“A good hotel, but in a need of or renovation” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Sale - Save 33%
Ranked #39 of 103 Hotels in Nairobi
Helsinkin
“A good hotel, but in a need of or renovation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Rooms were spacious but a bit rundown. Hotel needs renovation. Breakfast was great as in almost all Hiltons. We also had dinners at hotels restaurant and the pastas they served were excellent. Being a HHonors gold member we had access to the hotels lounge as well .

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Amos M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your nice review about your stay at the Hilton Nairobi.

We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience and truly appreciate your nice compliments about our breakfast and dinner offerings.

As of the condition of our rooms, sorry for we have not been able to meet your expectation. However, we are in the planning process of a master plan renovation that will enhance the overall hotel facilities and appearance. the nearly completed lift replacement is the first part of this project.

Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all our efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,

AMOS MWORIA I Front Desk Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Turkish first
Nanyuki
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Stayed at the Hilton in early May 2014 during a meeting in Nairobi. Welcome at the desk during the early morning was excellent. I asked for a room to change for the meeting, and this was quickly arranged. Later on got a room with a good view of the city. Mr Amos Mworia was an exceptional Host. Keep it up.

Room Tip: Ask for refurbished rooms
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Amos M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Nairobi.

I am personally happy and humbled to read that you enjoyed our warm hospitality and facilities. We are glad that you were very satisfied with our teams’ prompt response to your requests; we take great pride in offering our guests inspiring stays.

Thank you for the wonderful review, it was truly a pleasure to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi soon.

Kind regards,

Nairobi, Kenya
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

That was my second stay at Hilton , It was a nightmare stay from all perspectives. one of the reasons that I asked for quick departure from Nairobi, was just to avoid one more night sleep in Hilton. I was really suffering from the horrible food quality served on breakfast and dinner. Besides the high charges comparing to the very law level of quality.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Referring to your comment, I regret to read about your dissatisfaction with the quality of food as compared to the charges, I am sincerely sorry for we have not been able to meet your expectation. I have shared your comment with our executive chef i/c of food and beverage for review.

However, I do hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi, and re-establish your faith in our hotel. I do appreciate your critical yet honest feedback and this will assist us in improving our standards and service delivery to our guests.

In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Decent enough Hotel. There are signs of ageing across the hotel - rusted faucets, dusty covers etc. Some areas, like the Lifts, are getting renovated. The Staff is wonderful and very polite. The saving grace was the excellent sleep quality. Internet speed is decent, although if you dont have it included as part of your room, you will have to shell out USD 22 more. A better option would be to pay and upgrade to the Executive Lounge. You can strike a deal with the manager, pay for the upgrade, and get internet free as part of the upgrade.

Always try to get rooms on the higher floors. These are the executive floors and have better rooms. Try to work your charms on the front office staff and get a room overlooking the Pool :). It is worth every penny paid, specially during summer.

Room Tip: Always pick the rooms on the higher floors. They give you access to the lounge, as well as free drin...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your nice feedback regarding your stay at Hilton Nairobi.

We are delighted to read, that you were satisfied with your overall experience and thank you for the fine compliments you make about the hospitality of our team and service.

With regards of the physical state of the facility, sorry for we have not been able to meet your expectation; however, we are in the planning process of a master plan renovation that will enhance the overall hotel facilities and appearance. Meanwhile I have shared your comment about dusty covers with our asst. housekeeper to ensure frequent dusting is done, as this is due to the ongoing lift construction.

We do take great pride in offering our guests inspiring services, and we looking forward to welcoming you back soon again.

tel aviv, Israel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Horrible service, sink with no hot water, construction on the living floor up to 7 pm, old and uncomfortable room, room service that takes 55 minutes for a pizza, total disgrace!!! stay away for your own well being

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Amos M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us about your stay at the Hilton Nairobi.
Unfortunately we have not been able to fully meet your expectation. We do appreciate your critical yet constructive feedback and this will assist us in improving our standards and service delivery to our guests.

I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi again, to prove to you that we always strive to satisfy all our guests staying with us and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

With kind regards.

Tel Aviv, Israel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I stayed 5 nights in Hilton Nairobi.
I never had such a bad stay in such 150$/nt hotel.
No hot water at the sink, construction at same floor up to 7pm, poor room service, shameless and disrespect stuff

Room Tip: For your own good, avoid this hotel!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

With kind regards.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

In the Heart of Nairobi with easy access to any location around, it is situated undoubtedly at the best location. Had prebooked the Standard Rooms through a Agent in India, being Hilton did not think of the need of looking it up on TripAdvisor and boy, was I disappointed. The standard rooms have no standard and are one of the worst I hv seen in any 5 star property.

After a lot of discussions and arguments with the Management me and my friend were upgraded to the Executive Rooms on the higher floors, which were bigger in size and better than the Standard Rooms but no way close to an international 5 star category.

Excellent staff, quick Service and a beautiful pool were the only plus points of this Hotel.

It's time Hilton got their act together and make this look like one of their clan.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We have noted your comment with regards of the physical state of our facility, and I am sorry for we have not been able to meet your expectation; However, I am pleased to advice that we are indeed in the planning process of a master plan renovation that will enhance the overall hotel facilities and appearance; the nearly completed lift replacement is the first part of this project.

I am also delighted to inform you that currently we are replacing the existing beds with serenity beds, which I believe will very much improve the comfort and experience during your future stays.

Thank you for the fine compliments you make about the hospitality of our team and service. We are also happy to see that you enjoyed our pool.

It was truly a pleasure to serve you, and I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi.

AMOS MWORIA I Front Desk Manager

Been to Hilton Nairobi? Share your experiences!