“nice evening” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 96 hotels in Nairobi
A TripAdvisor Member
“nice evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

i visited Hilton hotel last week to plan a surprise for my girl freind the staff was really helpful in setting up the room with flowers and the wine it was a bit late to get the flowers but the staff efforts were a succes it a nice place the view was excellent i would definatly recommend it

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Your continued patronage and comments are a vital part of our growth, for which we are most grateful.

We thank you for your gratitude to our team members helpfulness and assistance in making your girlfriends’ surprise plan to succeed, I am personally grateful that their outstanding hospitality created a memorable moment for you and your spouse. We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience, as well you liked the view. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at Hiltonon Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi again and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

587 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Turkish first
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Very good experience at this exceptional hotel. Fantastic greeting from all staff, wonderful atmosphere and efficient organising of airport transfer by desk staff. Very welcoming and friendly. Would definately go back again, and definately recommend to both friends and business colleagues.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We thank you for taking the time to share your value feedback with us and greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests as we constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience and sincerely appreciate your compliments about the outstanding hospitality of our team members who provided a wonderful atmosphere during your recent stay with us. We are also happy to read that your airport transfer was efficiently organised by our front desk team. It has been my pleasure to share your comment with the team and management as it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Had to wait for 1.5 hrs in the airport for my hotel ride(Previously Paid) arrived at the hotel they took around 20 mins to check me in(everything paid in advance) same happened in the check out but this time extremely unpolite otherwise the rest of hotel staff were very good and friendly the room and food were average

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

We have noted your comment that you waited for 1.5 hrs at the airport for the hotel ride which was prepaid and on arrival it took 20mins to be checked in, despite having everything paid in advance. I sincerely apologize for this long wait and can only imagine this terrible experience. I regret to read that we have not been able to meet your expectation.
After checking our records, I hereby confirm that your reservation was done by a third party who had also organised for your airport transfer. I am very sorry that this was not executed effectively. We have immediately taken up the issue with the third party concerned and they have promised to make it right from their end. As of delayed check in and checkout, we have put corrective measures in place to ensure this does not happen again.

About our team members attitude, you have my sincerest apologies if our team member behaved in such un professional manner. I have shared your experience with our front office manager to refresh all front desk team members on customer care training.
Nevertheless we thank you for your compliments to the rest of the team and their hospitality and appreciate your feedback for this will go a long way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.

Our esteemed guest, I am deeply sorry that we have not been able to meet your expectation and wish to offer you one Airport transfer at the compliments of Hilton Nairobi during your next visit with us.
We value your loyalty and as our promise to our guests is to make it right, I hope to get the chance of meeting you in person when you return back to Nairobi.

mombasa, Kenya
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Hilton is a very good brand but nairobi hilton is in dire straights for renovation.the carpers are completely worn out and all public areas require new make up. the location is perfect and the staff well trained and very welcoming. once feels at home once you enter hilton because of the very good atmosphere created by the staff

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and have always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

We thank you and sincerely appreciate your good comment that we truly delivered our promise, ‘ feeling of it being home away from home’. We are happy to learn from you that our team members hospitality is outstanding and you were truly very satisfied with your overall experience. Believe me, it is ratings such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

With regards of physical status of our property, I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, and the bulk of the issues raised are to be part of this.

We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This hotel is clearly not one of the newer ones in the Hilton franchise and it shows. The rooms are adequate and the staff try their best and are clearly very happy. The location is not great and if you get a road facing room the noise from the traffic is obtrusive at best. It appears to be next to the bus terminus where the only way to communicate with each other and other road users is by blaring on the horn. A day sleep, forget it.
Menu is limited and the internet is charged by the number of units connected not by room which they do not communicate until you check. The staff appear to have no authority to adjust your bill as a courtesy measure which is disappointing.
I wouldn't rush to go back as the rates are high and the location poor.

Room Tip: Get as high as you can and away from the road.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We have noted your comment that it clearly shows that our property is not one of the newest, and the location is not great due to noise from outside, I am sincerely sorry and regret that we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay with us. For the physical status, I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come.

As of the internet charges, I would like to advise that, apart from internet not being a free service as a Hilton Worldwide policy, our internet service is provided by a 3rd party internet service provider, making it rather difficult for us to lower it or even provide it for free. As we understand the increased demand for internet accessibility, Hilton worldwide is currently reviewing all options for a customer friendly solution to support ease and cost friendly access.

Nevertheless, we appreciate your comment that our team members try their best and are clearly very happy. However, as our promise to our guests is to ensure maximum comfort and satisfaction, I regret to read about your dissatisfaction only after your departure and hope to get the chance of meeting you in person when you return back to Nairobi; rest assured we will make it right for you.

We thank you for your time to write and appreciate your valuable feedback and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Buckingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Needs a major renovation. The staff are incompetent at best. My safe kept getting locked and not opening. Needed to change rooms thrice. No apologies. Food was horrible. The bar looked worse. The crowd was even worse. The reception except one chap couldn't care less. The manager it seems is afraid of the staff and refuses to correct them when they are wrong. Tried double billing and claimed it was the computers fault. I mean come on, even by African standards where I have travelled extensively a 2 star motel offers better service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear guest,
We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.
We have noted your comment with regards of racial discrimination in our property and I am deeply sorry to hear that anything happened that suggested of the same while staying with us. I sincerely apologize that we have not been able to meet your expectation and take this opportunity to explain to you that this being a hospitality industry, we treat all our guests equally and with a lot of dignity across the board. However, I have shared your feedback with our team leaders to discuss and refresh all team members of our brand service standards and hospitality promise to all our guests.

With regards to the physical condition of the hotel, I wish to inform you that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come.
I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi again, to prove to you that we always strive to satisfy all our guests staying with us and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide.

________________________________________
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Great disappointment. The staff to begin with, most that is, have no grasp of the concept of customer care. I am even inclined to think this place has some racial discrimination. I heard it n only believed it when I experienced it. Yeah n al the other noticeable stuff culminating to an old, run down hotel. The only thing I liked about my stay there was the company. The Hilton nairobi needs a great deal of work!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear guest,

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Nairobi? Share your experiences!