“Pleasantly Suprised” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 96 hotels in Nairobi
San Diego, California
“Pleasantly Suprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool and fitness center are pretty good (they have Zumba and yoga classes too) and the breakfast is very good. Rooms are a little small and the elevators weren't fully functional (currently being upgraded). There is also a Mosai Market once or twice a week that has some interesting stuff. Overall, I would definitely recommend this property.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

It was truly a pleasure to serve you and we thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We are delighted to hear, that you enjoyed your stay and the services provided by our staff. We are also glad that you had a wonderful experience at our health club. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.
With regards of elevator upgrade, accept our apologies for any inconvenience experienced, but we are certain that when this project is complete such inconveniences will be over.
We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon again to the Hilton Nairobi.

With best regards,

588 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here as a musician for the st. Patricks ball on 22nd of March 2014 (total stay was 21st-23rd).

I had a pleasant stay although I was out most days. Check-in was easy and the staff could not be more helpful and polite, even the security guards! The food was great, breakfast and dinner was lovely and well laid out. The rooms were great too, I have seen a few reviews giving the rooms a low mark, I could not disagree more, every morning when I got up for breakfast I came back to a tidy room and always has fresh bottled water put out for me, things like this make me smile. The swimming pool and cocktail bar were the highlight I have to say, being an Irish man I don't get to relax in gorgeous sunshine beside a pool with a nice cool 'Tusker' beer in my hand very often, so this was pure bliss for me :) also another pleasant surprise was the gym, I wasn't expecting much but it was quite good for those who lift weights. The only thing I didn't like was the price of the wifi, nearly every hotel I've ever stayed in supplies FREE wifi for all guests, not just "gold member" guests, but this doesn't surprise me being a Hilton hotel.

All in all, I had a GREAT staying here and an amazing time in Nairobi so my overall experience is reflected in this review and that's why I'm more than happy to give an "excellent" rating.

I look forward to my visit next year when we will be rocking the place again for st. Patricks 2015!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your nice feedback regarding your stay at Hilton Nairobi. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed every moment of your stay with us, especially for mentioning our great customer service and facilities. We take great pride in offering our guests inspiring stays.

With regards of internet charges, I am indeed very sorry for we have not been able to meet your expectation. As this service is provided by a third party, it makes it difficult for us to provide it for free in the hotel rooms; However, as we understand the increased demand for internet accessibility, we are currently offering it for free in all public areas.

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful.

Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Had to make a last minute stopover and found the hilton to be overpriced, well below standard and the front desk extremely unhelpful. Internet was not available in rooms free and it was of poor quality in foyer. Not an enjoyable stay and I would not recommend it to anyone

• Stayed March 2014
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always take pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

Unfortunately we have not been able to meet your expectation; my sincere apologies for this should not be the case. I regret to read of the very poor customer service you experienced at our front desk. This is of great concern to us, and I have shared your comment with our front office team. Rest assured that we will do our best to provide better customer service in future.

As of the internet quality, we are indeed very sorry for the bad experience. I have notified our information systems manager and he is looking into this matter

I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to make it right, and to prove to you that we always strive to satisfy all our guests.

Wisbech, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

A very secure hotel which is important in these difficult times for Kenya. Very friendly and helpful staff. Overall the experience was good however the hotel rooms are getting a little tired and could do with updating. Internet access is only available free in the lobby and NOT in the guest rooms, for this service there is a 25$ a day charge which is a bit steep and really should be free like 95% of other hotels around the world.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your stay at the Hilton Nairobi. We are very glad that you were satisfied with your overall experience and as well felt secure in our facility. We sincerely appreciate your compliments about our team members hospitality. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

As of the physical state of the rooms and room internet, we appreciate your feedback and this will go along way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.

We look forward to welcome you back again soon!

Best regards,

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

A great all-round business hotel. Well located and great, friendly service. Although a bit old as hotels go, the Hilton in Nairobi has a lot of 'old world charm' and the level of service is really great.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience, and thank you for the fine compliments you make about our service and friendliness of our team members.

We appreciate your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Naples, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Situated in the city centre of Nairobi town is a good place for business meetings but the money you spend to sleep don't worth. The structure is very old, the rooms are small and the toilettes have this Russian - communist style...the flush is still a bar to push and the bathtub...better don't think about it...and the A/c doesn't even have a remote.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for coming back to us with your honest feedback about your stay in our facility.

I am indeed very sorry to read that our facility did not meet your expectation, but I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come. We appreciate your feedback as this will assist us in improving our standards and service delivery to our guests.

I regret the dissatisfaction and I sincerely do hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Nairobi.

Sincerely

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Had to find last minute accommodation in Nairobi and was told Hilton only available hotel. We were charged $350 for a Queen size room which was old and in need of renovation . Wi fi an extra $22 front desk staff most unhelpful very disappointing .

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure for us having you as our guest, and thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi. I regret to note that the room allocated to you did not meet your expectation and I can only imagine the disappointment.

We also note that the service delivered by our front desk team was not satisfactory, which is of great concern to us. I have shared your comment with our front office manager to investigate and put corrective measures in place.

Our esteemed guest, I regret to read about your dissatisfaction only after your departure and hope to get the chance of meeting you in person when you return back to Nairobi. As our promise to our guests is to ‘make it right’ and to ensure customer satisfaction, I sincerely do hope that you will give us another opportunity to extend a ‘Make it right’ gesture to you.

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Nairobi? Share your experiences!