responsive. The room was a good size. The restaurant was nicely decorated. Easy to get to and there were taxis right outside the hotel for transfer. Thanks!!!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear guest,

We thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Nairobi and I am very glad that you enjoyed our great hospitality and facilities.

It was truly a pleasure to serve you, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Kind regards,

Yours sincerely
New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at the Nairobi Hilton in July 2014. Good room. Great view of the city. Well serviced. Excellent security. Most impressed however with the staff. I obviously ate something that did not agree with me and got very ill. Refused a doctor that was offered. The hotel staff took care of me with hot soups etc. I was able to pay, but it was all complementary. Staff, supervisors and even the switch-board operators checked constantly to make sure I was okay. Cannot thank them enough.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure for us having you as our guest, and thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi. We are glad that you were very satisfied with your overall experience and enjoyed every moment of your stay.

However, I am indeed saddened to hear that caught a cold during your journey and I do hope you have now fully recovered. I am personally grateful to note that you enjoyed great hospitality and care from our team members. I have already shared your excellent compliments with them and management.

We truly appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Nairobi? Share your experiences!