“Hilton Nairobi” 5 of 5 stars

Hilton Nairobi
Ranked #34 of 92 hotels in Nairobi
“Hilton Nairobi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Excellent service in given environment! Hilton standards met and maintained inside the establishment. Good atmosphere. Once again as elsewhere, I felt at home away from home... Friendly professional staff, pleasant ambiance and interesting theme variety.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Guest,
We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and have always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience and sincerely appreciate the fine compliments you make about our facility and outstanding hospitality of our team members. I have gladly shared your comment with our team and management. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful. Therefore we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future again.

In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

534 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Turkish first
LAGOS, Nigeria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My opinion of Hilton, Nairobi is that it is a good hotel to stay when travelling. Staff are quite warm and friendly and very helpful. However, the hotel management needs to upgrade its amenities to give it a facelit and keep it in its class. Thank you.

Dear Guest,

Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guest's expectations.

We thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi and appreciate your gratitude to our team members’ outstanding hospitality and your comment that this is a good place to stay while travelling. In regards to your comment ‘there is need to upgrade’ I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, which will see a complete make-over of the Hotel, in time to come.

We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience, as it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

You will always receive a warm and friendly welcome at the Hilton. The service and helpfulness of the staff was outstanding and I would recommend anyone to taste this experience. The rooms are clean and comfortable the staff go out of their way to make you feel at home and will do anything to make your stay as comfortable as they can.

Dear Guest,

It was truly a pleasure to serve you and we thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. At Hilton we greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests as we constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I am glad to see that you were very satisfied with your overall experience and sincerely appreciate your compliments about the outstanding hospitality of our team members. We are greatly happy to see that ‘We made you feel at home away from home’ during your recent stay with us, which is our promise to our guests. I have had the pleasure to share your ratings with our team members and management as it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

We place great value on your custom and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

It takes the Hilton name, and has been there for many years, but this Hilton could do with a face lift. Dont get me wrong, its an OK place to stay, but doesnt compete with modern buildings and needs to be refreshed. Staff are friendly and helpful. Charges for Internet are a bit high, and even charged if you are staying on the executive level.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

We have noted your comment with regards of the status of our facility, and the need to refresh, I am indeed very sorry that we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay with us. Based on your comments I wish to inform you, that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, which will see a complete make-over of the Hotel, in time to come.

We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience and pleased to see that you were satisfied with the hospitality of our team members. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

As of internet charges, I would like to advise, that apart from internet not being a free service as a Hilton Worldwide policy, our internet service is provided by a 3rd party service provider, making it rather difficult for us to lower it or even provide it for free. I would welcome you to speak to our sales accounts manager to rectify the situation and agree on a satisfactory solution for your upcoming stays.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is an old Hilton hotel located in the business district of Nairobi offering the usual business amenities. Overall it is quite safe with lots of security (metal detector entrance, security guards at the elevators) which is important for downtown Nairobi. The room is generally clean but shows its age and needs renovation soon, especially the old musty carpet.

Bathroom is spacious but dated as well. An in room safe was available but we found a cockroach inside. A piece of cheese was also found inside the lampshade.

Despite the dated room, the staff was professional, helpful and knows what they are doing. Airport pickup was on time which was rare in most African cities. Business lounge provides selections of soft drinks, coffee/tea and evening snacks and offers very slow wifi access. The breakfast offered was quite extensive, and offered a wide selections of food.

The hotel charges a fee for in room Wi-Fi (very slow) which comes as a surprise for a business hotel and for HH honor guests.

Overall 3 stars for the room and amenities and 4 stars for the service.

Room Tip: Worth the splurge to upgrade to a deluxe suite.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guests expectations.

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi and for taking the time to write to us.
We have noted your comment with regards of the status of our facility, and the need to refresh. I am indeed very sorry that we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay with us and based on your comments I wish to inform you, that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, which will see a complete make-over of the Hotel, in time to come.

Nevertheless, we are pleased to see that you were satisfied with the security, general cleanliness of the room and our team members hospitality. I am also very happy to read that your airport transfer was efficiently organised and you enjoyed the range offerings at the executive Lounge.

As of Wi-FI charges, I would like to advise, that apart from internet not being a free service as a Hilton Worldwide policy, our internet service is provided by a 3rd party service provider, making it rather difficult for us to lower it or even provide it for free. With regards of slow connectivity, I am indeed very sorry for the inconvenience caused to you; at rare times we experience some down time from our service provider which we have no direct control of. Understanding your difficulties with the speed and as a gesture of good-will, I wish to rectify the situation during your next stay with us, at the Hilton Nairobi. Kindly contact me directly to prepare the arrangement accordingly.

We also note with great concern that you found a dead cockroach inside the safe and a piece of cheese inside the lampshade, you sincerely have my apologies for this should not be the case, I have shared this information with our executive housekeeper to take up the issue and put corrective measures in place.

Esteemed guest, we place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have organised or attended events at The Hilton many times. One event was company rebrading, the other investor briefing and lastly an AGM for our company. Hilton is a very convenient location because of its location at the heart of Nairobi CBD. The hotel facilities are awesome, good security at the entrance and a high class swimming pool upper in the building. Hotel internet is fast and stable. The only shortcoming is that you will likely encounter major traffic jam especially during morning and late evening hours. Parking space is a major hectic. If you're new to Nairobi it is advisable to call the hotel earlier and arrange for parking space, alternatively there is a public parking next to the High Court, a few meters way.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet their expectations.

We thank you for the compliments you make about our facilities, good security at the entrance, swimming pool, fast and stable internet. We are also happy to read that you like the location of our property and glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

About traffic and parking space within the central business district, we appreciate your feedback and this will go a long way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.

Dear Guest, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi again and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Pune, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The front lobby desk did not assist me in claiming the HHonors points at the time of arrival. The journey ambassador comes very late at around 11:00 AM, but even she is not aware of the HHonors system. She was able to change the email address which was wrong but she was denying that she couldnt change. Finally convinced her to change the email ID , get a new password and login to HHNors to redeem my points for the stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Nairobi? Share your experiences!