At check in, they badgered me into an upgrade promising that it was less expensive than paying separately for internet access and breakfast. At checkout, I found out that they charged me $130 PER NIGHT for the upgrade (and, no, the breakfast wasn't anything close to worth that extortionate amount).The upgrade meant that I got a "junior suite" -- a room that was doubled by arching an access to its mirror image. Nothing special (even the fruit in the welcome bowl was well beyond its prime). Add to that, the hotel is under renovation: only 1 of the 3 elevators was in service, the pool was closed, there was hammering and drilling everywhere. As others have noted, this is a dated property that probably just should have been razed and rebuilt. I won't stay here again: there are many better properties in Nairobi (Stanley, Intercontinental and Serena leap to mind). I rated it average only because the security seemed adequate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the city's heart, the Hilton Nairobi hotel is next to the craft market and 25 minutes' drive from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. Enjoy global dishes at the Traveller's Restaurant, try fine Italian cuisine at Sale E Pepe Restaurant or have a pint at the Hilton Nairobi hotel's Jockey Pub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, Tingo, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your Hilton Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Hilton International Nairobi
- Nairobi Hilton International