“Hilton Hotel Nairobi” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 100 hotels in Nairobi
Lusaka, Zambia
“Hilton Hotel Nairobi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

This is an excellent hotel, with a British -traditional ambience. You will not be disappointed, its clean, friendly and is really a Hilton....have a room by poolside, they are way better than most rooms upstairs- and you have the view for the pool. The restraurant if fine, continental dinining and the food is relatively ok. Its in the middle of the city - so you have no transport hussles, and its also not noise - so you can still enjoy your peace and quiet. the staff is very friendly and will go out of their way to assist.extremely secure- security is on every floor and will greet you with a smile always

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us here at the Hilton Nairobi and for your good feedback regarding our facility. We are very glad that you felt comfortable and enjoyed our services. We also appreciate the kind words to our team members.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

On behalf of the Hilton Nairobi team, may I take this opportunity to wish you and your family happy Season’s Greetings and a prosperous 2014.

605 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Turkish first
Eskisehir, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Name of the hotel is Hilton but in reality its not a Hilton or maybe Hilton of 80s. Rooms and bathroom is very small and old. Only new thing is Lcd tv :)

Location of hotel is also not so good and safe:(

Only positive point is people working in hotel as they are very polite and helpful.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback about your stay at the Hilton Nairobi. We regret to note your dissatisfaction with our facilities and based on your comments I wish to inform you, that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, and the bulk of the issues raised are to be part of this.

Nevertheless, we appreciate your good comment about our team members hospitality and I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi again in the not too distant future.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Only real complaint is traffic in the Central Business district. Hotel well located, nice pool, and very nice Executive Lounge. Replacement of elevators resulted in slow access to floor, and noise between 9am and 5pm.....

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for coming back to us with your feedback about your stay at the Hilton Nairobi. We are pleased to read that you appreciated our facilities and liked the location.

We regret to note that you experienced slow elevator service and noise due to the ongoing elevator upgrade. Please do accept my sincere apologies for the discomforting experience, and I am pleased to confirm that the works on the first guest lift have been completed and it is now fully operational. We trust this will in a very big way enhance and generally improve our elevator service.

Unfortunately we cannot entirely avoid traffic in the Central business district, however we are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

With kind regards.

Yours sincerely,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

This was a nice and very friendly stay at a somewhat old and tired Hilton hotel, where staff is very friendly and welcoming, but the hotel could do with an upgrade. Everything is there in principle which gives Hilton a good reputation, but it is all a bit worn-down. I stayed at the Executive Floor and had access to the Executive Lounge, which again had very friendly staff and excellent snacks and drinks. The good news is that even an average Hilton hotel has a minimum level of comfort and support.
What especially pleased me was that the reception desk was able to help me with the transport in Nairobi, which is a challenge in any case.
I do hope the general infusion of investment funding in Hilton will go through and that hotels like this will be able to upgrade in the coming years.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure for us hosting you at the Hilton Nairobi and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are happy to see that you were satisfied with your overall experience and support from our team members.
Referring to your sentiments on facility upgrade, I am pleased to advice that we are in the planning process of a master plan renovation that, over time, will take care of the overall hotel appearance.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We booked in for a 1 night stay and planned to stay for the next day to chill out by the pool - we booked a day room.
When we arrived they had no record of us booking a day room.
Once in our room it was dirty - bathroom was disgusting.
They are undergoing refurbishment and the lifts were not working.
We stayed the night as we arrived very late but left first thing the next morning to go to another hotel for day.
It was filthy.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your honest feedback about your recent stay with us.
We are sincerely sorry that our housekeeping did not meet your expectation. I have shared your comment with our executive housekeeper to ensure corrective measures are promptly put in place.
As of the lifts not working, kindly accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you and, I am pleased to confirm that the works on the first guest lift have been completed and it is now fully operational. We trust this will in a very big way enhance and generally improve our elevator service.

Dear guest, It has been of great concern to us that your reservation details were missing in our systems and I am very sorry for this rare report.
As our promise to our guests is to make it right and ensure maximum comfort and satisfaction, I regret to read about your dissatisfaction only after your departure and hope to get the chance of meeting you in person when you return back to Nairobi.

I sincerely do hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Nairobi.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

This looks like an old, tired hotel, badly in need of refurbishment: peeling paint in corners, tired wall decoration and somewhat primitive (by modern hotel standards) bathroom facilities. The cylindrical structure leads to a cramped bathroom. Aside from that it is quiet, comfortable and clean, with an excellent breakfast buffet. But definitely not worth >£220 per night.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Unfortunately the physical state of our facility did not meet your expectation, for which I sincerely apologize; and I am pleased to advise you, that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, which will see a complete make-over of the Hotel, in time to come.

Nevertheless, we are very glad that you felt comfortable and we do hope to welcome you back again to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Chose to stay at the Hilton Nairobi thinking it was one last luxury before I returned to Kisumu for 6 months... and chose it based on the name alone and was hugely disappointed. The Front Desk was inefficiently run, at one point 3 people were helping the same person while other patrons waited to be served. BUT - the thing to watch out for is your bill at the hotel restaurants - the prices do not match the printed OR online menu. Seems strange Hilton would update its computer prices before the other materials. When this was brought to their attention, they still expected us to pay the inflated rates, and then after dispute only amended the bill for one of the meals. Very disappointed in comfort and service. I stayed at a different hotel a week earlier that was 1/3 of the cost and much better overall. Until the alleged renovation, choose another hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for coming back to us with your honest feedback about your stay in our facility.
We are sorry and regret to read that our customer care at the front desk did not meet your expectation. We have instantly addressed the issue with our front desk team and rest assured this will improve our service delivery to our guests.

As of the billing error, please accept my apology for the inconvenience caused and kindly furnish me with your reservation details to enable us investigate the error and revert with all relevant information to you directly.

I do hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Nairobi or any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide.

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Nairobi? Share your experiences!