“Cooool” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 106 Hotels in Nairobi
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
“Cooool”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Affordable, good, confortable bed. A bit old especially the lifts are nor reliable. The breakfast is good. I really enjoy it. The internet conexion is fast and the staff at the reception are very friendly. The location is very good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Cooool

Dear Guest,

It has been a pleasure hosting you at the Hilton Nairobi. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guest's expectations.

We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience. We are happy to read that you enjoyed our in-room facilities and breakfast . We also thank you for the fine compliments you about our front desk team members hospitality.

It is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Turkish first
Port Louis, Mauritius
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

The hotel was certainly below my expectations. The building, though an important landmark in Nairobi, is old and in need of extensive refurbishing. Indeed the elevators were being attended to during my stay but the inconvenience was astounding! It was like waiting for a Matatu by the roadside just to get an elevator. The rooms are clean and reasonably furnished. The food is good, especially the breakfast. Internet is good but they charge for it separately which I found a big surprise in this day and age where it's now widely availed to guests as complimentary.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
martin v, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi, we greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We have noted your comment with regards to the condition of our property, I am indeed very sorry for we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay, but I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come.

I am sincerely sorry and regret that you experienced delays with our elevator service. I wish to explain that currently, we are undertaking lift upgrade and replacement program, and indeed we are experiencing some rare delays and malfunctioning of the working lifts during heavy traffic times, which we regret to see you have experienced. Please do accept my sincere apologies for this, but we are confident that with all 3 lifts in place the above mentioned inconveniences will be over shortly.

Nevertheless, we are happy to read that you enjoyed our food and the internet speed. However, as we understand the increased demand for internet accessibility, Hilton worldwide is currently reviewing all options for a customer friendly solution to support ease and cost friendly access in public area spaces.

Monrovia, Liberia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I have never had worse experience in a hotel! Staff is extremely impolite, to say the least. They were not capable of giving you the information about the exact price of the rooms, but it seemed that you have to bargain, just the same as in the street market.
Room was spacious, but the furniture was old. Internet was being charged 20 (!) dollars a day, and it was so poor that the only spot where I had the connection was right in front of the entrance door!!! When called for help in regards to internet, the technician arrived 2 hours later (during which I had to call the reception a couple of times, and was mostly put on hold or rudely told that they are working on it) and said that he can not do much. Awful experience, bad service, totally overrated! If you are not forced to - do not stay in this hotel... Had nothing to do with the Hilton name. Shame!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
martin v, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and have always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

You have my sincerest apologies for we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay with us. However, with regards to the attitude and job knowledge of our team members, is of great concern to us. I have shared this information with our front office manager to put corrective measures in place and ensure retraining of front office and service team on customer care.

As of the internet service, I regret to read that you had a problem with connectivity and it took too long to be rectified. Again I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. However, understanding your great difficulties with our connection and our promise to our guest is ‘to make it right’ I wish to offer you a free upgrade to the Executive Floor during your next stay with us at the Hilton Nairobi. Kindly contact me directly to prepare the arrangement accordingly.

We hope to get another opportunity to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stayed in the Hilton for 4 nights from Aug- Sept as we were in and out of Nairobi for safaris and tours. We stayed in an executive room. The executive lounge staff, food and facilities are very nice and the people are friendly. Like most Hilton's they do not offer complimentary wifi, which is a shame. Backpacker places offer it free but premium places like the Hilton do not.
When staying on the 14th and 13th floors, which are executive rooms, you cannot call the lift to go up. The button doesn't work. Instead you have to call the lift to go down to 12 (which is not an executive floor, but from which you can successfully page the lift to go up) to go to the 15th floor executive lounge. A bit tedious.
The rooms are very clean and well supplied. A tray of fruit on arrival is a lovely touch and if you are departing early they allowed us room service breakfast at no extra charge.
Also drinks, including alcohol, were available for no extra charge in the executive lounge all day. This was an excellent service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful and thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience. We are pleased to read that you extremely happy with executive lounge team, facilities and friendly team around. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at the Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

We further note that you experienced delays with our elevator service, I am sincerely sorry for the inconvenience experienced. However, we are currently undertaking lift upgrade and replacement program and time and again, we do indeed experience some delays during heavy traffic times, and as the 3 lifts are inter-connected in terms of electronics, when switching over some buttons do intermittently malfunction. The latter is by no means a safety hazard, but is annoying as the guest is not sure if the call button indeed called the lift or not. Please do accept our sincere apologies for this, but we are confident that with all 3 lifts in place the above mentioned inconveniences will be over.

With regards of internet, as we understand the increased demand for internet accessibility, Hilton worldwide is currently reviewing all options for a customer friendly solution to support ease and cost friendly access in public area spaces.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The Hilton Nairobi is well located, right in the middle of the central business district. The personnel is trying its best to make clients feel "like" if they were going to stay in a Hilton hotel. Alas, the elevators only work when they want to (which is pretty annoying in a hotel with so many floors), the carpets in the corridors are old and very dirty, and the rooms are really horrible (the paint of my room seemed nearly as old as I am; my bed was absolutely terrible; the curtains were threatening to fall down as soon as I would pull to close them; the bathroom was totally worn out; and I could hear my neighbors as in a youth hostel...). I thought that I had been unlucky with my room, but I was there with a large group of business people and they all mentioned the same things about their rooms. I am nearly more angry at Hilton than at the hotel management since I have been told by friends living in Nairobi that the poor condition of this hotel is known since years but not mentioned by Hilton, which still advertises the unique experience offered by their facility in Nairobi. Probably time for Hilton to consider protecting its brand image towards its loyal customers by finally telling the owners of what I suppose is a franchised hotel that they have to completely renovate this place or to prepare to re-brand to a one or two star brand...

Dear Guest.

We thank you for taking the time to share your value feedback with us; It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Unfortunately we have not been able to show this to you during your recent stay, as you indicated in your comment; my sincerest apologies for this. However, with regards of the physical state of the hotel and facilities, I am pleased to advise that we are in the progress of a master plan renovation preparation, and the bulk of the issues raised are to be part of this.

We further note that you experienced delays with our elevator service, I am sincerely sorry for the inconvenience experienced. However, we are currently undertaking lift upgrade and replacement program, and indeed we are experiencing some rare delays and malfunctioning of the working lifts during heavy traffic times, which we regret to see you have experienced. Please do accept my sincere apologies for this, but we are confident that with all 3 lifts in place the above mentioned inconveniences will be over shortly.

I regret that we have not been able to meet your expectation; In case you do change your mind, I do hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Nairobi or at any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide and re-establish your faith in our hotel.

nakuru
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Its an average hotel located in the city center of Nairobi with easy means of transport.The service is good workers are friendly and cheerful attends to your needs quickly the view is great But when it comes to the lifts its not working you have to use the stairs and the suite what!a total mess dirt every where the bath room shower is not working its a total mess and i would not recommend anyone to go there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

We have noted your comment that the lifts were not working and instead you had to use the stairs, I am sincerely sorry for this unfortunate experience; However, we are currently undertaking lift upgrade and replacement program. and indeed we are experiencing some rare delays and malfunctioning of the working lifts during heavy traffic times, which we regret to see you have experienced. Please do accept my sincere apologies for this, but we are confident that with all 3 lifts in place the above mentioned inconveniences will be over shortly. Moreover, I am pleased to advise that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the hotel in time to come.

We further note your concern regarding the cleanliness of the suite, you sincerely have my profound apologies if this was the case. However, I kindly request you to write to us directly and furnish us with details of your reservation to enable us to investigate and give you proper feedback, and as well put corrective measures in place.

We appreciate the fine compliments you have made about our team hospitality and service.

As our promise to our guests is to ensure maximum comfort and satisfaction, I regret to read about your dissatisfaction only after your departure and hope to get the chance of meeting you in person when you return back to Nairobi; rest assured we will make it right for you.

Chimoio, Mozambique
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Excellent people and bad facilities. Please if you want to continue with the name of Hilton you must demolish all building and construct new one. We are sick of people that lies on feeding themselves in a bad premises, old and scavenged hotels. Please demolish as sooner as you can. Build new. Please do not put any artificial furnish. Avoid to put any carpet as it smell very bad. I would rather prefer un polite servants than smelling place. Remember. We don't need sub servant people. We need to stay like in our house. we are from 21st century

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful.

Unfortunately we have not been able to show this to you during your recent stay, as you indicated in the survey; my sincerest apologies for this, but I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, and the bulk of the issues raised are to be part of this.
Nevertheless, we thank you and appreciate your comment that our team is excellent.
I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi again, to prove to you that we always strive to satisfy all our guests staying with us and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

With kind regards.

Yours sincerely,

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Nairobi? Share your experiences!