“Watch your restaurant bill!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #36 of 111 Hotels in Nairobi
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Watch your restaurant bill!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Chose to stay at the Hilton Nairobi thinking it was one last luxury before I returned to Kisumu for 6 months... and chose it based on the name alone and was hugely disappointed. The Front Desk was inefficiently run, at one point 3 people were helping the same person while other patrons waited to be served. BUT - the thing to watch out for is your bill at the hotel restaurants - the prices do not match the printed OR online menu. Seems strange Hilton would update its computer prices before the other materials. When this was brought to their attention, they still expected us to pay the inflated rates, and then after dispute only amended the bill for one of the meals. Very disappointed in comfort and service. I stayed at a different hotel a week earlier that was 1/3 of the cost and much better overall. Until the alleged renovation, choose another hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for coming back to us with your honest feedback about your stay in our facility.
We are sorry and regret to read that our customer care at the front desk did not meet your expectation. We have instantly addressed the issue with our front desk team and rest assured this will improve our service delivery to our guests.

As of the billing error, please accept my apology for the inconvenience caused and kindly furnish me with your reservation details to enable us investigate the error and revert with all relevant information to you directly.

I do hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Nairobi or any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide.

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Turkish first
Cape Town, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

A grand old dame of a hotel: old fashioned and quirky, but beautiful on the inside and beautifully run - sparkling clean, with a gorgeous heated swimming pool, great food and the friendliest staff around - I spent 5 working days at the hotel and it soon felt like home from home. Some of the staff remembered me from 3 years previously, making me feel very welcomed and "part of the family"

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hilton Nairobi. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

We are glad that you enjoyed and appreciated your stay with us, especially our great service and facilities. Our team takes great pride in offering our guests inspiring stays.

Thank you for taking your time to write to us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi, your home away from home.

ELDORET, Kenya
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Hilton is a very old hotel situated in the City Centre of Nairobi and still maintains the old facilities. Should strive to modernise the facilities. Should have humble parking space. The building is very old and needs renovation. There is only one old lift facility which is likely to breakdown and cause inconvinience to clients. The staff are quite friendly and welcoming. Security of the Hotel is quite okay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and have always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

We have noted your comment with regards to the outlook of our facility and parking, and I am sincerely sorry and regret that we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay with us. However, I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come.

We also note your dissatisfaction with our elevator service, and I wish to confirm that a lift upgrade and replacement program is currently underway, and we are confident that with all the 3 lifts in place by mid 2014 and the inconveniences experienced will be over.

Dear Guest, we appreciate your wonderful comment about our team members’ hospitality and security.

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi and for taking the time to write to us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

BARINGO, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I wish to just say am very happy having have slept at Hilton Hotel and wish my donors will book us/me at the same Hotel, theb veune was good, Enviroment, Secuirty and every thing was good for us who were brought there by UNWOMEN God bless Hilton and its all staff for a good job well done

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet their expectations.

We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience and sincerely appreciate your compliments, which I have had the pleasure to share with the team. It is such wonderful comments that make all efforts, at the Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi again and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future

With kind regards.

Yours sincerely,

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

At a time when security risk was high ,it was a blessing to stay somewhere we felt comfortable and safe. Excellent beds, rooms and security. Always the same with the Hilton.. Nothing comes included (internet so expensive) and food pretty average.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards

We have especially noted that you enjoyed the breakfast as well as the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff. We have shared your appreciation with the team. We always emphasis on offering a hassle free experience to our guests and one way we do this is by continuously training the team on customer care. We are pleased that you were able to enjoy their great hospitality. We are also pleased to note that you were satisfied with the management of the conference facilities.

As of the physical state of the facility, I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Nairobi in the near future.

New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

And this one's is terrible. Right in the heart of city centre by the bus depot, the location of this Hilton is a dealbreaker. Traffic in Nairobi is bad enough but you can be waiting 30 minutes just to make the last 10km ride back to the hotel. This also makes some rooms noisy if you are on the wrong side. The hotel needs some updating, especially the standard Queen/King-sized bed rooms as they do not look like they are 4-star, three at the most. Rooms on the pool floor can also get noisy as there is a restaurant/bar there that is open late at night. Had to stay there for a work conference but would not choose to go there again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

I sincerely apologize that we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay with us, as you indicated in your comment referring to the overall outlook of our facility. I am pleased to advise that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, and the bulk of the issues raised are to be part of this.
We further note that you did note like the location of our property due to inconvenience in traffic, we appreciate your honest feedback and this will go along way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.

Dear guest, I do hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Nairobi or at any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide.

In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Very conveniently located hotel in Nairobi centre, with excellent breakfast and helpful and friendly staff. Depite being older building it is being refurbished as needed. Conference facilities are well managed. I would recommend this hotel without any qualms

Dear Guest,

It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us and greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests as we constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience, and we sincerely appreciate your compliments about our team members, service and location.

Our esteemed guest, we place great value on your custom and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Nairobi? Share your experiences!