“HILTON” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 96 hotels in Nairobi
nakuru
“HILTON”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Its an average hotel located in the city center of Nairobi with easy means of transport.The service is good workers are friendly and cheerful attends to your needs quickly the view is great But when it comes to the lifts its not working you have to use the stairs and the suite what!a total mess dirt every where the bath room shower is not working its a total mess and i would not recommend anyone to go there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

We have noted your comment that the lifts were not working and instead you had to use the stairs, I am sincerely sorry for this unfortunate experience; However, we are currently undertaking lift upgrade and replacement program. and indeed we are experiencing some rare delays and malfunctioning of the working lifts during heavy traffic times, which we regret to see you have experienced. Please do accept my sincere apologies for this, but we are confident that with all 3 lifts in place the above mentioned inconveniences will be over shortly. Moreover, I am pleased to advise that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the hotel in time to come.

We further note your concern regarding the cleanliness of the suite, you sincerely have my profound apologies if this was the case. However, I kindly request you to write to us directly and furnish us with details of your reservation to enable us to investigate and give you proper feedback, and as well put corrective measures in place.

We appreciate the fine compliments you have made about our team hospitality and service.

As our promise to our guests is to ensure maximum comfort and satisfaction, I regret to read about your dissatisfaction only after your departure and hope to get the chance of meeting you in person when you return back to Nairobi; rest assured we will make it right for you.

594 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Turkish first
Chimoio, Mozambique
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Excellent people and bad facilities. Please if you want to continue with the name of Hilton you must demolish all building and construct new one. We are sick of people that lies on feeding themselves in a bad premises, old and scavenged hotels. Please demolish as sooner as you can. Build new. Please do not put any artificial furnish. Avoid to put any carpet as it smell very bad. I would rather prefer un polite servants than smelling place. Remember. We don't need sub servant people. We need to stay like in our house. we are from 21st century

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and have always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

Unfortunately we have not been able to show this to you during your recent stay, as you indicated in the survey; my sincerest apologies for this, but I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, and the bulk of the issues raised are to be part of this.
Nevertheless, we thank you and appreciate your comment that our team is excellent.
I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi again, to prove to you that we always strive to satisfy all our guests staying with us and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I felt cheated as I expected Hilton standards and it is simply an awful hotel. Old, dirty, old linen and furniture, very small rooms, terrible bathrooms. Will not trust the Hilton brand anymore. The staff was kind but unable to fix the mess of the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful and thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Unfortunately we have not been able to show this to you during your recent stay, as you indicated in your trip advisor comment; my sincerest apologies for this, but I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, and the bulk of the issues raised are to be part of this.
Nevertheless, we are happy to read that our team members were kind. I do appreciate your honest feedback and this will assist us in improving our standards and service delivery to our guests.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Hotel was average. Lifts were not working most of the time. Rooms are smaller in size. In Health club , sauna bath wasn't working. Over priced however breakfast was good and hotel was clean. Ample security is there.Wifi is chargableb.

Room Tip: On 13th floor , rooms are good
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

We have noted your comment that lifts were not working most of the time during your stay with us, I wish to explain that currently, we are undertaking lift upgrade and replacement program. We do indeed experience some rare delays during heavy traffic times which we regret to see you have experienced. Please do accept my sincere apologies for this, but we are confident that with all 3 lifts in place the above mentioned inconveniences will be over shortly
With regards of Sauna bath not working, I wish to explain that currently it is temporarily closed for annual preventive maintenance to ensure better service delivery to our esteemed guests.
Nevertheless, we are happy that you found our rooms clean, enjoyed our breakfast and felt secure while staying with us.

Sincerely

Kampala, Uganda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a fabulous hotel located in the Nairobi city center which makes it an easy focal point to any destination within the city center one doesn't even require transportation from the hotel to any part of town being that its a walkable distance they have a fab restaurant and i advise anyone to stay here. 5 star service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

It has been a pleasure hosting you at the Hilton Nairobi. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guest's expectations.

We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience and very happy that you liked our location. Believe me, it is comment such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to us and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Bratislava, Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very good this device with high security, very close to passage in one of the cheapest obchodíkovso Gift shop across Nairobi.
Room to be good with food, staff seeks a worthy device name. Efforts staff to correct deficiencies in the case is immediate. If a thing against freedom at night is a good choice. I recommend.

Room Tip: have a better apartment than an ordinary room ...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Got to visit Nairobi for the first time, on business. Stayed at the Hilton for 3 nights.
It's definitely an older hotel (this is coming from me who is used to newer hotels in Asia), but you'll see that most of central Nairobi has a slightly older feel to it.
The hotel is being upgraded in parts - while I was there, one of the elevators was being replaced.

The staff are very friendly, at all times. I do wish the service at breakfast was faster and more attentive, though.

The rooms are small, I guess cozy would be a way to describe it. The room is clean, equipped with a comfortable bed, side tables, TV, a closet with a safe in it. There was a minibar too, which I never used.

The phone in my room didn't work, the staff came by to fix it quickly. You'll have to pay for wi-fi each day, watch for that cost while booking.

Got the hotel to pick me up and drop me back to the airport. Make sure to book the shuttle beforehand by calling or emailing the hotel, or else you'll be offered a private taxi that would be a lot more expensive.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi and for taking the time to write to us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guests expectations.

We have noted your comment with regards of the physical condition of our facility and room size. As you have seen and mentioned, we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, which will see a complete make-over of the Hotel, in time to come. However, we appreciate your comment that you found our rooms clean and the bed comfortable; the in-room equipments were also adequate, although the telephone did not work, I am glad that our engineering team responded promptly to fix it to your satisfaction.

With regards to WiFi charges, I would like to advise that, apart from internet not being a free service as a Hilton Worldwide policy, our internet service is provided by a 3rd party internet service provider, making it rather difficult for us to lower it or even provide it for free. As we understand the increased demand for internet accessibility, Hilton worldwide is currently reviewing all options for a customer friendly solution to support ease and cost friendly access.

Dear guest, we appreciate you comment about our team members friendliness, although not attentive and fast in breakfast service, rest assured we will put corrective measures in place to hasten our service delivery.

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful. Therefore we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future again.

In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Nairobi? Share your experiences!