Looking a little dated, this hotel will suffice as a place to stay the night. I found the architecture of the hotel a little strange, as you need to wander through a maze of hallways to access the gym, carpark and the arcade. I wouldn’t suggest you attempt to find the Hilton arcade from within the hotel, as it is easier for you to exit the hotel and find it from the street.
Staff are generally quite good. They are helpful when you need to ask them anything. Although sometimes not all requests are followed up properly. But overall, their intentions are good and make an attempt to help in every way.
The rooms are ample. Just what you would expect from a standard room. The bathroom was not modern but it was clean. Beware when you flush the toilet, as it sounds like you’re about to be sucked in with it. Hotel internet is quite expensive, at 1000ksh per hour (about 17USD). This is the cost for wireless internet or using the PCs in the business centre. The wardrobe door was broken, but I could live with it. The noise generated by the pipes behind the walls made for a broken night’s sleep. At least the bed is comfortable.
The facilities in the hotel are adequate. They do have the Resident’s lounge, which is a nice quiet space for anyone wanting to do some work or have casual rendezvous with friends. The Jockey club is a great bar with character, decorated with memorabilia from a bygone era. The Travellers restaurant is where breakfast is served. The décor here runs the old colonial theme. You will find the range served here is quite extensive, with something for everyone. The gym is fully equipped and lockers and slippers are available for guests to use.
The hotel is ok as a recommendation. However, expect to find an outdated hotel with rooms to match. Whilst its character may be non-existent, it is still adequate as a place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the city's heart, the Hilton Nairobi hotel is next to the craft market and 25 minutes' drive from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. Enjoy global dishes at the Traveller's Restaurant, try fine Italian cuisine at Sale E Pepe Restaurant or have a pint at the Hilton Nairobi hotel's Jockey Pub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Odigeo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hilton Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Hilton International Nairobi
- Nairobi Hilton International