This is an old Hilton hotel located in the business district of Nairobi offering the usual business amenities. Overall it is quite safe with lots of security (metal detector entrance, security guards at the elevators) which is important for downtown Nairobi. The room is generally clean but shows its age and needs renovation soon, especially the old musty carpet.
Bathroom is spacious but dated as well. An in room safe was available but we found a cockroach inside. A piece of cheese was also found inside the lampshade.
Despite the dated room, the staff was professional, helpful and knows what they are doing. Airport pickup was on time which was rare in most African cities. Business lounge provides selections of soft drinks, coffee/tea and evening snacks and offers very slow wifi access. The breakfast offered was quite extensive, and offered a wide selections of food.
The hotel charges a fee for in room Wi-Fi (very slow) which comes as a surprise for a business hotel and for HH honor guests.
Overall 3 stars for the room and amenities and 4 stars for the service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the city's heart, the Hilton Nairobi hotel is next to the craft market and 25 minutes' drive from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. Enjoy global dishes at the Traveller's Restaurant, try fine Italian cuisine at Sale E Pepe Restaurant or have a pint at the Hilton Nairobi hotel's Jockey Pub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and EasyToBook so you can book your Hilton Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Hilton International Nairobi
- Nairobi Hilton International