“Not representative of the Hilton reputation” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #36 of 111 Hotels in Nairobi
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
“Not representative of the Hilton reputation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

You are warned....This is a Hilton hotel in name only, the quality of stay, service and overall standards fall far below the normal expectations of a world class group. Having said that, the friendly staff do at least try to make your stay pleasant and the location is great. However the hotel needs a refurbishment and the restaurant needs a cook. It's was a long time ago when I stayed here last (1993) and I hoped things would have changed but no....they hadn't..... except the price. Not worth the money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Unfortunately the physical state of our facility did not meet your expectation, for which I sincerely apologize; I wish to inform you, that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, which will see a complete make-over of the Hotel, in time to come; the nearly completed lift replacement and serenity bed installation is the first part of this project; following which we shall proceed to the second phase in time to come.

Nevertheless, we appreciate your compliments about our team members friendliness. I do hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Nairobi or at any of our Hilton.

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Turkish first
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

A comfortable stay and great location. The staff is always very helpful and you feel a sense of welcome, peace and security. The quality of food and overall value for money is good. It is important, however, to constantly upgrade furnishings and fixtures and introduce more products to enhance client experience.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us about your stay at the Hilton Nairobi. We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience and truly appreciate your nice compliments about the friendliness of our team members, and security.

We take great pride in offering our guests inspiring stays and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi soon.

Best regards,

brussels
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

180 usd per night
arrogant staff at reception
every day got served in my room the breakfast from other guests
extremly fat and unhegienic food vomit last night pasta carbonada
samosa openned and fat swimming around
poor airco
3 day witthout proper network but on the bill
1700 shiling internet shame to make costumer pay

an expensive city with manny 5 and 4 stars over rated

dirty harry

Room Tip: pool rooms
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for coming back to us with your review about your stay at the Hilton Nairobi.

Referring to your comments, we regret to see the dissatisfaction with our customer service at the reception and food offerings; Please accept my sincere apologies that we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay with us. I have shared you comment with the front office manager and executive chef i/c of food and beverage to review and put corrective measures in place.

We further note your comment that internet and air conditioner did not work effectively, I am indeed very sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. It is unfortunate that we are reading about your dissatisfaction only after your departure, as we wish to have an opportunity to ‘make it right‘ for you during your stay. However, we do appreciate your constructive feedback as this will assist us in improving our standards and service delivery.

Dear guest, to ensure we serve you better kindly contact me directly with your full reservation details so that I can investigate and revert to you in due course.

I do hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Nairobi or at any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide.

Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

This is the second Hilton International property I have been disappointed with in the last 12 months.
First, I want to clarify that the staff in this property were exceptional. Really very friendly, attentive and courteous. All of them were awesome.
That being said, the property is extremely dated and run down. Like from the 70's dated. It is undergoing a renovation at the moment, the elevators and the pool were undergoing deconstruction.
We stayed twice, on our way to and from Masai Mara. The first time we were in a tower room, these round towers are never conducive to a decent room no matter where they are. The room was punitively small, even by European standards. The bathroom fixtures had all the porcelain glazing scrubbed off over the years and as a result were stained and pitted. The vanity was undersized and the entire thing felt very shabby.
The second stay we were offered and jumped at a pool side room since we knew what the tower rooms were like. The pool side rooms while substantially larger, were even more run down and shabby. The floor was not really flooring but peel and stick cupboard liner that looked like wood. It was only one night so we toughed it out.
The pool area was the bright spot. On the first night we found it and lounged lazily in a garden type setting away from the hustle and bustle of the city. It was glorious. But by the time we returned it was torn up and closed for renovations.
The restaurant serves what we found to be the typical buffet for Kenya, fairly decent but very overpriced. For dinner we found the Jockey pub bar to have a better offering.
Like I said, the staff was awesome, the property needs a lot of help. I hope the renovations address the shortcomings.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi; It was a pleasure having you as our guest. We appreciate your good compliments about our team members hospitality and service.

We however regret to read that the state of our hotel facilities did not meet your expectation, please accept my sincere apology for this. Based on your comments I wish to reiterate that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, which will see a complete make-over of the Hotel, in time to come; the nearly completed lift replacement and serenity bed installation are the first part of this project.

As of our food prices, although they may be high, these are at par with all other five star hotels within the city. Only at independent, small local restaurants and hotels, are the prices indeed a lot less, but at comparable, safe international restaurants and hotels one pays a similar amount as you were charged at our hotel.

Our esteemed guest, I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi again, to prove to you that we always strive to satisfy all our guests staying with us.

Sincerely

dubai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I stayed in a pool level room for an overnight as a stop over on my way to Masai Mara. On arrival I really rechecked the spelling to make sure that it's a real Hilton. Rooms are old and run down. No touch of the Hilton that's known to us. Except for the fact that it is centrally located, there is nothing special about the hotel. If you are looking for a stop over accommodation, it will just serve the purpose.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Referring to your comment, I regret to read about your dissatisfaction and I sincerely hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Nairobi, and re-establish your faith in our hotel. I do appreciate your honest feedback and this will assist us in improving our standards and service delivery to our guests.

In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Utsunomiya, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We had no air conditioning for much of the time and regular power failures and the hotel generator is not powerful to run anything other than the lifts and the lights but it gets really hot fast. I think that for Kenya this is as good as it gets but that is what you should expect in the third world. Nothing was above average but at least it was safe. That is important to consider

Room Tip: Don't go to Nairobi if you are looking for a good hotel room. Get serious it is Africa
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. As our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet your expectations.

Unfortunately, we regret to note that during your stay with us, our property experienced power cuts due to a city wide shortage. Please accept my sincere apology for the discomfort and inconvenience caused to you. As our promise is to ‘make it right’ to all our guests and to ensure customer satisfaction, kindly call me directly as this will to give us an opportunity to rectify the situation.

We appreciate your honest feedback and I do hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi in the not too distant future.

MUMBAI, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Run down rooms, terrible housekeeping who leave used spoons in the room, rusted bathroom fittings in bathroom, temperature control is terrible, cramped and inconvenient rooms. Except for location nothing is good. Staff is nice, they try their best but can't help as they can't change anything to make you feel better.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us and greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests as we constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Regretfully the physical state of our facility and fixtures did not meet your expectation, as you indicated in your trip advisor review. My sincerest apologies for this, and I am pleased to advice that we are indeed in the planning process of a master plan renovation that will enhance the overall hotel facilities and appearance; the nearly completed lift replacement is the first part of this project.

Meanwhile, I have shared your comment with our executive housekeeper to address the issue of cleanliness and clearance with her team to ensure proper housekeeping.

Nevertheless, we appreciate your nice compliments about our team members hospitality and service.

Thank you for your constructive feedback as this will go a long way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests. I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi again.

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Nairobi? Share your experiences!