“Old but clean and friendly” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Sale - Save 33%
Ranked #42 of 100 hotels in Nairobi
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
“Old but clean and friendly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The Hilton Hotel is in need of a bit of an update but on the upside the staff were great and no morning went by without a cheery greeting. Very central and close to some good restaurants or you could just stay in and enjoy a pizza at the hotel.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
martin v, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful and thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

I am personally grateful that our team members ensured to make you feel at home away from home. It has been my pleasure to share your comments with them and the management.

As of the physical state of the hotel, I am pleased to advice that currently we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, which will see a complete make-over of the Hotel, in time to come.

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

605 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Turkish first
Harare, Zimbabwe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My Hilton Nairobi stay was apl easant experience. The staff were friendly from the Concierge to the Bell service. There is a commercial bank, health and fitness facilities within the hotel premises. The hotel is located in a secure environment, with security provided fro in the hotel. It is within walking distance to banks, shopping arcade (part of complex) Uhuru Park and short drive to Nairobi game park. The restaurants serve excellent variety of food choices. The management have really taken their time to maintain the brand. If I am in Nairobi I will definitely stay there again. I would recommend anyone wishing to enjoy and to do business to stay at the Nairobi Hilton

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. It is indeed a great pleasure to serving you and we appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience. We are happy to read that you liked the hotel facilities and location. Believe me it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi again and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Johannesburg, South Africa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This Hotel is old and falling apart, the rooms are tiny and old fashioned furniture that is broken, half the lights didnt work and they have the cheek to charge for internet on top of VERY expensive rate for an average to poor hotel

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

martin v, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Guest

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

Unfortunately we have not been able to show this to you during your recent stay, my sincerest apologies for this, but I do appreciate your feedback and this will assist us in improving our standards and service delivery to our guests. As for the physical state of the hotel, we are indeed in the planning process of a master plan renovation that, over time, will take care of the overall hotel facilities and appearance.

Although we have not been able to meet your expectation fully during your recent stay, I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi again, to prove to you that we always strive to satisfy all our guests staying with us and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Nirobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

In general the service is good. Food has a variety. Location is very downtown, accessible to almost anywhere. Although the hotel looks old, the cleanliness is well maintained. Lots of people pass and walk all the time but it's safe in the hotel. I would recommend people to stay if you enjoy living in the city.

Dear Guest,

It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We have always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience and appreciate the fine compliments you make about our restaurant teams’ friendliness. We are happy to read that you liked our variety of food, cleanliness within the facility and location. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Affordable, good, confortable bed. A bit old especially the lifts are nor reliable. The breakfast is good. I really enjoy it. The internet conexion is fast and the staff at the reception are very friendly. The location is very good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Cooool

Dear Guest,

It has been a pleasure hosting you at the Hilton Nairobi. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guest's expectations.

We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience. We are happy to read that you enjoyed our in-room facilities and breakfast . We also thank you for the fine compliments you about our front desk team members hospitality.

It is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Port Louis, Mauritius
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

The hotel was certainly below my expectations. The building, though an important landmark in Nairobi, is old and in need of extensive refurbishing. Indeed the elevators were being attended to during my stay but the inconvenience was astounding! It was like waiting for a Matatu by the roadside just to get an elevator. The rooms are clean and reasonably furnished. The food is good, especially the breakfast. Internet is good but they charge for it separately which I found a big surprise in this day and age where it's now widely availed to guests as complimentary.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
martin v, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi, we greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We have noted your comment with regards to the condition of our property, I am indeed very sorry for we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay, but I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come.

I am sincerely sorry and regret that you experienced delays with our elevator service. I wish to explain that currently, we are undertaking lift upgrade and replacement program, and indeed we are experiencing some rare delays and malfunctioning of the working lifts during heavy traffic times, which we regret to see you have experienced. Please do accept my sincere apologies for this, but we are confident that with all 3 lifts in place the above mentioned inconveniences will be over shortly.

Nevertheless, we are happy to read that you enjoyed our food and the internet speed. However, as we understand the increased demand for internet accessibility, Hilton worldwide is currently reviewing all options for a customer friendly solution to support ease and cost friendly access in public area spaces.

Monrovia, Liberia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I have never had worse experience in a hotel! Staff is extremely impolite, to say the least. They were not capable of giving you the information about the exact price of the rooms, but it seemed that you have to bargain, just the same as in the street market.
Room was spacious, but the furniture was old. Internet was being charged 20 (!) dollars a day, and it was so poor that the only spot where I had the connection was right in front of the entrance door!!! When called for help in regards to internet, the technician arrived 2 hours later (during which I had to call the reception a couple of times, and was mostly put on hold or rudely told that they are working on it) and said that he can not do much. Awful experience, bad service, totally overrated! If you are not forced to - do not stay in this hotel... Had nothing to do with the Hilton name. Shame!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
martin v, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and have always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

You have my sincerest apologies for we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay with us. However, with regards to the attitude and job knowledge of our team members, is of great concern to us. I have shared this information with our front office manager to put corrective measures in place and ensure retraining of front office and service team on customer care.

As of the internet service, I regret to read that you had a problem with connectivity and it took too long to be rectified. Again I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. However, understanding your great difficulties with our connection and our promise to our guest is ‘to make it right’ I wish to offer you a free upgrade to the Executive Floor during your next stay with us at the Hilton Nairobi. Kindly contact me directly to prepare the arrangement accordingly.

We hope to get another opportunity to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Nairobi? Share your experiences!