I had a pleasant 5 nights stay here but, compared to other "top class" hotels in Nairobi and other Hiltons, this is way below standard. It may have been a nice hotel at one time, but now it is faded round the edges. The rooms, while providing basic comfort, are in need of refurbishment, and the bathrooms resemble something from a 1950s American motel with noisy plumbing, temperamental hot water and no ventilation.
I am amazed that in 2014 a hotel with a largely business clientele is still charging for WiFi access in the rooms (22 USD per 24 hours). Free WiFi is available in the public areas but is limited to 8 hours per day and involves having to request a password every time you want to log on. It also means that the place is littered with business people trying to work on small tables in the café, or by the pool with people coming and going and music playing constantly in the background.
The breakfast buffet is plentiful and caters to most tastes and appetites, but I found the experience rather stressful due to the number of staff. There is no obvious system in terms of who serves which tables, leading to a free-for-all. 5 staff members tried to serve me orange juice, which I didn't want, within as many minutes, and several attempts were made to clear away my plate while I was still eating. As for other meals, the evening poolside buffet was good value, and the food served in the restaurant/ pub is of a decent standard.
Conclusion: perfectly adequate, but I'll be staying somewhere else next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Kenya from the Hilton Nairobi hotel, situated in the city's central business district, one block away from the Kenyatta International Convention Centre and only 25 minutes from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. The hotel enjoys proximity to several major banking institutions, universities and government offices, including the Parliament and the High Court of Kenya ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Hilton International Nairobi
- Nairobi Hilton International