“Nice but expensive” 4 of 5 stars

Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #38 of 106 Hotels in Nairobi
“Nice but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

staff there are very very helpful and really nice. rooms were good. the place is safe, but its not that safe to distance from the hotel after 10 pm. bargain with the taxi drivers before going anywhere! over all good experience but still expensive!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for making Hilton Nairobi an accommodation of your choice when visiting Nairobi. We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and the services provided by our team members and sincerely appreciate your compliments.
We regret to read about the inconvenient experience when using a taxi in town.

Our esteemed guest, we place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Turkish first
gardnerville, nv
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

This property is a peaceful oasis. Before taxis are allowed to approach the property they are searched for bombs. After spending 8000 miles on the road in Africa's bush, I had forgotten what a good property looks and feels like. The staff was very professional and friendly. the included breakfast buffet was very adequate. Upon check in I was told my credit card was rejected, but, I was cheerfully told that I could pay with cash for my incidentals upon check out (I used points for my stay of two nights). I called the USA and became aware the autopay had gone awry.
I checked in early and was able to stay for a late checkout before taking off to the airport. The room was comfortable with good bedding and very clean. The elevator is no longer an issue (see older review2s by others).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice review. It was a pleasure for us having you as our guest at the Hilton Nairobi. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and the services.

I am also glad that our front desk team promptly advised you and offered an alternative when your card did not authorize.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

On behalf of the Hilton Nairobi team, may I take this opportunity to wish you and your family happy season’s greetings and a prosperous 2014.

Yours sincerely,

Nairobi, Kenya
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

There were several problems with this hotel, beginning with the fact that when I checked in for a 5 night stay that had been paid in full weeks before, I was told that my credit card had not gone through and that I was only booked for one night. I then paid for what I was told was the full amount, but found my keycard deactivated a day early due to a second booking mistake, where they had me checking out a day early. I was also informed upon check-in that breakfast would cost $32/day - I know Nairobi is expensive, but that's just exorbitant. To make matters worse, there was construction happening in the elevators, which meant that on the days when I did not have meetings beginning at 9am, there were constant jackhammers going on in the elevator well right by my door. Finally, if you are going to spend $180/night on a room, you would expect some level of comfort in the bed or that the fixtures in the bathroom are attached properly, but here, that was apparently too high of an expectation.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for coming back to us with your review about your stay at the Hilton Nairobi. Unfortunately we have not been able to meet your expectation in a number of attributes, for which I am sincerely sorry and regret the inconvenience caused to you. Our front office manager has written to you through your private mail in details about your comment. In the meantime we have already taken corrective measures to avoid such incidents from re-occurring to any of our guests in the future.

Please accept our apology for this should not be the case. Looking forward to welcoming you again in one of our Hotels.

On behalf of the Hilton Nairobi team, may I take this opportunity to wish you and your family happy Season’s Greetings and a prosperous 2014.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Excellente Staff, helpfull and a great quality on the service. Thanks so much for everybody care about me, I feel as I were at home, of course I hVE ALREADY INDICATE and I'll continue indicating this hotel to everybody, all the staff are friendly, and it makes a great difference. Hugs.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

It has been a pleasure hosting you at the Hilton Nairobi and thank you for sharing your great feedback with us.

We are grateful to hear that you were very satisfied with your overall experience and we are happy that you felt at home away from home. Our team takes great pride in offering our guests inspiring stays, and I have had the pleasure to share your kind words with them.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future again.

Albany, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Worst experience ever had. Was here last year and it was bad. This time, Check in took 3 hours from 1-4pm, finally got my room - small and damp with mold in the bath. Complaining to the manager did not help at all as they did not seem to care. Said that they could not move me as that was the room I had paid for. Even after telling them I was checking out he did not care - what's more insisted on charging me 50% as I had entered the room even though I had not used it. I ended up staying at a hotel across with better service, rooms and cheaper. This hotel needs a management change

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

We regret to note that you had a delayed check-in and the room allocated to you did not meet your expectation. We also note the manager on duty did not respond to your requirement as you would have expected, please accept my sincerest apologies for this disappointing experience. Rest assured this will not happen again to you or any other hotel guest in future.

I am indeed sorry to read your dissatisfaction only after your departure and sincerely hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Nairobi and re-establish your faith in our hotel.

Kisumu, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I am a frequent guest at the Hilton Hotel Nairobi, Kenya. I appreciate the Hilton a lot. Even during my previous employment, I used to book my guests at the Hilton. I like the services and value for money. Above all, I enjoy the extremely friendly attitude of all Hilton Nairobi Staff. Kudos!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for making Hilton Nairobi an accommodation of your choice when visiting Nairobi. We are delighted to hear that, over a time you have enjoyed your stays and the services provided by our team members, we sincerely appreciate your compliments.

Our esteemed guest, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

Port of Spain, Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

We visited in September 2013, while we organised a trip to the Masai Mara
The hotel is a bit old, and needs updating: the rooms are small, and the bathrooms need upgrading. The staff, however, make up for any shortcomings. They. are very friendly and very helpful. The location is a plus: central, lively and very good for walking. We thought the the hotel could do a lot more about beautifying its surroundings.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for coming back to us with your review about your stay in our facility Hilton Nairobi. We are pleased to hear that you very satisfied with the service provided by our team members and appreciated our location.

Regarding the physical outlook of our facility, I sincerely apologize for we have not been able to meet your expectation. However, we are indeed in the planning process of a master plan renovation that, over time, will take care of the overall hotel facilities and appearance.

We hope to welcome you back again soon here at the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Nairobi? Share your experiences!