“Oldish, but oh so stylish” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #41 of 119 Hotels in Nairobi
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Oldish, but oh so stylish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

What a wonderful experience in the heart of Nairobi - from our first interaction with the security staff, doorman and bell captain - to all the restaurant and bar staff. All have been extremely well trained and they made us feel exceptionally special.
Concierge was doubtful, though - voucher had been paid for and he wanted a credit card to be left with him for all future purchases (huh??) - I think he needs a little training.
Breakfasts and dinner were absolutely scrumptious and there was enough selection for even the most finicky of tastes...
All in all a most pleasant and enjoyable stay - and a return visit is definitely on the cards.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manuela B, Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your value feedback with us. It was truly a pleasure to serve you and we greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience and sincerely appreciate your good comments about our team members and the selections for dinner and lunch. I refer to your comment regarding the credit card and wish to inform you that we request for credit card pre-authorization to cover for any incidentals during your stay, for this we are sorry that you were inconvenienced if this was not made clear upon your arrival.

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi again and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

MANUELA BRODE
Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Turkish first
Lindenhurst, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

As a Hilton Honors (Diamond) member that stays at the Hilton more than 200 days a year.
I really like staying at the Nairobi Hilton whenever I am in Nairobi. This time I stayed for 2 days in July and then came back at the end of July and stayed for 8 days. Because of my status as a Diamond I got my room upgraded. I didn't have to pay for internet or breakfast . Internet does not work period. I had to go to the business center to respond to emails etc. This is one thing I don't like about this hotel ( Internet connection is poor). They have tried to make the rooms the same like full service Hilton Hotels. They have changed Tv's showers small things that make you feel at thome.
Staff very friendly. All the staff at the executive lounge on the 15th floor. Irene, Henry and Jackie were exceptional. Front desk downstairs - Davis, Ezekiel, Michael Anne the supervisor, Rose at the Business center. Travelers Restaurant Beth, Virginia and Eunice and the chefs
were really nice. The food is fresh and delicious.
The door men and the Luggage guys. I can't remember all their names. The maids in the house keeping.
Please change the menu at the executive lounge. They serve the same food all year round but its nice its only that when you are staying there for long you don't want to eat what you ate the night before.
Renovations are a pain. The elevators you wait for 10 to 15 minutes. When I was there in Aug only one elevator was working.
The hotel is in the city center and security is excellent. Exceptional staff all round. I love it here.
Please do the above improvements and you will have me all the time that I visit Nairobi which is regularly now.
Thanks

RC

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing Hilton Nairobi as accommodation of choice while in Nairobi and thank you for taking the time to share your value feedback with us. It is truly a pleasure to serve you. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience and sincerely appreciate your compliments about the outstanding hospitality of our team members all around. I have had the pleasure to share your appreciation with the team.
We are also grateful to see that the small things that have been replaced in our rooms have made a great difference and makes you feel at home away from home.

Further, we note your comment with regards of the waiting time for elevators; I wish to explain that currently, we are undertaking lift upgrade and replacement program. We do indeed experience some rare delays during heavy traffic times which we regret to see you have experienced. Please do accept my sincere apologies for this, but we are confident that with all 3 lifts in place the above mentioned inconveniences will be over shortly. Moreover, I am pleased to advise that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the hotel in time to come.

As of the executive lounge menu rotation, I have shared your comment with our executive chef and food and beverage manager for review.

Our esteemed guest, I regret to read that we did not fully meet your expectation. As our promise to our guests is to ‘make it right and ensure customer satisfaction, kindly contact us directly prior to your next visit at the Hilton Nairobi.

Lagos, Nigeria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The hotel is grossly overpriced and the standard room is very small with only one socket point to plug in computer, ipad, phone etc. The hotel also charged about 20 dollars for a day to have access to the internet which was very redicolous to imagine. To make matters worse, one of the male receptionists was so difficult and impolite...he did not take time to check details on my reservation status and continued to make evry step to frustrate my stay, even when I have made all applicable payments... The only thing I would commend is the breakfast, which was so rich and full of varieties... As a business traveller....I do not see myself staying in this hotel again!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and have always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

We sincerely apologize for we have not been able to show this to you during your recent stay with us. However, with regards of the physical status of our facility, I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, and the bulk of the issues raised are to be part of this.
We further note that your invited guest was not politely handled, I sincerely apologize for this should not be the case, I can only imagine the frustration. However I hope it will find your understanding that your own security and all other persons within the property security is paramount; as such it is a government directive that any additional guest accessing a guest room must be registered at the Front office, providing an original ID or passport and fill in a registration card countersigned by the guest . This procedure is applied across the board; Again, I do sincerely apologise if this was not made clear to you by our front desk team at the time.
Nevertheless, our team members attitude is of great concern, I have shared this feedback with the front desk manager to refresh all our front office team members on customer care training.
We further note your disappointment that we do not provide free internet connection, I would like to advise, that apart from internet not being a free service as a Hilton Worldwide policy, our internet service is provided by a 3rd party internet service provider, making it rather difficult for us to lower it or even provide it for free.

Despite the above, we are pleased to see that you enjoyed our rich breakfast.

We deeply regret to note your dissatisfaction with your recent stay with us and as our promise to our guests is to ‘make it right’, I sincerely hope to get another opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi again to prove to you that we always strive to satisfy all our guests.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Due to traffic situation you need to be patient to come back to the hotel in the evening if you need to work e.g. In Westlands.
Staff very friendly,
Hotel premises are aged and you may easely tell it.

Still all in all a good place to stay

• Stayed August 2013
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to serve you and we thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. Your honest comments are highly appreciated as this will go a long way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests. Hilton will always take pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

We are very glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience during your recent visit to us. You have mentioned that our facility looked dated and I am pleased to advice that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, which will see a complete make-over of the Hotel, in time to come.

I have shared your compliments about our team members friendliness and your good suggestions with regards of traffic situation within the city. Believe me it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

Dear Guest, we place great value on your custom and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future

Dallas, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

+ staff helpful and friendly
- one elevator being replaced and a second was out of order, leaving only one for guests
- old & soft mattresses
- wildly overpriced for value on room, laundry, restaurant
- weak wifi - 3-5 minutes to connect, stood at door to room or in hallway to keep connection
- hotel generally in need of a refit

I had just come from the Leela in Bangalore paid slightly less for a vastly superior room and overall experience. I haven't been a Hilton customer some some time and this experience didn't live up to past experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. It was truly a pleasure to serve you and we greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We have noted your comment that two out of three guest elevators were faulty at the time. As you already mentioned, we are currently undertaking a lifts upgrade and replacement program and one of the elevators is going to be replaced completely. The other lift had experienced mechanical problems which is not a safety risk to any hotel guest or team members and it was temporarily stopped for repair and maintenance. We fully understand and regret the inconvenience caused by such delays during heavy traffic times. Please accept our sincerest apologies for this.

With regards of the physical condition of our facility, I am sincerely sorry that we have not been able to meet your expectation and I am pleased to inform you that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation whereby the bulk of the issues raised are to be part of this.
Our esteemed guest, I regret to read that you had a problem with internet connection in your room and I am apologise for this should not be the case. Kindly contact us directly as to give us the opportunity to rectify the situation for you during your next visit at the Hilton Nairobi.

We appreciate your feedback and this will go along way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.

Yours Sincerely

Woodinville, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This was our first stop and Africa and started a theme of friendly but not always efficient or effective service. Upon checkin we were offered an upgrade but were told the room wasn't quite ready. No problem since we were allowed to wait in the executive lounge (not one of the better ones I've seen.) After some time we were informed that our upgrade still wasn't ready but an upgrade to our upgrade was.

We were given the "presidential suite". It was in fact very large with 3 different rooms and two bathrooms. They provided a very small rollaway bed for my daughter because even though the suite was large it only had the one bed. The room was quite dark and very old. While this might appeal to some it's not our style. I don't mind quaint but this room was tired and some of the furniture wasn't sturdy.

One of the elevators was under renovation so there was a sign saying please use the other two. Problem was that one of those two was out of order so there was only one elevator for a hotel that was 10 or more stories tall.

We didn't walk around much because the area didn't look too inviting. Unfortunately the onsite restaurant was mediocre. Again the service was okay but the food was poor.

Since we stayed at this hotel using our Hilton points I can't complain too much but might consider other options next time even if we could stay here again for "free."

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet your expectations.

We have noted your comment that on arrival our front desk team members offered an upgrade which was not ready at the time of check-in. My sincerest apologies that we have not been able to meet your expectation. I am however pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, and the bulk of the issues raised are to be part of this.
We further noticed your dissatisfaction and inconvenience experienced based on one elevator not working. During those particular lift upgrade works, we do indeed experience some delays during heavy traffic times, and as the 3 lifts are inter-connected in terms of electronics, one of the two do intermittently malfunction. The latter is by no means a safety hazard, but we do understand that our guests feel annoyed as the delays are experienced. I sincerely apologise for this and regret to read that we did not manage to meet your expectations during your recent stay with us. As we are confident that as soon as all 3 lifts are in place and new, the product experience will certainly enhance.

Nevertheless, I am pleased to see that you were satisfied with the hospitality of our team member and hope to get another opportunity to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Cannot fault the service at all, very friendly and helpful. Nice relaxed feel to the hotel. Rooms clean and tidy with comfortable beds and best off all a good shower (much appreciated after 8 days of camping safari)

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,

We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience. We appreciate the fine compliment you make about our team members’ hospitality and service, and I am happy to read that the condition of our facilities provided a nice relaxed feel of the hotel.

Dear guest, we thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi again and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

MANUELA BRODE I Dear Guest,

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Nairobi? Share your experiences!