“Average Plus for being in the middle of Nairobi” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Sale - From $123
Ranked #39 of 96 hotels in Nairobi
Portland, Oregon
“Average Plus for being in the middle of Nairobi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Was concerned from some of the comments on Hilton. Spent 10 business days there.
Yes it is dated but was accompanying in all respects. Yes furnishings are '80's ish
but still very good. We enjoyed both the front staff and the counter. Very kind and
respectful of the customer. Breakfasts were great in the hotel. Wide variety of
choices. Although I tend to eat a morning omelette with a waffle. The staff does attend
to your needs and wishes. Yes the two lifts were working. The wait was not as long as
some noted. Some times there was only one but the wait was just minutes. The pub there
was also good, I like and enjoyed the Turk Beer. Service in the Pub also on spot.
A rating of 33 of 88 is a bit off, from experience I would give it a bit better rating. And the security there was great for being a white American going out to shop and dine. They ensured
we were always safe in the evening.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
martin v, General Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your great review.

It was a pleasure for us having you as our guest and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hilton Nairobi. Thank you very much for your fine compliments on our team members, various hotel services and security. I have had the pleasure to share your fine compliments with our team.

Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

We are looking forward to welcome you again.

595 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Hilton Hotel is my preferred hotel for the last 10 years that I have visited and/or transited through Nairobi. The hotel is well positioned, close to all essential services and easy access to tourist attractions in Nairobi, making it a natural choice for both business and pleasure. The rooms are well appointed, giving you stunning views of the City. The service quality is exceptional with well trained staff. The business centre and executive lounge are well equipped and meet the standards of any Hilton hotel anywhere.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice feedback regarding your stay at the Hilton Nairobi. We are delighted to hear, that you enjoy every moment that you spend with us here, our facilities and the services provided by our team.

We are happy that you like the location and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Mwanza, Tanzania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Hilton strives to make you feel at home, and in a sense this is why you pay their rates, but it is not a consistent feature if you arrive late at night/leave very. Notorious lack of supervision, which translate in lower standards compared to our experience of the past 5 years. Hopefully a temporary issue.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

martin v, General Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi again and we do thank you for your loyalty. Thank you for taking the time to write to us as we greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We have noted your comment that during your recent stay with us that despite having a pre-arranged airport transfer, you were kept waiting for the hotel shuttle. You also mentioned that the experience of the late check in and checkout did not match the standards that we have provided to you before; notably was the laxity of our front desk team leading to the inconsistency of service, this is of great concern to us. Please accept my sincere apologies for this disappointing experience and inconvenience caused to you. I have personally addressed the issue with my Night Manager and we have put corrective measures in place to ensure this does happen again in future.

Our esteemed guest, we appreciate you honest feedback, and although we have not been able to meet your expectation. I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi again, to prove to you that we always strive to satisfy all our guests staying with us and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide.

Yours sincerely,

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

pros:
-right in the business district / close to almost everything
-well kept reception and breakfast area
-good breakfast with lots to choose from and attentive staff (we did get food poisoning one day, but the verdict is still out on if it was something from the breakfast or something we happened to pick up outside...)
-very good quality tours (we did the safari and rift valley viewpoint) with great driver James!

cons:
-the rooms are quite in need of repair.
-currently the construction of a third elevator underway. the banging started bright and early.
-internet only available for free in public areas. available in rooms for 22 dollars per 24 hour.
-slow reception staff
-overpriced gift shop
-overpriced tours - we paid approximately 70% more than if we had booked it through regular channels.
-the taxi staff also consistently asked everything to be settled in cash instead of billing it to the room which made everything a bit shady.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It has been a pleasure hosting you at the Hilton Nairobi.

We are pleased to hear that you appreciated our location and enjoyed the variety of choice in our breakfast buffet. We are happy to note that you had quality and a quality tour with our tour guide/drive James; I have had the pleasure to share your comment with him.

With regards of the physical state of our rooms , we are in the planning process of a master plan renovation that will enhance the overall hotel facilities and appearance. I am sorry for the banging noise experienced due to the ongoing construction of elevators, and rest assured this inconvenience will be over soon.
We also note that the service of our team members and prices of our services did not meet your expectation, please accept my apologies, and we appreciate your feedback and this will go along way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests. I do hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Nairobi or at any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide and re-establish your faith in our hotel.

Yours sincerely,

Gothenburg, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Great staff and clean rooms. The poolbar could be open later in the evening since it is a nice area to sit in.

The hotel is situated in the middle of the city which means it takes time to go anywhere due to heavy trafic.

ery expencive breakfast.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
martin v, General Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for coming back to us with your review about your stay at the Hilton Nairobi. We are pleased to read that you appreciate our team members hospitality and cleanliness of our rooms. Regarding the pool bar closing time, I wish to advice that we only close when the last guest leaves the restaurant . We are sorry if you found it closed.

As of breakfast price, although this may be high, it is at par with all other five star hotels within the city, only at independent, small local restaurants are the prices indeed a lot less, but at comparable, safe international properties one pays a similar amount as you were charged at our hotel.

With regards of traffic, as we cannot entirely avoid traffic within the City, we always advice our guest to plan their schedules early enough in order to meet their deadline.

I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi again, and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Manassas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

The Nairobi Hilton was a great hotel with genuine concern for our safety and service. All hotel staff provided professional and considerate service in taking care of all of our needs. All personnel went above-and-beyond to make our stay comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience and we sincerely appreciate your compliments, for it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Thank you.

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have stayed in Hilton Family hotels all over the world. I can easily say the staff at this hotel were the friendliest and most helpful staff I can recall from any of my stays at other hotels. Subsequent to making my reservation, I received an e-mail inquiring if I needed assistance with an airport transfer. Upon arrival, I was warmly greeted. No issues or delays with checking in for my stay. All questions were answered with a smile. I had an issue with the internet that required a manager to open the business center after hours for me so I could send a critical e-mail with attachments. This was readily done. The room itself was clean and comfortable. Very good location for downtown Nairobi and I had no issues/concerns with safety. The food in the restaurant was good, with a nice selection. I requested and received a late check-out due to my late evening flight. No issues. Check out was likewise easy and friendly. Would definitely recommend this hotel and highly commend the staff.

Room Tip: High floor to avoid any street noise.