“Things went missing from my room” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Sale - Save 33%
Ranked #42 of 100 hotels in Nairobi
Johannesburg
“Things went missing from my room”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

The hotel service is good,
When i checked out of the hotel i by accident left 2 x small bags in my room ,
I phoned the hotel and they confirmed that they collected both items and gave me a detailed description. However when i send someone for the collection the one bag disappeared.
I heard for the last week they will investigate with no result

i will therefore in future move my companies business elsewhere

Room Tip: Lock up all your valuables and make sure you collect everything on checkout
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi and for taking the time to write to us.

Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guests expectations.

We have noted your comment with regards of the 2 small bags you forgot in the room upon checkout. In reference to earlier telephone communication, I fully understand your wish to have this resolved soonest. Please allow us to prepare all relevant details and we will revert through your personal email address.

Our esteemed guest, we regret to see that we have not been able to meet your expectation and I do hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi.

604 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Turkish first
Valencia, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

A shame to the Hilton family! one elevator in 4 working, exposed electrical wires in the steam room, forgotten pick up at the airport. Rude bar staff (asked us to move during a business meeting, even when I told them we were finishing up, they made us all move anyway!) Noisy air-conditioner in room, food trays from room service left in corridor (5 outside my room for the entire day) front desk staff that would not call the manager as they feared getting in trouble. Old hotel that should have been refurbished 10 yrs ago. A real shame to the Hilton family.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.
Unfortunately we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay, as you indicated your comments; my sincerest apologies for this. However, as of the physical state of the facility, I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come.

With regards of only one elevator working, we regret to note that you experienced a delay with our elevator service. Currently we are undertaking a lift upgrade and replacement program, and indeed we are experiencing some rare delays and malfunctioning of the working lifts during high traffic times. Please do accept my sincere apologies for this, but we are confident that with all lifts in place the above mentioned inconveniences will be over shortly.

We further note your comments with regards of the team members attitude and maintenance issues. I have reviewed the comment with all the heads of departments and rest assured corrective measures have been put in place. Nevertheless, we appreciate your critical and honest feedback and this will go a long way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.

I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi again, to prove to you that we always strive to satisfy all our guests staying with us and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future

________________________________________
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I spent 10 days in Kenya in October 2013 and this hotel was by far the worst in which we stayed. That's not to say it is terrible but that everywhere else was excellent. We attempted to check in at about 3pm and had to wait 45 mins for a non-smoking room to become available (even though checkin was from 12pm). We were given a voucher for a coffee in the lobby while we waited. As previous reviews have stated, they are undertaking the installation of a new lift at present which means the wait can be longer than usual. The rooms are small and slightly tired looking although the beds are extremely comfortable. However, upon trying to leave the hotel we couldn't call a lift to our floor (the call button was not working). We tried to find the stairs but these just lead to an alarmed door. Eventually we managed to find the service lift which took us to the maintenance area and managed to find our way to the lobby. Upon inquiring at reception as to how to get down, we were told that we should call reception and order a lift. Hopefully that will help any other travel stranded on their floor.

Staff are excellent, friendly and very welcoming although this is pretty standard in Kenya where everyone is this way. Food in the restaurant is good but a little on the pricey side and the wifi is hugely overpriced for what it is. Location in Nairobi is great. Don't be put off by reviews, the hotel is okay although considerable work is going to have to be undertaken to modernise.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience and we appreciate your compliments to our team members outstanding hospitality.

Regarding the physical state of our facility, I am pleased to advise that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come. Please do accept my sincere apologies for the delays in our lift operation, but we are confident that with our newly upgraded elevator in place the above mentioned inconveniences will be over shortly.

Our esteemed guest, Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet their expectations.

Coventry, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

The hotel is central in the business district but its a bit tired and worn out in terms of its look and facilities. The staff are VERY good and friendly and helpful but the hotel needs a refurbishment ( Not just new lifts which are being done now and mean that we had just one out of three lifts working!!).

The breakfast buffet is OK and so is the WiFi connection and beds were comfortable but it has that feel of a neglected 1980s old hotel in need of some major work.

Dear Guest,

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful.

We have noted your comment with regards of the physical outlook of our property and I am indeed very sorry that we have not been able to meet your expectation. I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come
Nevertheless, we are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience and we appreciate the fine compliments you make about our team members hospitality. It is comments such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi again and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Although it has been a while since I stayed here I remember the stay in this hotel as pleasant, safe, clean rooms with good service. Breakfast/dinner ok. The location is central and close to the airport. What disappointed was that the room and bathroom were outdated, maybe modern in the 80s ;) but there are more Hilton's like that around. Not sure if it is needed but there were heavy security checks when entering - guess it is a good thing, makes the hotel feel safe.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

We regret to read that you were disappointed with the physical state of our facility, I am sincerely very sorry for we have not been able to meet your expectation. However, I am pleased to advice that we are in the planning process of a master plan renovation that, over time, will take care of the overall hotel facilities and appearance.

Nevertheless, we are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience.

Dear guest, we thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi again and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Wasshington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Friendly and hospitable staff doing as much in a difficult environment. The amount of up front investing in moving the hotel to the next generation of hotels in enoumous but rerquired if hilton Nairobi is to maintain its place as a premier hotel..

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the fine compliment you make about our team members’ hospitality.

However, I am pleased to advice that we in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, which will take care of the overall hotel facilities and appearance.

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi again and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is definitely a "HINO" (a Hilton in Name Only). Besides the fact that there was major work taking place on the elevators, the bathroom was substandard, internet wi-fi was spotty, and there was very little recognition for Hilton elite status when giving out rooms and upgrades ... that said, the service is excellent and the food service is just outstanding.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.
Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests’ and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guests expectations.

Unfortunately, we have not been able to show this to you during your recent stay, as you indicated in the comment; my sincerest apologies for this, but I do appreciate your feedback and this will assist us in improving our standards and service delivery to our guests. As for the physical state of the hotel, we are indeed in the planning process of a master plan renovation that, over time, will take care of the overall hotel facilities and appearance.

Our esteemed guest, we regret read that the internet service was spotty and you were given little recognition despite the HHonors status, I am indeed very sorry for we have not been able to meet your expectation. We value your loyalty and as our promise to our guests is ensure guest comfort and satisfaction, I hope to get the chance of meeting you in person when you return back to Nairobi and ‘make it right.’

Nevertheless, we are happy to read that you enjoyed our food and service. I have shared your wonderful comments with the entire hotel team.

With kind regards.

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Nairobi? Share your experiences!