“location and etc.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 115 Hotels in Nairobi
Bratislava, Slovakia
“location and etc.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very good this device with high security, very close to passage in one of the cheapest obchodíkovso Gift shop across Nairobi.
Room to be good with food, staff seeks a worthy device name. Efforts staff to correct deficiencies in the case is immediate. If a thing against freedom at night is a good choice. I recommend.

Room Tip: have a better apartment than an ordinary room ...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

It has been a pleasure hosting you at the Hilton Nairobi. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

With kind regards.

Yours sincerely,
MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Got to visit Nairobi for the first time, on business. Stayed at the Hilton for 3 nights.
It's definitely an older hotel (this is coming from me who is used to newer hotels in Asia), but you'll see that most of central Nairobi has a slightly older feel to it.
The hotel is being upgraded in parts - while I was there, one of the elevators was being replaced.

The staff are very friendly, at all times. I do wish the service at breakfast was faster and more attentive, though.

The rooms are small, I guess cozy would be a way to describe it. The room is clean, equipped with a comfortable bed, side tables, TV, a closet with a safe in it. There was a minibar too, which I never used.

The phone in my room didn't work, the staff came by to fix it quickly. You'll have to pay for wi-fi each day, watch for that cost while booking.

Got the hotel to pick me up and drop me back to the airport. Make sure to book the shuttle beforehand by calling or emailing the hotel, or else you'll be offered a private taxi that would be a lot more expensive.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi and for taking the time to write to us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guests expectations.

We have noted your comment with regards of the physical condition of our facility and room size. As you have seen and mentioned, we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, which will see a complete make-over of the Hotel, in time to come. However, we appreciate your comment that you found our rooms clean and the bed comfortable; the in-room equipments were also adequate, although the telephone did not work, I am glad that our engineering team responded promptly to fix it to your satisfaction.

With regards to WiFi charges, I would like to advise that, apart from internet not being a free service as a Hilton Worldwide policy, our internet service is provided by a 3rd party internet service provider, making it rather difficult for us to lower it or even provide it for free. As we understand the increased demand for internet accessibility, Hilton worldwide is currently reviewing all options for a customer friendly solution to support ease and cost friendly access.

Dear guest, we appreciate you comment about our team members friendliness, although not attentive and fast in breakfast service, rest assured we will put corrective measures in place to hasten our service delivery.

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful. Therefore we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future again.

In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

Juba, South Sudan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

The Hotel is ran by gangs who robbed guest during their leisure time even if a day time. Staff member came to my room when I was taking rest and steeled KSh 10000. The security promised to pay but the manger refused.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

We note with much regrets about your dissatisfaction during your recent stay where you claim to have lost money from the room. You sincerely have my apologies for the inconvenience that this might have caused you.

As earlier advised during our ongoing correspondence, we wish to inform that the hotel provides safes in each guest room for safe custody of all valuable items which are insured in case of any loss. We surely understand the worries you felt when discovering missing money and apologize for the hassle experienced.

Dear Guest, although we have not been able to meet your expectation, I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi again. You can be rest assured that my team and I, we will try our utmost to support you further.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This hotel was a last minute booking. I was staying with a friend volunteering in a village a few hours away. We decided to spend a few nights in Nairobi and this gem was available for us. Beautiful! I loved the location. It was clean, very polite staff, and nice hotel dining facilities. The hotel was located near other hotels of its caliber and was a delight to stay in. Loved that it was walking distance to many local eateries, higher end restaurants, and in a welcoming environment.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Manuela B, Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful. We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience. We appreciate the fine compliments you make about our team members, and I am happy to read that you enjoyed our dining facilities and the general welcoming ambience of the hotel.

We once again thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

With kind regards.

Yours sincerely,

Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

What a wonderful experience in the heart of Nairobi - from our first interaction with the security staff, doorman and bell captain - to all the restaurant and bar staff. All have been extremely well trained and they made us feel exceptionally special.
Concierge was doubtful, though - voucher had been paid for and he wanted a credit card to be left with him for all future purchases (huh??) - I think he needs a little training.
Breakfasts and dinner were absolutely scrumptious and there was enough selection for even the most finicky of tastes...
All in all a most pleasant and enjoyable stay - and a return visit is definitely on the cards.

Manuela B, Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your value feedback with us. It was truly a pleasure to serve you and we greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience and sincerely appreciate your good comments about our team members and the selections for dinner and lunch. I refer to your comment regarding the credit card and wish to inform you that we request for credit card pre-authorization to cover for any incidentals during your stay, for this we are sorry that you were inconvenienced if this was not made clear upon your arrival.

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi again and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

MANUELA BRODE
Director of Operations
Lindenhurst, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

As a Hilton Honors (Diamond) member that stays at the Hilton more than 200 days a year.
I really like staying at the Nairobi Hilton whenever I am in Nairobi. This time I stayed for 2 days in July and then came back at the end of July and stayed for 8 days. Because of my status as a Diamond I got my room upgraded. I didn't have to pay for internet or breakfast . Internet does not work period. I had to go to the business center to respond to emails etc. This is one thing I don't like about this hotel ( Internet connection is poor). They have tried to make the rooms the same like full service Hilton Hotels. They have changed Tv's showers small things that make you feel at thome.
Staff very friendly. All the staff at the executive lounge on the 15th floor. Irene, Henry and Jackie were exceptional. Front desk downstairs - Davis, Ezekiel, Michael Anne the supervisor, Rose at the Business center. Travelers Restaurant Beth, Virginia and Eunice and the chefs
were really nice. The food is fresh and delicious.
The door men and the Luggage guys. I can't remember all their names. The maids in the house keeping.
Please change the menu at the executive lounge. They serve the same food all year round but its nice its only that when you are staying there for long you don't want to eat what you ate the night before.
Renovations are a pain. The elevators you wait for 10 to 15 minutes. When I was there in Aug only one elevator was working.
The hotel is in the city center and security is excellent. Exceptional staff all round. I love it here.
Please do the above improvements and you will have me all the time that I visit Nairobi which is regularly now.
Thanks

RC

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing Hilton Nairobi as accommodation of choice while in Nairobi and thank you for taking the time to share your value feedback with us. It is truly a pleasure to serve you. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience and sincerely appreciate your compliments about the outstanding hospitality of our team members all around. I have had the pleasure to share your appreciation with the team.
We are also grateful to see that the small things that have been replaced in our rooms have made a great difference and makes you feel at home away from home.

Further, we note your comment with regards of the waiting time for elevators; I wish to explain that currently, we are undertaking lift upgrade and replacement program. We do indeed experience some rare delays during heavy traffic times which we regret to see you have experienced. Please do accept my sincere apologies for this, but we are confident that with all 3 lifts in place the above mentioned inconveniences will be over shortly. Moreover, I am pleased to advise that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the hotel in time to come.

As of the executive lounge menu rotation, I have shared your comment with our executive chef and food and beverage manager for review.

Our esteemed guest, I regret to read that we did not fully meet your expectation. As our promise to our guests is to ‘make it right and ensure customer satisfaction, kindly contact us directly prior to your next visit at the Hilton Nairobi.

Lagos, Nigeria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The hotel is grossly overpriced and the standard room is very small with only one socket point to plug in computer, ipad, phone etc. The hotel also charged about 20 dollars for a day to have access to the internet which was very redicolous to imagine. To make matters worse, one of the male receptionists was so difficult and impolite...he did not take time to check details on my reservation status and continued to make evry step to frustrate my stay, even when I have made all applicable payments... The only thing I would commend is the breakfast, which was so rich and full of varieties... As a business traveller....I do not see myself staying in this hotel again!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and have always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

We sincerely apologize for we have not been able to show this to you during your recent stay with us. However, with regards of the physical status of our facility, I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, and the bulk of the issues raised are to be part of this.
We further note that your invited guest was not politely handled, I sincerely apologize for this should not be the case, I can only imagine the frustration. However I hope it will find your understanding that your own security and all other persons within the property security is paramount; as such it is a government directive that any additional guest accessing a guest room must be registered at the Front office, providing an original ID or passport and fill in a registration card countersigned by the guest . This procedure is applied across the board; Again, I do sincerely apologise if this was not made clear to you by our front desk team at the time.
Nevertheless, our team members attitude is of great concern, I have shared this feedback with the front desk manager to refresh all our front office team members on customer care training.
We further note your disappointment that we do not provide free internet connection, I would like to advise, that apart from internet not being a free service as a Hilton Worldwide policy, our internet service is provided by a 3rd party internet service provider, making it rather difficult for us to lower it or even provide it for free.

Despite the above, we are pleased to see that you enjoyed our rich breakfast.

We deeply regret to note your dissatisfaction with your recent stay with us and as our promise to our guests is to ‘make it right’, I sincerely hope to get another opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi again to prove to you that we always strive to satisfy all our guests.

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Nairobi? Share your experiences!