“6/10” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 101 hotels in Nairobi
Cape Town, South Africa
“6/10”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Overall, my stay was comfortable and I was made to feel very welcome by the friendly and extremely helpful hotel staff. 10 out of 10 for service! The internet is very expensive, some TV channels don't work, no toilet brush in bathroom, and was not advised to take a SA plug adapter as only local/British plugs. Food and drink is way overpriced.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your value feedback with us; It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We have noted your comment that some TV Channels did not work, toilet brush was not provided in the bathroom room and you were not advised to come with a SA plug, I am indeed very sorry for we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay with us; I have shared this comment with all the heads of department concerned to effectively put corrective measures in place and ensure comfort and hassle free stay for our guests.

As of food and drinks prices, I wish to explain that our hotel rates and restaurant offers are at par with all five star hotels within the city and only at independent, small local properties are the prices indeed a lot less. At comparable, high standard properties one pays a similar amount as you were charged at our hotel.

Dear Guest, we are glad to note your comment that your stay was comfortable and more so our team members outstanding hospitality made you feel very welcome. We sincerely appreciate the ‘10’ score rating in our guest satisfaction survey and I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi again, to prove to you that we always strive to satisfy all our guests and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

With kind regards

602 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Turkish first
Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed in Hilton, Nairobi for 11 nights- pretty long for an experience. I found that the staff are very friendly and courteous. However, size of the rooms are comparatively small perhaps because of the typical round structure of the hotel. The functional quality of the inside fittings like the closet, drawers etc. need more care. I did not find them operating effortlessly, which is desired. However, overall you get a very friendly environment.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We thank you for taking the time to share your value feedback with us and greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests as we constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience having stayed for 11 nights, we sincerely appreciate your compliments about the outstanding hospitality of our team members who provided a friendly environment during your recent stay with us.

With regards of the room size, condition of fittings and fixtures, I am sorry that we have not been able to meet your expectation I am pleased to advice that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, and the bulk of the issues raised are to be part of this.

Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Of the all the executive suits and hotels that I have stayed, and I basically live in a hotel because I travel so much - the Hilton Nairobi is not value-for-money at all. The Hotel is outdated and for what you get it is over-priced. I guess because it is central they feel that they can over-charge. The staff are great though

Dear guest

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

Unfortunately we have not been able to meet your expectations during your recent stay with us, as you indicated in your trip advisor comment; my sincerest apologies for this. However with regards of the physical condition of the hotel, I wish to inform you that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come.

We note with great concern your comment about our prices, although they may be high, they are at par with all other five star hotels within the city and we shall take this opportunity to review the market situation.

I am glad to note your compliments to the hospitality of our team members and we thank you for your honest feedback and this will go a long way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.
The team and I are already looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

rooms are very small and the staff are non-professional.The restaurant is too expensive for the quantity of food they serve but buffet breakfast was good.
The swimming pool,steam,sauna and massage centre and good to relax and especially the aroma massage is good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi and for taking the time to write to us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We have noted your comment with regards to the size of our rooms and I wish to advice that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come.

As of our team being non professionals, this comes rather as a surprise to us considering the very many good comments we receive daily through trip advisor and our Hilton customer satisfaction survey. Kindly accept my sincerest apologies that we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay with us. However, if there is any specific area that you felt was not professionally addressed, I would kindly request you to give us more information to enable us put corrective measures in place.

With regards of our prices, although they may be high, they are at par with all other five star hotels within the city, only at independent, small local properties are the prices indeed a lot less. At comparable, high standard properties one pays a similar amount as you were charged at our hotel.

Nevertheless, I am pleased to see that you enjoyed our health club facilities and our breakfast.

Our esteemed guest, although we have not been able to fully meet your expectation, I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi again, to prove to you that we always strive to satisfy all our guests staying with us and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future

sharjah, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Hotel is ok. Right in the centre of the city. Traffic is crazy in this area. Rooms are small and very old. Shower needs to be fixed in most rooms and overall all rooms need to be renovated. Breakfast spread is decent. In room dining needs improvement. Overall for $211 you could get a better hotel few mins outside the centre of the city.

Dear Guest,

Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guests expectations.

We have noted your comment with regards of the status of our facility and fixtures, I am indeed very sorry and regret that we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay with us. We are currently in the process of a master plan renovation-preparation, and the bulk of the issues raised are to be part of this.
Likewise we noted your observation that our In-room dinning needs improvement and shared the information with our executive chef for review and our services offered shall be rectified.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and the location of our property.

Esteemed guest, we place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and I personally look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Bon Accueil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

nice and helpful staff, feel at home away from home, good pizza- strongly recommended, very clean rooms, extra soap and shampoo were given, I was surprised when I was given free chocolates in my room. stress free stay during a business trip,

Room Tip: rooms near the swimming pool are better, especially in summer.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi and for taking the time to write to us. We always take pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guests expectations.

I am glad to see that you were very satisfied with your overall experience and sincerely appreciate your compliments about the outstanding hospitality of our team members. We are greatly happy to see that we fulfilled our promise to our guests.

Following your review, I have had the pleasure to share your comments with our team members and management as it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

Esteemed guest, we place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Cremona, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Very nice restaurant, facilities and lobby but very bad room as well. The room in the tower are very old fashion, tight and bathroom very old ... I was surprised about such poor quality in Hilton room. The balance value for quality i do not suggest this hotel, to expensive for the room quality that is so poor .ò

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear guest,
We have noted your comment with regards of our hotel status and I have the pleasure to advise that we are indeed in the progress of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come.

With regards of the quality status of our room compared to value, I am indeed very sorry that we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay with us and regret to note your dissatisfaction. I wish to inform you, that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, which will see a complete make-over of the Hotel, in time to come. However, I am pleased to see that you liked our restaurant, facilities and the lobby.

Nevertheless, we appreciate your honest feedback which will go a long way to improve our service and features.

We hope to get another opportunity to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Nairobi? Share your experiences!