“did the job” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 102 Hotels in Nairobi
aberystwyth
“did the job”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

No frills ; and food was a bit expensive but overall the service was excellent. The swimming pool and sauna and steam room a real bonus for residents. Felt safe and valued at a difficult time for Nairobi.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice feedback. It was a pleasure for us having you as our guest at the Hilton Nairobi. We are delighted to hear, that you enjoyed your stay and the services . We are also glad you felt safe and valued.

We always strive to satisfy all our guests with professional service, and believe me, your comment makes all efforts, at the Hilton the Nairobi, truly worthwhile.
We are looking forward to welcome you again soon.

Kind regards

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Turkish first
Washington, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Old hotel in a very convenient location though. Very pricey for the service. Rooms and lobby need urgent renovations. It doesn’t smell fresh when you arrive. Security at the lobby is a joke. It cannot be compared with other Hiltons at all

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure for us having you as our guest at the Hilton Nairobi.

I regret to see that the physical outlook of our facility did not meet your expectation. I am pleased to advise that we are in the planning process of a master plan renovation that, over time, will take care of the overall hotel facilities and appearance.

As of security, please rest assured that your feedback has been taken very seriously and shared with our chief security officer and his team immediately as we constantly review our procedures and always try to improve even further on our service levels. Thank you for your honest and constructive feedback.

We truly hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi or any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Guadalajara, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

It was a good experience in a well located hotel with good facilities. Staff was very kind always and committed to satisfy my requests. For the price, they should provide free internet access in guest rooms and not only in the lobby. Variety of food at restaurant facilities was good. Security was very tight for obvious reasons and other services such as concierge, taxis, etc., were provided efficiently.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear guest,

We thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Nairobi. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate you mentioning our great customer service, facilities, security and efficiency.
We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Kind regards,

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The hotel is not in a good part of the city, however it is in walking distance to government departments if you are doing business with them. The hotel can do with a refurbishment, especially the bathrooms and the bar fridge did not work properly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us and greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests as we constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We have read your comment with regards of the need to refurbish our facility and I regret that the physical outlook did not meet your expectation. I am therefore pleased to advise that we are in the planning process of a master plan renovation that, over time, will take care of the overall hotel facilities and appearance.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

This was probably a place to stay one upon a time - no longer I am afraid. As above plus, the public areas are not the worst I have seen but the rooms are awful. Tired soft furnishings, grey towels, shabby paintwork - looks original 60's! I would def not stay here again - what a let down for Hilton hotels!!! Not at all up to standard!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for coming back to us with your review about your stay at the Hilton Nairobi. Unfortunately, the physical state of our facility did not meet your expectation, my sincere apologies for this. However, I wish to inform you, that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, and the bulk of the issues raised are to be part of this.

We do appreciate your critical and constructive feedback and this will assist us in improving our standards and service delivery.

I do hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Nairobi or at any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide and re-establish your faith in our hotel.

Gurgaon, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Its an old property but decently maintained. It happens to be in city center and surronded by a buzzing office and commercial area. The hotel has nice lounge and restaurants which gives you good food options. Don't forget to try Indian food if you're longing for it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words with regards to your recent stay with us at the Hilton Nairobi. We are very glad that you were satisfied with your overall experience, and as well you liked the location.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Lusaka
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

We had meeting there for two days and were accommodated there. I was really excited that I would stay at the Hilton and its right in the middle of town. The entrance looked old but in a grand way, the welcome superb. The group room rates were very affordable. It is definitely far from the 5 star experience, obviously it has lost its grandeur with time.WIFI was good, the staff were helpful and friendly and breakfast was my main highlight there.
I didn't like the rooms too much as the furnishing seemed old and needed an update, the rooms smelled damp and moldy and had to change my room three times!!! When I finally settled in, I noticed the drain in the bathroom was not great- it didn't not drain quickly when showering. If it wasn't for work I would have checked out to moved to another hotel.

Room Tip: Inspect the rooms before settling in. Make sure the drains work well in the bathroom and the plumbin...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for coming back to us with your review about your stay at the Hilton Nairobi. We are pleased to hear that you appreciated our team members hospitality and breakfast. Unfortunately, the physical state of our facility did not meet your expectation; please accept our sincere apology for this, and be informed that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, and the bulk of the issues raised are to be part of this.

As of the room smell, I am sorry for the discomfort experienced. I have discussed this with the executive housekeeper to address with her team and to ensure corrective measures are put in place.

We do appreciate your feedback, and hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Nairobi or at any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide.

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Nairobi? Share your experiences!