“The greatest assets at the Hilton Nairobi are the staff.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Sale - Save 30%
Ranked #44 of 129 Hotels in Nairobi
Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand
“The greatest assets at the Hilton Nairobi are the staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Nairobi Hilton is an old Hotel and I read many people complaining about the noise and state of the furnishings, I do understand that Hotels must upgrade at times and it is just unfortunate that this may inconvenience some guests; I think they just need to be more understanding!!! The greatest assets you have at the Hilton Nairobi are your staff, I have stayed at many other brand hotels around the world but I must say that I have never experienced the friendliness and commitment to service of the Hilton Nairobi staff, please thank the manager and staff from me for a most enjoyable experience, I will be staying at this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Amos M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us about your stay at the Hilton Nairobi.

We are very glad that you were satisfied with your overall experience. We thank you for the excellent compliment about our team members hospitality. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all our efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile. I have gladly shared your comment with the team and management as requested.

We however note that you experienced some discomforting noise coming from the elevator construction. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused, and we do sincerely appreciate that you understand the situation; we are certain that when this project is complete the above inconvenience will soon be over.

I look forward to personally welcome you back to Hilton Nairobi soon.

Kind Regards,

AMOS MWORIA I Front Desk Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

The hotel was well situated with what you`d expect from Hilton in terms of room quality. The room was clean with TV, tea, coffee and a kettle. The view on the back side was of the pool which was nice. Be careful of petty crime in the surrouding area and don`t wear jewelry if you`re walking around. There are great restaurants nearby and everything you need. Overall, a good stay as usual at Hilton.

Room Tip: City view at teh front or pool view at the back. The pool view was nice and added to a sense of priv...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us about your stay at the Hilton Nairobi. We are delighted to hear, that you enjoyed your stay and facilities.

With regards to the petty crime in the surrounding areas, we do advice our guest to be cautious while walking around the city and strictly use taxes whenever visiting downtown Nairobi.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Kind regards,

Yours sincerely

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

I have never been impressed with hilton properties. And this one is no exception. Mediocre service. Rooms are large. Security was a little loose by allowing an ample supply of prostitutes to work the lobby. I didn't have any meals at the hotel so I can't comment on the food service.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Amos M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

We are indeed very sorry to note that our facility did not impress and our service did not meet your expectation.
We also regret to read your comment that we allow prostitutes at our lobby, we concur with you that they exist and we do try to limit the same as much as possible in the outlets, but being in hospitality industry where we are meant to serve all our guests with dignity and uphold their privacy across the board, we cannot be very quick to judge. However, when they behave in such a manner that causes disturbance to other guests, action is taken promptly, and at times we have them escorted off the premises by our security team.
However, we do appreciate your feedback and this will go a long way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.

With kind regards

Mombasa, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I liked the experience of staying at the hilton hotel Nairobi, it was beautiful however the sauna was not hot, ucaliptas was not available for both sauna and the steam birth. The Birth rooms are tiny and the hotel can do better if they can do some renovation for the birth rooms, the towels are very old

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay with us at the Hilton Nairobi.

We have noted your comment with regards to sauna not being hot and eucalyptus missing in both sauna and steam bath, I am sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused. However, I wish to explain that the Sauna temperature and eucalyptus essence is adjusted/provided based on individual needs, my sincere apologies if this was not explained to you by the health club personnel. I have shared your feedback with our health club manager to take corrective action.

As of the size of the bathrooms and physical outlook of our facility, we regret to read that we have not been able to meet your expectation, but I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come.

We truly hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi.

With kind regards,

Yours sincerely

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Awful awful awful. Honestly, worse than any motel in Thailand, Paris and London. Nightmare to stay 2 nights there. Obviously the best hotel in town as Obama came and stayed. I paid fortune ($240 per night in off peak season while average is like $60-70). I found the bed sheet was so thin and moulded. Air conditioner didn't work properly. Such a small room (like youth hostel in London in college years). The carpet smells such weird and awkward. Toilet. Such a small toilet. Water temperature changed every single minute. So sometimes I felt mysterious whether I got burnt or not. Water smelled quite muddy as well. Breakfast.... Was okay but that's not what I'd like to pay. I expected something local but was rather filled with sausages and omelet. Overall, I must say this is a great standard in local terms and I cannot really complain about the quality, but NOT WORTH PAYING $240 per night. One great feature is security. Always safe. Oh don't trust concierge much. Concierge is linked to the specific tour guide companies ripping off the guests. I paid for $1,200 for 10 days long tour, but the two guests who arranged the trip with concierge ended up paying $1,800 for same routine. Also, please take US dollar all journey long. Prepare plenty of 1 dollar bills to spare with kids.

Room Tip: Go to motel and pay less. Be ready to pay in cash. Talk to many others and keep negotiating for anyt...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Amos M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your critical and constructive feedback with us.

Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always take pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

We have noted with concern all the areas mentioned; the air condition, condition of room, toilet size, water, breakfast and our concierge. Unfortunately we have not been able to meet your expectation; my sincere apologies for this should not be the case. I have discussed with the respective department heads to take corrective measures. We are pleased to advise that we are indeed in the planning process of a master plan renovation that will enhance the overall hotel facilities and appearance; the nearly completed lift replacement is the first part of this project.

We appreciate your good comments regarding our security which made you feel safe.

We sincerely hope you will give us another chance to make it right, and to prove to you that we always strive to satisfy all our guests.

Front Desk Manager
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Do not expect this hotel to conform to international standards by the letter. Otherwise, disappointment looms. However, after a few concessions to local and post-colonial views, this is a good hotel for business or short holidays. A nice swimming pool, a few nice restaurants and bars, what else is needed, after all. On the side of staff, people did the job and delivered.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience, and thank you for the fine compliments you make about our swimming pool, restaurants, bars and team members service.

We appreciate your feedback, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Front Desk Manger
Abuja, Nigeria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

The best part of the hotel is the staff . They are all very polite and make you feel at home. The theme decorations in the restaurants are quite interesting, especially the TRAVELLERS ! And the fact that it is centrally located in the city, travellers can go sight seeing without any problem. I truly had a Wonderful stay at the Hilton Nairobi.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Amos M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience, and thank you for the fine compliments you make about our team members , restaurants and location .

We appreciate your wonderful feedback, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Front Desk Manager