“Romm very old fashion and extremely small” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Sale - From $123
Ranked #40 of 96 hotels in Nairobi
Cremona, Italy
“Romm very old fashion and extremely small”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Very nice restaurant, facilities and lobby but very bad room as well. The room in the tower are very old fashion, tight and bathroom very old ... I was surprised about such poor quality in Hilton room. The balance value for quality i do not suggest this hotel, to expensive for the room quality that is so poor .ò

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear guest,
We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.
We have noted your comment with regards of our hotel status and I have the pleasure to advise that we are indeed in the progress of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come.

With regards of the quality status of our room compared to value, I am indeed very sorry that we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay with us and regret to note your dissatisfaction. I wish to inform you, that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, which will see a complete make-over of the Hotel, in time to come. However, I am pleased to see that you liked our restaurant, facilities and the lobby.

Nevertheless, we appreciate your honest feedback which will go a long way to improve our service and features.

We hope to get another opportunity to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

593 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

If I can simplify my points I would say the Hotel is very old and not well maintained, I advise to renovate it with new fashion as the hotel location is fine and is based in the middle of the city. Also price wise is expensive compared to other newer hotels around.

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and have always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

We have noted your comment with regards of the physical status of our facility and I am indeed very sorry and regret that we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay with us. However, I wish to inform you, that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, which will see a complete make-over of the Hotel, in time to come.

As of the price, although this may be high, it is at par with all other five star hotels within the city, only at independent, small local properties are the prices indeed a lot less, but at comparable, high standard properties one pays a similar amount as you were charged at our hotel. We appreciate your honest feedback which will go a long way to improve our service and features.

Dear Guest, your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi again and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near.

Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Excellent service in given environment! Hilton standards met and maintained inside the establishment. Good atmosphere. Once again as elsewhere, I felt at home away from home... Friendly professional staff, pleasant ambiance and interesting theme variety.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience and sincerely appreciate the fine compliments you make about our facility and outstanding hospitality of our team members. I have gladly shared your comment with our team and management. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful. Therefore we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future again.

In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

LAGOS, Nigeria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My opinion of Hilton, Nairobi is that it is a good hotel to stay when travelling. Staff are quite warm and friendly and very helpful. However, the hotel management needs to upgrade its amenities to give it a facelit and keep it in its class. Thank you.

Dear Guest,

Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guest's expectations.

We thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi and appreciate your gratitude to our team members’ outstanding hospitality and your comment that this is a good place to stay while travelling. In regards to your comment ‘there is need to upgrade’ I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, which will see a complete make-over of the Hotel, in time to come.

We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience, as it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

You will always receive a warm and friendly welcome at the Hilton. The service and helpfulness of the staff was outstanding and I would recommend anyone to taste this experience. The rooms are clean and comfortable the staff go out of their way to make you feel at home and will do anything to make your stay as comfortable as they can.

Dear Guest,

It was truly a pleasure to serve you and we thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. At Hilton we greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests as we constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I am glad to see that you were very satisfied with your overall experience and sincerely appreciate your compliments about the outstanding hospitality of our team members. We are greatly happy to see that ‘We made you feel at home away from home’ during your recent stay with us, which is our promise to our guests. I have had the pleasure to share your ratings with our team members and management as it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

We place great value on your custom and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

It takes the Hilton name, and has been there for many years, but this Hilton could do with a face lift. Dont get me wrong, its an OK place to stay, but doesnt compete with modern buildings and needs to be refreshed. Staff are friendly and helpful. Charges for Internet are a bit high, and even charged if you are staying on the executive level.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

We have noted your comment with regards of the status of our facility, and the need to refresh, I am indeed very sorry that we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay with us. Based on your comments I wish to inform you, that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, which will see a complete make-over of the Hotel, in time to come.

We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience and pleased to see that you were satisfied with the hospitality of our team members. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

As of internet charges, I would like to advise, that apart from internet not being a free service as a Hilton Worldwide policy, our internet service is provided by a 3rd party service provider, making it rather difficult for us to lower it or even provide it for free. I would welcome you to speak to our sales accounts manager to rectify the situation and agree on a satisfactory solution for your upcoming stays.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is an old Hilton hotel located in the business district of Nairobi offering the usual business amenities. Overall it is quite safe with lots of security (metal detector entrance, security guards at the elevators) which is important for downtown Nairobi. The room is generally clean but shows its age and needs renovation soon, especially the old musty carpet.

Bathroom is spacious but dated as well. An in room safe was available but we found a cockroach inside. A piece of cheese was also found inside the lampshade.

Despite the dated room, the staff was professional, helpful and knows what they are doing. Airport pickup was on time which was rare in most African cities. Business lounge provides selections of soft drinks, coffee/tea and evening snacks and offers very slow wifi access. The breakfast offered was quite extensive, and offered a wide selections of food.

The hotel charges a fee for in room Wi-Fi (very slow) which comes as a surprise for a business hotel and for HH honor guests.

Overall 3 stars for the room and amenities and 4 stars for the service.

Room Tip: Worth the splurge to upgrade to a deluxe suite.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guests expectations.

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi and for taking the time to write to us.
We have noted your comment with regards of the status of our facility, and the need to refresh. I am indeed very sorry that we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay with us and based on your comments I wish to inform you, that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, which will see a complete make-over of the Hotel, in time to come.

Nevertheless, we are pleased to see that you were satisfied with the security, general cleanliness of the room and our team members hospitality. I am also very happy to read that your airport transfer was efficiently organised and you enjoyed the range offerings at the executive Lounge.

As of Wi-FI charges, I would like to advise, that apart from internet not being a free service as a Hilton Worldwide policy, our internet service is provided by a 3rd party service provider, making it rather difficult for us to lower it or even provide it for free. With regards of slow connectivity, I am indeed very sorry for the inconvenience caused to you; at rare times we experience some down time from our service provider which we have no direct control of. Understanding your difficulties with the speed and as a gesture of good-will, I wish to rectify the situation during your next stay with us, at the Hilton Nairobi. Kindly contact me directly to prepare the arrangement accordingly.

We also note with great concern that you found a dead cockroach inside the safe and a piece of cheese inside the lampshade, you sincerely have my apologies for this should not be the case, I have shared this information with our executive housekeeper to take up the issue and put corrective measures in place.

Esteemed guest, we place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Nairobi? Share your experiences!