“Good location if you need to be in the city center” 3 of 5 stars

Hilton Nairobi
Special Offer
Summer Sale - Save 33%
Ranked #42 of 100 hotels in Nairobi
“Good location if you need to be in the city center”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Due to traffic situation you need to be patient to come back to the hotel in the evening if you need to work e.g. In Westlands.
Staff very friendly,
Hotel premises are aged and you may easely tell it.

Still all in all a good place to stay

• Stayed August 2013
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to serve you and we thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. Your honest comments are highly appreciated as this will go a long way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests. Hilton will always take pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

We are very glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience during your recent visit to us. You have mentioned that our facility looked dated and I am pleased to advice that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, which will see a complete make-over of the Hotel, in time to come.

I have shared your compliments about our team members friendliness and your good suggestions with regards of traffic situation within the city. Believe me it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

Dear Guest, we place great value on your custom and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future

605 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Turkish first
Dallas, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

+ staff helpful and friendly
- one elevator being replaced and a second was out of order, leaving only one for guests
- old & soft mattresses
- wildly overpriced for value on room, laundry, restaurant
- weak wifi - 3-5 minutes to connect, stood at door to room or in hallway to keep connection
- hotel generally in need of a refit

I had just come from the Leela in Bangalore paid slightly less for a vastly superior room and overall experience. I haven't been a Hilton customer some some time and this experience didn't live up to past experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. It was truly a pleasure to serve you and we greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We have noted your comment that two out of three guest elevators were faulty at the time. As you already mentioned, we are currently undertaking a lifts upgrade and replacement program and one of the elevators is going to be replaced completely. The other lift had experienced mechanical problems which is not a safety risk to any hotel guest or team members and it was temporarily stopped for repair and maintenance. We fully understand and regret the inconvenience caused by such delays during heavy traffic times. Please accept our sincerest apologies for this.

With regards of the physical condition of our facility, I am sincerely sorry that we have not been able to meet your expectation and I am pleased to inform you that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation whereby the bulk of the issues raised are to be part of this.
Our esteemed guest, I regret to read that you had a problem with internet connection in your room and I am apologise for this should not be the case. Kindly contact us directly as to give us the opportunity to rectify the situation for you during your next visit at the Hilton Nairobi.

We appreciate your feedback and this will go along way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.

Yours Sincerely

Woodinville, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This was our first stop and Africa and started a theme of friendly but not always efficient or effective service. Upon checkin we were offered an upgrade but were told the room wasn't quite ready. No problem since we were allowed to wait in the executive lounge (not one of the better ones I've seen.) After some time we were informed that our upgrade still wasn't ready but an upgrade to our upgrade was.

We were given the "presidential suite". It was in fact very large with 3 different rooms and two bathrooms. They provided a very small rollaway bed for my daughter because even though the suite was large it only had the one bed. The room was quite dark and very old. While this might appeal to some it's not our style. I don't mind quaint but this room was tired and some of the furniture wasn't sturdy.

One of the elevators was under renovation so there was a sign saying please use the other two. Problem was that one of those two was out of order so there was only one elevator for a hotel that was 10 or more stories tall.

We didn't walk around much because the area didn't look too inviting. Unfortunately the onsite restaurant was mediocre. Again the service was okay but the food was poor.

Since we stayed at this hotel using our Hilton points I can't complain too much but might consider other options next time even if we could stay here again for "free."

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet your expectations.

We have noted your comment that on arrival our front desk team members offered an upgrade which was not ready at the time of check-in. My sincerest apologies that we have not been able to meet your expectation. I am however pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, and the bulk of the issues raised are to be part of this.
We further noticed your dissatisfaction and inconvenience experienced based on one elevator not working. During those particular lift upgrade works, we do indeed experience some delays during heavy traffic times, and as the 3 lifts are inter-connected in terms of electronics, one of the two do intermittently malfunction. The latter is by no means a safety hazard, but we do understand that our guests feel annoyed as the delays are experienced. I sincerely apologise for this and regret to read that we did not manage to meet your expectations during your recent stay with us. As we are confident that as soon as all 3 lifts are in place and new, the product experience will certainly enhance.

Nevertheless, I am pleased to see that you were satisfied with the hospitality of our team member and hope to get another opportunity to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Cannot fault the service at all, very friendly and helpful. Nice relaxed feel to the hotel. Rooms clean and tidy with comfortable beds and best off all a good shower (much appreciated after 8 days of camping safari)

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,

We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience. We appreciate the fine compliment you make about our team members’ hospitality and service, and I am happy to read that the condition of our facilities provided a nice relaxed feel of the hotel.

Dear guest, we thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi again and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

MANUELA BRODE I Dear Guest,

Budva, Montenegro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stayed in this hotel almost two weeks and it was comfortable and quiet. This hotel has very good location in heart of the city. Rooms have everything what is necessary for the comfort and restaurant has very wide selection for any taste.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your value feedback with us. It was truly a pleasure to serve you and we greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience and sincerely appreciate your good comment about our facilities and a wide selection of tastes available in our restaurants. I am as well pleased to read that you liked our property location. Believe me it is comments such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi again and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future

With kind regards

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

First impression was great and the staff friendly and very helpful, but the rooms were tiny, the beds uncomfortable and the air conditioning didn't work very well as we were uncomfortable and hot all night. Their buffet breakfast was excellent with a large variety of fresh baked bread and pastries as well as anything you would ever want.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.
We have noted your comment with regards of the size of our rooms. I am sincerely sorry for we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay with us. However, I have the pleasure to advise that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, and the bulk of the issues raised are to be part of this.
We apologise for the inconvenience caused due to the Air-condition not working at full capacity. Our Chief Engineer has taken immediate action and rectified the situation in the meantime.

Nevertheless, we appreciate your comment about the outstanding hospitality of our team members and I am personally happy to read that you enjoyed our buffet breakfast.

Leland, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I recently completed a 10 day stay at this hotel. The staff aim to please, answering inquiries almost immediately. In contrast to what I read in other reviews, I was quite pleased with everything other than the cost of food at the Traveler's Restaurant where all meals are served buffet style. Even then when I noted I was less hungry, staff accommodated my desire for less food at a more reasonable price. I was able to choose a dish that was on the buffet and make myself a platter, paying only for one plate rather than the entire buffer. One evening, housekeepers brought fresh flowers to my room, for no other reason than to brighten my day. A group of us traveled on a Saturday to the Nairobi Game Park, leaving early in the morning. As breakfast was included in our room rate, the restaurant prepared to go boxes for us with food that was ample for both breakfast and lunch. Security was more than adequate at the hotel. Meeting rooms were fine for a conference, the internet was not the fastest, but again adequate for downloading manuscripts.
The hotel is in the process of renovation. Some rooms are thus better equipped than others.

Room Tip: Choose a mid-level floor. Folks on the higher levels complained about waiting for the elevators