“Hotel Stay review” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 92 hotels in Nairobi
Wasshington, United States
“Hotel Stay review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Friendly and hospitable staff doing as much in a difficult environment. The amount of up front investing in moving the hotel to the next generation of hotels in enoumous but rerquired if hilton Nairobi is to maintain its place as a premier hotel..

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the fine compliment you make about our team members’ hospitality.

However, I am pleased to advice that we in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, which will take care of the overall hotel facilities and appearance.

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi again and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

534 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Turkish first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is definitely a "HINO" (a Hilton in Name Only). Besides the fact that there was major work taking place on the elevators, the bathroom was substandard, internet wi-fi was spotty, and there was very little recognition for Hilton elite status when giving out rooms and upgrades ... that said, the service is excellent and the food service is just outstanding.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.
Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests’ and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guests expectations.

Unfortunately, we have not been able to show this to you during your recent stay, as you indicated in the comment; my sincerest apologies for this, but I do appreciate your feedback and this will assist us in improving our standards and service delivery to our guests. As for the physical state of the hotel, we are indeed in the planning process of a master plan renovation that, over time, will take care of the overall hotel facilities and appearance.

Our esteemed guest, we regret read that the internet service was spotty and you were given little recognition despite the HHonors status, I am indeed very sorry for we have not been able to meet your expectation. We value your loyalty and as our promise to our guests is ensure guest comfort and satisfaction, I hope to get the chance of meeting you in person when you return back to Nairobi and ‘make it right.’

Nevertheless, we are happy to read that you enjoyed our food and service. I have shared your wonderful comments with the entire hotel team.

With kind regards.

Nairobi, Kenya
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I was very dissappointed in this hotel. While the service (people) was great, the check in was brutally slow and the rooms were antiquated. They only had one working elevator!! The heating and air did not work well. Electricity went off twice. Internet was $75 for 5 days and did not work much of the time. The beds were hard. For a $300 room in Africa that is unacceptable

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,
We thank you for taking the time to share your value feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I regret to see that we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay with us. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the discomforting experience. As of the physical state of our facility, I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, and the bulk of the issues raised are to be part of this. I do appreciate your critical and constructive feedback and this will assist us in improving our standards and service delivery

Our esteemed guest, I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi again, to prove to you that we always strive to satisfy all our guests staying with us and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Guildford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed here for four nights and hardly left the hotel due to security concerns. My room was on the 4th floor overlooking the front of the hotel and was comfortable and clean though the tap in the wash basin did not work. The food in the restaurant was excellent and all the staff were extremely helpful and appeared genuinely helpful and considerate. Yes it's a bit shabby in parts but overall I would be happy to return and recommend it for its service, food and comfort
I used the spa for the gym which was poorly laid out and lacked a range of equipment and space.
Great heated pool outside.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

With pleasure we read your compliments and truly appreciate the good comments you make about our team members hospitality and the facilities. We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience, for it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at the Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

However, as of the physical appearance, spa lay out and size, I am pleased to advice, that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, and the bulk of the issues raised are to be part of this.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi again and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Asuncion, Paraguay
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Overall our experience at the Nairobi Hilton was very good, the staff were helpful and very pleasant, everything was clean and the food was very good. Its true that the hotel could do with some refurbishment and indeed the lifts were being improved. It seemed a little pricey for what you get in terms of facilities. The internet connection was terrible we couldn't get our phones to work at all and was a general complaint by many of our large group. However the experience was spoilt by our minibar being broken into on our last but one day. We didn't open / break the seal on the minibar but someone did and a bottle of wine was stolen. The desk tried to charge us but backed off when my husband explained that we hadn't opened the bar at all! However the way in which this was all dealt with was disappointing. One member of staff said 'When this happens we ask guests to sign that they didn't use the minibar', whereas another more senior member of staff said 'This is the first time this has ever happened.' We weren't sure who to believe. To know that someone had been snooping round in our room and took something isn't a pleasant experience. We didn't feel that we ever received a proper apology from the hotel management. An official sorry for this lapse in security would have been appreciated. Being told 'We choose to believe guests in such incidents wasn't in our opinion a proper aplology.' That night the toilet went wrong and we were moved rooms to a better room. Thank goodness we put all our valuables in the small safe!

Room Tip: The first room we were given had a very firm matress the second room had a much more comfortable mat...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi and for taking the time to write to us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We have noted your comment with regards of the unfortunate incident that took place in your room, during your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize and regret for this rare incident. Our chief security officer has taken all necessary steps and corrective measures are in place.

We are sad to read that you experienced difficulties in connecting to our network, and even moved rooms which I am indeed very sorry for. However, as our promise to our guests’ is to ensure customer satisfaction, I would wish to meet you in person when you plan to stay with us again. Kindly contact me directly as to give us the opportunity to rectify the situation for you during your next visit at the Hilton Nairobi.

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi or at any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide.

Sincerely

Ongar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The hotel certainly needs renovating. Lamps do not work, the safe had to be fixed, the booking in procedure took forever etc. etc. etc. The food in the restaurant is below par especially at the prices they charge.

The location was fine but ould I stay there again - NO WAY

The good things were the staff, except reception, who made the stay well worth while. Special mention of Eunice and the omelette lady, both working in the Restaurant..

Room Tip: By the pool on Floor P
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.
We are sincerely sorry and regret that we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay with us. However, as of the physical status of the facility, I am pleased to inform you that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, which will take care of the overall hotel facilities and appearance.
With regards of booking procedures and food prices, I have shared your comment with our front office manager and the executive chef for review. We do appreciate your honest feedback and this will assist us in improving our standards and service delivery to our guests.
Nevertheless, we appreciate the fine compliments you make about our restaurant team, I had the pleasure to share this compliments with the. Believe me it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.
Dear guest, we do hope to get another opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and to prove to you that we always strive to satisfy all our guests.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Seems like the hotel hasn't been renovated since over 20 years
Rooms are not over a 2 star rating
Seedy location near main bus stop
Overpriced considering terrible rooms and location
Staff was very good though
Don't stay here choose the new Kempinski instead for the same price

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful and thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Unfortunately we have not been able to show this to you during your recent stay, as you indicated in your comment, my sincerest apologies for this. We do appreciate your critical but constructive feedback and this will assist us in improving our standards and service delivery to our guests.

As for the physical state of the hotel, I regret to note your dissatisfaction. Based on your comments I wish to inform you, that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, which will see a complete make-over of the Hotel, in time to come.

We appreciate the compliments you make about our team members attitude and sincerely hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi again, to prove to you that we always strive to satisfy all our guests staying with us and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide.

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Nairobi? Share your experiences!